From Barry Jackson article

Whoever the scout is, he needs to STHU, and worry about his more than likely non-playoff nfl team. Alot of our o-line play these last few years had more to do with coach searels not assesing the best playing weight for guys to play at as well as gus. Our o-line guys need to be in better shape, which is why if donaldson stays healthy, he'll have a better year, the best thing that happened to him was moving to tackle, cause he concentrated on getting into better shape, which gave him better feet when he moved back to guard, helped him pull better.

I wonder who hired the assistant coaches, strength coach, and signed off on the croot?

Advertisement
I pray you are correct.

There is no doubt he is correct. The utilization of the skill players and QBs recruited will be seriously upgraded with Enos.

Again, with the OL...I just shake my head with each staff as they come and go. This absolutely imperative area of our squad, especially with all of our studs over the years at wide out and RB, MUST get corrected, yet it never does. Manny and Enos have to draw a line in the sand and get it right.

UM

Watch how they all magically become more skilled this year.
This guy was presenting an nfl view of our team last year, and he was right. Rosier wasnt nfl. Lingard and Davis were true frosh, Jordan was, Richards went down, Thomas quit amd Cager and Langham weren’t Copland and Thomas. And our OL talent was not acceptable. Jahair jones, mahoney, gauthier? Maturity will help with the younger guys but the assessment of last year’s team wasn’t wrong. Every aspect of this program needs to be upgraded, and manny is aiming to do so.

Advertisement
Whoever the scout is, he needs to STHU, and worry about his more than likely non-playoff nfl team. Alot of our o-line play these last few years had more to do with coach searels not assesing the best playing weight for guys to play at as well as gus. Our o-line guys need to be in better shape, which is why if donaldson stays healthy, he'll have a better year, the best thing that happened to him was moving to tackle, cause he concentrated on getting into better shape, which gave him better feet when he moved back to guard, helped him pull better. Probably our last best in shape o-line across the board was in 2014 when we had flowers, nick linder at guard (which was his best position), mcdermont at center, isadora and feliciano, and who was the o-line coach, art kehoe doing work with some of coach shannon's best recruits.
Lol. Either you agree with his assessment of our talent last year to absolve Richt of responsibility for on-field results, or you disagree with his assessment of our talent and need to come clean on Richt’s failures. Or both.

Advertisement
Agreed...but to a point.

The best mechanic can only get so much hp out of a 4 cylinder engine.

With that said, EVERYTHING on O starts with the OL.

IF OL play can somehow improve ( I've been the skeptic who says the athletes just aten't there), then yes, all other O positions metrics will improve along with them with no actual gain in their skill sets.

Now, if the new O staff can magically teach and inspire gains across the O? Watch out Coastal in 2019 and Clemson is going to hear footsteps in 2020.

Go Canes.
This isn’t a 4 cylinder engine.

You guys can keep trying to tamp down what’s brewing here, but I ain’t having it.

Wait some d-bag is actually getting paid to say this crap. People on this board being saying that **** for two years.

You guys can keep trying to tamp down what’s brewing here, but I ain’t having it.

As usual sir,I can't wait to not know ahead of time what the **** the next play is and the ensuing result and TNM watching the center pull on a roll out, traps, fake traps. Barry knows updated blocking techniques and strategery for Enos ball.

Advertisement
I still remember the civil war that broke out in the offseason leading up to the 2018 season.

There were soooo many people who defended Rosier all the **** time lol

For some reason a lot of people get all warm & fuzzy whenever he's brought up, but he was fckin horrendous, literally one of the 3 worst QB's I've ever seen in school history.
Sad thing is Rosier was a much better QB as an unprepared freshman than he was a second year starter under Rickety. Rickety and son mindfvcked the offensive players and QBs so badly that our QBs got to the point where they couldn’t complete 5 yard passes.

Look at Rosier slinging it around against Puke in 2015. Then, look at the shellshocked mummy who couldn’t throw a 5 yard pass without vapor locking. Perry, similarly, got progressively worse the more he played.

This guy was presenting an nfl view of our team last year, and he was right. Rosier wasnt nfl. Lingard and Davis were true frosh, Jordan was, Richards went down, Thomas quit amd Cager and Langham weren’t Copland and Thomas. And our OL talent was not acceptable. Jahair jones, mahoney, gauthier? Maturity will help with the younger guys but the assessment of last year’s team wasn’t wrong. Every aspect of this program needs to be upgraded, and manny is aiming to do so.
Watch how much better the same talent performs on offense this year.

Advertisement

I don't want to disagree. I want to believe there are untapped turbo-charged V8s waiting to jump off the line and show what they can do.

100% on board with Team Manolo.

We shall see wont we?

Sad thing is Rosier was a much better QB as an unprepared freshman than he was a second year starter under Rickety. Rickety and son mindfvcked the offensive players and QBs so badly that our QBs got to the point where they couldn’t complete 5 yard passes.

Look at Rosier slinging it around against Puke in 2015. Then, look at the shellshocked mummy who couldn’t throw a 5 yard pass without vapor locking. Perry, similarly, got progressively worse the more he played.
Facts.

That's why bringing in a true QB developer was the most important move Diaz had to make this offseason along with getting a new S&C coach & sending Gut Felder the fck outta here.

It's big part of why Canes fans have no reason not to be genuinely excited about what the future holds because we're finally going to get some real QB play over these next 2-3 years. Enos will be made into a Don if he can get just slightly above average QB play out of one of our guys.

The entire OL, RB's & WR's will look drastically different with the increase in productivity from the QB's.

Watch how much better the same talent performs on offense this year.
im sure better coaching will make everyone look better. But that doesnt make the assessment of last year’s offensive talent wrong. Additionally, obviously guys going from true frosh to sophs should progress. That’s true irrespective of coaching.

Obviously our coaching has sucked. We all know that. But that doesn’t mean every criticism of our talent has therefore been wrong.

Once again, you HERD members are not happy if you're not attacking, *****ing and complaining about something UM football.

Who the **** cares what some nameless person said about...LAST YEAR'S TEAM?!?!

I get the HERD's frustration as the UM football program has had a few good months, which makes your hate filled sewing circles more of a challenge for you girls.

But, attacking Mark Richt after his stand-up actions and accomplishments, such as the Indoor Practice Facility, that will benefit recruiting and quality practices for decades, and walking away from millions of dollars that allowed for more cash to pay coaches, simply proves that hate is the HERD's oxygen.

I continue to believe that Manny's biggest challenge over the coming seasons will be knocking down all the hate, half truths, outright lies and manufactured negative rumors courtesy of the HERD.

Advertisement
Back