Frierson announces his return

Advertisement
Frierson displayed his potential. I have a feeling players will shine under the new staff.

Also a name well known in the community. Would serve Miami well if Frierson made the league and succeeded.

Y’all realize he’s not going to play this year right? Striker doesn’t exist anymore and he’s nowhere big enough to play LB. He’s 5th on the totem pole in the safety room.

Almost every team in the nation is playing hybrids

Including Cristobal and Deruyter in Oregon...Their hybrid was slightly more DB than LB, while striker at UM was vice versa but with that being said of all the strikers we've had the last 3-4 years Frierson was the most DB-like

Neutral on Frierson...He's had his moments at UM. Not sure he's needed though or how he will be used, I imagine it's still in some type of hybrid capacity.

Advertisement
Neutral on Frierson...He's had his moments at UM. Not sure he's needed though or how he will be used, I imagine it's still in some type of hybrid capacity.
He will be a hybrid here. Every team uses a hybrid, even the NFL. Gil will thrive.

Frierson is a defensive back. I'd appreciate seeing him slim down and moved to strong safety. The current safety room is talented but lacks leadership. Move Keontra back to the "striker" role and have him battle Chase Smith and Avery Huff to see who starts. Inside LBs would include Steed, Brooks, Flagg, Johnson, Blissainthe, Cave, Troutman, Ragone.

Advertisement
Yep, I grew up loving all the celebration penalties, but it doesn't feel the same when we're not dominating. With that said, I didn't see Georgia doing that after every play this season and our 2001 squad kept it within 7 yards of the opponents backfield, so I don't understand the 30 yard jog on 3rd and 14... whatever, maybe I'm just getting old
These were the little telltale signs about the Canes football woes for years; hamming it up on the sidelines, throwing recruits in the air, dancing when you're getting dragged around the field, sliding in puddles after an inconsequential win.

I believe the term used in the old days was, "Bush League," until those Championship Cane teams redefined it as "Swag." But that was an incredibly unique group. Newer Canes never made that connection that if you aren't backing it up, you're only drawing more attention to the reasons you're failing.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Wonder what position he’s going to settle at
OLB 💯 come fall that’s where he’ll be. Don’t be fooled by spring. Call it what you will. Now that Bolden, Nesta, Harley and most of the party crew is gone, maybe he’ll focus on football this season. Last year was proof, for all of those guys, that’s being focused on clubbing more than football, is bad for the pocket. I’m truly hoping he finds his old self.

Last edited:
OLB 💯 come fall that’s where he’ll be. Don’t be fooled by spring. Call it what you will. Now that Bolden, Nesta, Harley and most of the party crew is gone, maybe he’ll focus on football this season. Last year was proof, for all of those guys, that’s being focused on clubbing more than football, is bad for the pocket. I’m truly hoping he finds his old self.
Nah, he’ll still be a striker, just another name. As I said before, everyone uses this position & all call it something different lol

Nah, he’ll still be a striker, just another name. As I said before, everyone uses this position & all call it something different lol
Sure… I just hope he shows up for the season. Without the bad influences, he should be better. However, I’ll let him prove it on the field. He’s was an absolute beast a few seasons ago. Last year he got a taste for the good life and lost focus. We’ll see together if he’s falls back, or moves forward. The Saturday night after the first game will tell us everything. Fingers crossed for this young man.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back