Freshmen snaps and Key Smith's mom vs Gattis

Donaldson isn’t good and wasn’t at the end here. He was out of shape and always hurt. Mario brought in two more ol. Williams was like half in and half out for his 8th season. I’ll give you Zion. Again we aren’t convincing each other of anything. You want to say it’s not bc of anything the staff does. I’ll say it’s both w a poor job by the staff as well. It is what it is. Good news is Mario will get his time. Gattis and his band of idiots won’t

I haven't given the staff a pass on anything. I think Gattis has shown he has a terrible feel for situational football, and is useless on money downs. Steele has seemed to correct the run defense issues, but the QB contain and pass defense is just as bad as its been since '19.

I also think this is the worst roster we've had on the field in the past 25 years and laugh when people act like if we just kept Lashlee's offensive system this team is magically 6-1 right now.

Advertisement
I made a statement based on the trust I have in Mario when it comes to personnel. I could be wrong but I believe he is recruiting players that fit this mold. If I look stupid in 2 years then so be it we will be in worse shape than we are now if that's the case

I haven't given the staff a pass on anything. I think Gattis has shown he has a terrible feel for situational football, and is useless on money downs. Steele has seemed to correct the run defense issues, but the QB contain and pass defense is just as bad as its been since '19.

I also think this is the worst roster we've had on the field in the past 25 years and laugh when people act like if we just kept Lashlee's offensive system this team is magically 6-1 right now.
we wouldn't be 6-1 w last years staff (this would be no lashlee bc he was gone to SMU). I think that scheme works better for these players. I dont think the roster is as bad as youre making it out to be. thats excusing poor coaching in what led to the MTSU loss, the boneheaded decisions w clock management, and we all know the poor defensive game plan vs duke. this is supposed to be a better and more seasoned staff. that should result in some improvement somewhere. we haven't seen that and we've seen a lot of mistakes weekly by both players and coaches. I will never buy the bull**** that this is the worst roster in 25 years. nope. we dont have a great roster and there are holes and now injuries but we were making the same mistakes healthy that we are hurt now. its a season long issue. ive said this once we got to Southern Miss (literally after that game was played). this also isnt the WORST coaching staff in 25 years either. its somewhere int he middle for both. I dont think Mario picked the right coaches for this team and I think he also had no real choice in some instances bc he clearly got turned down by his primary choices. still time to fix it all (roster and staff).

something id also look into is firing Feld.

I made a statement based on the trust I have in Mario when it comes to personnel. I could be wrong but I believe he is recruiting players that fit this mold. If I look stupid in 2 years then so be it we will be in worse shape than we are now if that's the case
id say 3 years. the schedule is tough in 2 year and th way Mario likes to build, we may be a 4-5 win team in 2 years w that schedule. regardless, every HEAD COACH needs at least 4 years. that doesn't apply to the coordinators.

I think throwing a staff together matching it to the few guys you brought with you is destined to fail. At the time you had a wr coach that was going to be the co oc without even having the actual play caller hired lol. It was like we threw a bunch of individuals together and said ” get on the same page “. Tbh I believe that hurt with getting an OC, most OC’s want to bring their guys , which makes sense. They speak the same language. They don’t want to leave their coaches behind, just like Mario didn’t leave his guys behind. Chemistry matters more than **** , attention grabbing hires.

Just my opinion.
makes sense. I forgot BMAc got the Co-OC title when he came here. we hired a DL coach before the DC was even hired.

Advertisement
Believe it's both. Player go to teams like bama bc they do develop talent. Also that staff hand picks guys with a different mindset and off the chart work ethic. You cannot coach those
they aint hand picking sh*t....they just grabbing n offering all the 5 star players. ROutinely bama has more"offers" out than us.

If I am an offensive player or more a skill player, I wouldn't wanna play for this staff.

Why?

If you're an offensive lineman, Alex Mirabal and Mario Cristobal have put an incredible number of players into the NFL and at Oregon, they built a monster OL.
If you're a running back, Kevin Smith had two RBs from his team at Ole Miss on NFL rosters, and his RB from Ole Miss was instantly a starter here at Miami and he's productive...plus, we want to run the ball. I'm excited to see Citizen next year.
If you're a WR, Josh Gattis has a list of WRs that are in the NFL that he has been a part of their development...and Colbie Young and Xavier Restrepo seem(ed) to be doing just fine.

Stop letting the play of players that don't put in the work and just aren't fits for this program cloud your judgment. These coaches didn't suddenly forget how to coach.

Now...QB...that is a different story...Mario (not a QB coach or playcaller) has a history of not knowing what to do with his QB. After Herbert, quite a few transfers (that ended up P5 starters tbf) until he ended up with Anthony Brown. Kind of gross. Understandable concern moving forward.

Advertisement
The mommies and daddies need to STFU is all I have to say. Yes, Gattis sucks. Does she think, however, that her little tirade helped matters any?

Where did this myth that coordinators pick position coaches and "bring their guys" come from?

they aint hand picking sh*t....they just grabbing n offering all the 5 star players. ROutinely bama has more"offers" out than us.
Def some truth to what you said but they definitely hone in on some 3 stars that they go hard after. Mark Ingram, Slade Bolden, that kid from Deerfield years ago Aaron Robinson (granted he transferred to UCF.) Just saying there’s some real scouting going on and they do it at a high clip.

Advertisement
The Coaches should just boycott the rest of the season & let the players Coach themselves.

I feel so bad for these poor poor Coaches to have to be forced to coach players that aren’t as Elite as them as they are at their jobs...

It’s really unfair when you think about, they should’ve just declined to play this season & abdicated until 2024 or 2025 when they can finally replace the roster with all the Elite 5-star players that they deserve.

If I were this staff I would seriously consider taking legal action against the University, they were clearly lied to...
I stayed away from this board but signed in just once only to up vote this post by @Liberty City El
Enough excuses for the coaches. I don't care how bad our players are. You earn your stripes as a coach by beating Oklahoma when you coach Boise State and embarrassing Clemson when you coach Syracuse. Not by winning a NC with mostly first rounders like Larry Coker.

Last edited:
Well I’m assuming his ******* is round like most people( but maybe not) so if he bent over he’d have a place to put that square peg….broken down enough for ya

My dude, you explaining that as well as my Canes brothers trying to explain why the coaching isn't good when they are breaking down a play. Like...I get what you trying to say, but Will Mallory still dropped the ball and he was wide open.

Advertisement
The Coaches should just boycott the rest of the season & let the players Coach themselves.

I feel so bad for these poor poor Coaches to have to be forced to coach players that aren’t as Elite as them as they are at their jobs...

It’s really unfair when you think about, they should’ve just declined to play this season & abdicated until 2024 or 2025 when they can finally replace the roster with all the Elite 5-star players that they deserve.

If I were this staff I would seriously consider taking legal action against the University, they were clearly lied to...
So I guess it's fair to say LCE was not of Team Mario..lol

I know the season has been Uber frustrating but CIS is a better place with you around my friend.

Do you feel that the coaches, Mario in particular, are throwing the kids under the bus?

(As Susan would say) And then my follow up, if the overwhelming SOFLA coaching community believes this, what impact is this having on the recruiting efforts of Mario and the staff?

Why?

If you're an offensive lineman, Alex Mirabal and Mario Cristobal have put an incredible number of players into the NFL and at Oregon, they built a monster OL.
If you're a running back, Kevin Smith had two RBs from his team at Ole Miss on NFL rosters, and his RB from Ole Miss was instantly a starter here at Miami and he's productive...plus, we want to run the ball. I'm excited to see Citizen next year.
If you're a WR, Josh Gattis has a list of WRs that are in the NFL that he has been a part of their development...and Colbie Young and Xavier Restrepo seem(ed) to be doing just fine.

Stop letting the play of players that don't put in the work and just aren't fits for this program cloud your judgment. These coaches didn't suddenly forget how to coach.

Now...QB...that is a different story...Mario (not a QB coach or playcaller) has a history of not knowing what to do with his QB. After Herbert, quite a few transfers (that ended up P5 starters tbf) until he ended up with Anthony Brown. Kind of gross. Understandable concern moving forward.
Lol who is the list of WR’s Josh gattis has in the nfl please tell me (before you answer I know every single name on the list and I FaceTimed one last night) please make me laugh. I understand the game you get credit for those guys but man you coulda coached those guys to the nfl

Advertisement
Back