Freshmen snaps and Key Smith's mom vs Gattis

So I guess it's fair to say LCE was not of Team Mario..lol

I know the season has been Uber frustrating but CIS is a better place with you around my friend.

Do you feel that the coaches, Mario in particular, are throwing the kids under the bus?

(As Susan would say) And then my follow up, if the overwhelming SOFLA coaching community believes this, what impact is this having on the recruiting efforts of Mario and the staff?
I'm team winning Football games.

I feel everyone involved is making excuses & grasping at straws because they're severely underperfoming & looking for scapegoats.

The South FL coaching community is irrelevant; the only thing that impacts recruiting is performance on the field & ability to sell your program.

Advertisement
Lol who is the list of WR’s Josh gattis has in the nfl please tell me (before you answer I know every single name on the list and I FaceTimed one last night) please make me laugh. I understand the game you get credit for those guys but man you coulda coached those guys to the nfl
I'm a decent coach when I'm in the game, brother.

I mean, he's got a long list of guys he's been involved with at some point of their careers throughout his career. The game is the game and you get credit regardless of the nuance and detail there.

Just on our own roster, does he get no credit for taking a guy no one heard of before we offered and making him our WR1 before the middle of his first season here?

I know he's not well regarded here, and I don't even like him that much, but the effort to discredit someone is silly. I know yall mad, but it gets feminine at times.

Anyone with critical thinking skills who has watched UM football over the past several years can clearly see this. The issue I have today is that we've supposedly assembled a staff of developers and we've heard many reports about how instructive the practices have been since spring, yet the product on the field is notably worse. I cannot think of a single returning player that looks better this year than last.

I do not see how this can all be on the players.
I get what you're saying...but there's been leaps by a few guys. Doesn't mean they are world beaters, ALL ACC type players but definitely better than last year.

Flagg
Ivey
TC
Clark
Brashard
Redding

Those are the ones that are playing at a noticeably higher level than they played at last year.

I'm a decent coach when I'm in the game, brother.

I mean, he's got a long list of guys he's been involved with at some point of their careers throughout his career. The game is the game and you get credit regardless of the nuance and detail there.

Just on our own roster, does he get no credit for taking a guy no one heard of before we offered and making him our WR1 before the middle of his first season here?

I know he's not well regarded here, and I don't even like him that much, but the effort to discredit someone is silly. I know yall mad, but it gets feminine at times.
I’m sure you’re more than a decent coach. Also I don’t think I should ever come off as mad I just been telling it how it is. Gattis is someone I had higher hopes on although I had reason to believe he would fail based on what I knew. I think sometimes in big league coaching a lot of **** breaks your way. If he gets colbie young drafted as a wr I’ll heap a ton of praise on him. Those other guys in the league already. I mean

Advertisement
I'd been in Hawaii. No doubt about it lol
so one reach (even when ewe Took him it was kind of a reach bc people liked it bc he was recruited by leach at WSU and everyone trusts a Leach recruited wR - go back to the thread since we like to do this). we can also do the rest of the room to and pull out their recruiting offers. you wont find a ton of what you see on Keyshawns list

The issue with gattis is no one knew wth he was as a stand alone OC. bama he didn’t call plays and that wasn’t his offense. Michigan is a place where harbaugh has the final say and they brought in another guy to hold gattis’ hand.

So literally not one person knew what his offense would be with him running the whole show. We took a chance and it has gone poorly. Combine that with Mario’s philosophy and ur cooked.

I see ole **** and Texas and tennesse with wide open receivers. Like seriously wide open. And guys on ole **** who I’ve never heard of. Everything we do is contested and harder than necessary. We’re tamu with less talent

Advertisement
The issue with gattis is no one knew wth he was as a stand alone OC. bama he didn’t call plays and that wasn’t his offense. Michigan is a place where harbaugh has the final say and they brought in another guy to hold gattis’ hand.

So literally not one person knew what his offense would be with him running the whole show. We took a chance and it has gone poorly. Combine that with Mario’s philosophy and ur cooked.

I see ole **** and Texas and tennesse with wide open receivers. Like seriously wide open. And guys on ole **** who I’ve never heard of. Everything we do is contested and harder than necessary. We’re tamu with less talent
he was the sole OC his 2 years at Michigan and they weren't good. the reports were that Harbaugh only went more hands on in 21 after the heat was coming onto him and the seat was warm. it turned the offense around and now they promoted the QB coach who he brought in 21 Weiss to Co-OC w Moore who was the Co-OC in 21 w Gattis.

I'm team winning Football games.

I feel everyone involved is making excuses & grasping at straws because they're severely underperfoming & looking for scapegoats.

The South FL coaching community is irrelevant; the only thing that impacts recruiting is performance on the field & ability to sell your program.
Texas A&M isn't exactly performing great (no 10-win seasons for many many years- 2012) on the field yet they signed the top class of all time. Heck, Jimbo hasn't had a 10-win season in 8 years! The point is, $$$ does impact recruiting BUT I'm not sure we want kids that are only going to commit due to $$$(see Texas A&M).

I'm also team winning football games. Both the OC and DC have made it tougher on the team with their decisions (personnel, play calls, schemes with personnel). Sadly, injuries are the most likely problem that no one could really control. What could have been if Nelson, Citizen, Chaney, X, Young... played all season.

It will be very telling this offseason as we will see who leaves and who stays and fights! It is hard to stay and fight when Miami sucked and you potentially didn't get to play much OR think you'll get drafted (maybe TS2/TVD/Nelson).

Texas A&M isn't exactly performing great (no 10-win seasons for many many years- 2012) on the field yet they signed the top class of all time. Heck, Jimbo hasn't had a 10-win season in 8 years! The point is, $$$ does impact recruiting BUT I'm not sure we want kids that are only going to commit due to $$$(see Texas A&M).

I'm also team winning football games. Both the OC and DC have made it tougher on the team with their decisions (personnel, play calls, schemes with personnel). Sadly, injuries are the most likely problem that no one could really control. What could have been if Nelson, Citizen, Chaney, X, Young... played all season.

It will be very telling this offseason as we will see who leaves and who stays and fights! It is hard to stay and fight when Miami sucked and you potentially didn't get to play much OR think you'll get drafted (maybe TS2/TVD/Nelson).
I agree w what you said except the stays and fight crap lol. this is their lives too and their careers. unlike coaches who get a guaranteed check if they fail, the kids dont. they gotta do what's best for them and their future. if it means staying, im thrilled. if it means going elsewhere where they feel they'll be more successful, so be it. its no diff than any other transfer player.

Advertisement
I agree w what you said except the stays and fight crap lol. this is their lives too and their careers. unlike coaches who get a guaranteed check if they fail, the kids dont. they gotta do what's best for them and their future. if it means staying, im thrilled. if it means going elsewhere where they feel they'll be more successful, so be it. its no diff than any other transfer player.

I'm not vested in what the kids do. If they leave... ok. If they stay...ok. The point is simple, those that stay after being on a BAD team are more likely to fight/work hard to improve. Those that think it is just easier to transfer to a winner aren't likely to have a big impact. If the kids are honest with themselves, they will realize that going to the NFL or a better college team just means they better be ready to WORK much harder than they currently are working.

Even in High school I didn’t run back and tell my mommy what went on practice or if a coach was mean to me. I’ve had coaches rip me to shreds all the way back to campus for missing a tackle on the game winning drive. If I’d told my mom that **** would’ve broken loose. But looking back I deserved it and I’m glad I wasn’t a *****.

Everyone likes to rip the kids these days but immature *** grown people are raising these soft ***, entitled kids. If you have issues handle it face to face . If that doesn’t work transfer. The world doesn’t need to know every little bit of drama that’s going on.
hes-right-you-know.jpg

I'm not vested in what the kids do. If they leave... ok. If they stay...ok. The point is simple, those that stay after being on a BAD team are more likely to fight/work hard to improve. Those that think it is just easier to transfer to a winner aren't likely to have a big impact. If the kids are honest with themselves, they will realize that going to the NFL or a better college team just means they better be ready to WORK much harder than they currently are working.
thats fine. a lot of rhetoric. tell me this, if you stay at a failing company, does that mean you be w.e. you said in there or just going down w the ship and didnt get poached by a more successful company? I dont think it means any of that. you gotta do what's best for you. that fight work hard stuff is just a lot of talk. if theyre hard workers, they'll work hard anywhere. it doesn't matter if youre on a bad team or good team. you. just gotta do what's best for you and no one else. the coaches you stay for will leave the instant they get a better opportunity.

Advertisement
he was the sole OC his 2 years at Michigan and they weren't good. the reports were that Harbaugh only went more hands on in 21 after the heat was coming onto him and the seat was warm. it turned the offense around and now they promoted the QB coach who he brought in 21 Weiss to Co-OC w Moore who was the Co-OC in 21 w Gattis.
Exactly but harbaugh gets his way with the offense there even if gattis calls the plays and it’s his playbook. So gattis with no influence from another play caller is not a know commodity cause Mario doesn’t call plays

Lol who is the list of WR’s Josh gattis has in the nfl please tell me (before you answer I know every single name on the list and I FaceTimed one last night) please make me laugh. I understand the game you get credit for those guys but man you coulda coached those guys to the nfl
I woulda had DPJ looking like megatron lol

Exactly but harbaugh gets his way with the offense there even if gattis calls the plays and it’s his playbook. So gattis with no influence from another play caller is not a know commodity cause Mario doesn’t call plays
you may be right but just going by what was floating around Michigan. I took it as Harbaugh kinda stayed hands off till the results were bad and they went back to what Harbaugh did at Stanford (could be wrong so feel free to correct me).

thats fine. a lot of rhetoric. tell me this, if you stay at a failing company, does that mean you be w.e. you said in there or just going down w the ship and didnt get poached by a more successful company? I dont think it means any of that. you gotta do what's best for you. that fight work hard stuff is just a lot of talk. if theyre hard workers, they'll work hard anywhere. it doesn't matter if youre on a bad team or good team. you. just gotta do what's best for you and no one else. the coaches you stay for will leave the instant they get a better opportunity.

I honestly wouldn't know as I haven't worked for a failing company... they only failed after I had long left. Also, a failing company stops paying the bills while a failing football team keeps on going.

Kids are too quick to leave just because they have to work hard or the coach said "we suck." Heck, a lot of employees are too quick to jump ship just because they have to actually work.

Advertisement
Back