Freshman WRs

What separates Saban is his WR are legit GUYS. Our fresh wrs would not sniff the field day 1 at Bama. Pope, Wiggins and Mike wouldn’t have played until year 3. That’s the difference. We have to sit through growing pain for kids who are clearly pressing to make plays. For pope and Wiggins time is running out. The plays are there to be made to be difference makers
dee wouldnt get offered at Bama. he was overhyped by pete and them. Like he was some hidden gem. Harley and Pope probably dont get an offer either and pope definately gets thrown in the portal. They at least show effort. Dee is weak sauce.

Advertisement
Most staffs in the country would play the better guys over the ... other guys. Miami has had a curious stench for ages now. It's like they're afraid of ****ing off local kids so they go with seniority.
right like kesyhawn smith cant drop a pass or get bullied. lol

Jeudy wasn't built when he got there, and he did work as a frosh. Saban has recruited big guys, 20 year old frosh, and great prospects. They're all tough kids who can catch and fight for the ball.
Built?? You mean his body? Because technically he was the best WR to come out since Amari. And I was telling folks that at the time. If you seen him up close u knew he was ready Day 1 to contribute. None and I repeat none of our WR recruits have been on that level. That includes Noodles. What’s going on with our guys is 2 fold. They probably saw the field too early. And last they aren’t making the game changing plays. At this point they probably aren’t those type of players.

Advertisement
right like kesyhawn smith cant drop a pass or get bullied. lol
Oh look, a clown!

Anyone who's not blind or delusional knows that we just witnessed some of the worst WR play you'll ever see anywhere. With experienced juniors dropping catchable balls all over the place, over and over, in critical moments.

And now we're supposed to think that it makes sense they're playing, because hey, it's possible some other WRs would make the same drops?

At least we can go to kids who have a future at UM and need the experience. It's unlikely they'll drop that many passes in that way, but again, maybe they're all that bad. Doubt it but we wouldn't know, because our staff keeps playing the ball drop boys.

Oh look, a clown!

Anyone who's not blind or delusional knows that we just witnessed some of the worst WR play you'll ever see anywhere. With experienced juniors dropping catchable balls all over the place, over and over, in critical moments.

And now we're supposed to think that it makes sense they're playing, because hey, it's possible some other WRs would make the same drops?

At least we can go to kids who have a future at UM and need the experience. It's unlikely they'll drop that many passes in that way, but again, maybe they're all that bad. Doubt it but we wouldn't know, because our staff keeps playing the ball drop boys.
bro, it was sarcasm. my point was how can smith be any worse.

Built?? You mean his body? Because technically he was the best WR to come out since Amari. And I was telling folks that at the time. If you seen him up close u knew he was ready Day 1 to contribute. None and I repeat none of our WR recruits have been on that level. That includes Noodles. What’s going on with our guys is 2 fold. They probably saw the field too early. And last they aren’t making the game changing plays. At this point they probably aren’t those type of players.
Built is a pretty clear word. It refers to your ... you know ... your build.

Jeudy wasn't scrawny but he developed his body pretty well from his frosh year to his Jr one. When he was coming out of HS he was not some big body I don't recall anyhow. More angular with room to develop.

But anyhow, what's going on with our guys is their hands aren't good, their concentration isn't good, they're not tough enough in live play and don't use their bodies well.

dee wouldnt get offered at Bama. he was overhyped by pete and them. Like he was some hidden gem. Harley and Pope probably dont get an offer either and pope definately gets thrown in the portal. They at least show effort. Dee is weak sauce.
Wiggins has (STILL) the most upside physically of both mike and Pope. Comes down to just finishing the plays. Pope had the offers of the big boys. The thing with 3...I know he works. Pope and Wiggins work. It’s just you have to make these difference making plays. That’s if your that guy. If your not then your just “a guy” we’ve got a name for those. If your in year 4 and just “a guy” Peyton, X, brinson, smith and smith are stealing reps..simple as that

Advertisement
Built is a pretty clear word. It refers to your ... you know ... your build.

Jeudy wasn't scrawny but he developed his body pretty well from his frosh year to his Jr one. When he was coming out of HS he was not some big body I don't recall anyhow. More angular with room to develop.

But anyhow, what's going on with our guys is their hands aren't good, their concentration isn't good, they're not tough enough in live play and don't use their bodies well.
Yeah jeudy was wirey but the kid was also the most natural WR to come out of Broward in forever. Day 1 ready from a route running and concentration standpoint.
The bold I agree wholeheartedly. They probably need to get they eyes checked..I’m not even joking. You watch them at the POA and it like they never catching **** clean and look shaky.

Yeah jeudy was wirey but the kid was also the most natural WR to come out of Broward in forever. Day 1 ready from a route running and concentration standpoint.
The bold I agree wholeheartedly. They probably need to get they eyes checked..I’m not even joking. You watch them at the POA and it like they never catching **** clean and look shaky.
You're arguing a point that's not relevant to what my point is. I happen to agree 100% he was great but it's neither here nor there to my comment on physicality.

Watching our receivers incapable of making tough catches is just depressing. We're a long way from Reggie Wayne, Andre Johnson, Santana Moss, or even Hankerson and Benjamin. Irvin, Perriman, Blades. Dawkins, Carroll, Lamar Thomas, Copeland, dammit even Berrios as a senior. Where have you gone, joe dimmaggio?

Advertisement
Harley can come back. He showed the greatest turn around of any of our WS in years. The other two jackasses can go. Plain and simple. They have been here for 3 years and can’t catch a solid pass (and I’m completely shocked that I would use N’Kosi and solid pass in the same sentence). Kosi was money tonight! Pope should be ashamed and should just quit football as a result. Wiggins should just use his hand for hand modeling or something less important. They both had several clean balls and couldn’t make it happen. They need to leave or ride the pine. These kids coming in and the 3 current freshmen should knock them
off of their pedestal (hopefully in spring) and we are done. Then we can try to okay Bama respectfully (with a new DC and CB coach of course).

What separates Saban is his WR are legit GUYS. Our fresh wrs would not sniff the field day 1 at Bama. Pope, Wiggins and Mike wouldn’t have played until year 3. That’s the difference. We have to sit through growing pain for kids who are clearly pressing to make plays. For pope and Wiggins time is running out. The plays are there to be made to be difference makers
Alabama gets guys who make plays as frosh. We get guys who drop everything as experienced juniors.

Advertisement
You're arguing a point that's not relevant to what my point is. I happen to agree 100% he was great but it's neither here nor there to my comment on physicality.

Watching our receivers incapable of making touch catches is just depressing. We're a long way from Reggie Wayne.
Lol so y even bring that up? **** nah he wouldn’t be my first pick run on air with his shirt off but as a WR he was day 1 ready. Glad we agree.

man we gotta stop comparing these kids to the greats. Until we get this **** rolling I refuse to do that. Honestly who is the last WR recruit who u looked at in HS, unbiased and said that kid is ready to be that guy Day 1? On Offense wr/RB is likely the easiest jump from HS to college to adjust too...If your name represents the real person I know you have trained eye..for me Even with AR 82 I didn’t see the impact coming as early as it did. His production in HS was definitely there tho. Coley I was excited but he was Hella raw..as a pass catcher the only guy i can think of is Brevin.. and he’s a **** TE.

Lol so y even bring that up? **** nah he wouldn’t be my first pick run on air with his shirt off but as a WR he was day 1 ready. Glad we agree.

man we gotta stop comparing these kids to the greats. Until we get this **** rolling I refuse to do that. Honestly who is the last WR recruit who u looked at in HS, unbiased and said that kid is ready to be that guy Day 1? On Offense wr/RB is likely the easiest jump from HS to college to adjust too...If your name represents the real person I know you have trained eye..for me Even with AR 82 I didn’t see the impact coming as early as it did. His production in HS was definitely there tho. Coley I was excited but he was Hella raw..as a pass catcher the only guy i can think of is Brevin.. and he’s a **** TE.
I brought it up for a simple reason. Not sure what you're responding to. But whatever. AR made tough plays. Pope and Wiggins nope.

This staff is going to prove to everyone whether they have it or not next season. If they start throwing lies about Wiggins & Pope in offseason practices about how they're taking steps forward, everyone on this board should take that as "We're going to play the guys we like no matter what".

Gonna get negged to obliteration but it's cool (no hard feelings). I think Pope and/or Wiggins do good next year. They are on the typical dumb *** UM WR path. With the exception of A.R. 82 who I think our Strength Staff ****ed up.
F - Don't do much but for some reason, play on special teams and **** to burn the redshirt.
So - In rotation but not much of a factor
Jr - Be in position to make plays but **** it up
Sr - Break out
Berrios did this, Harley did this, Langham was a transfer candidate until he 2as the hero.
I don't know what the **** it is but this seems to be a trend.
On a separate note: I'm a Steelers fan so I get to see drops on Saturdays and Sundays

Advertisement
Back