Freshman WRs

Advertisement
You see the improvement Harley made? Yes Wiggins and pope have more talent. It’s not a talent issue. You’ve just got to finish these plays to bring your game to the next level. As of right now they are average college wrs. If you watch teams across the country that’s exactly the category they fall into. We want them to be top of the ACC level performers. They might not put it together to be that. But it won’t be for a lack of talent
They lead the ACC in drops... they’re worse than average college receivers...

Just bring them bois in and compete..if that out perform Pope and Wiggins, they play. Wiggins was a 3star and had produced like it. Pope was a 4 star plays like a 3. Simply means both are inconsistent. Both struggled to make THE PLAY
You sound silly as **** with the star talk. has nothing to do with anything regarding these 2 clowns. they both suck plain and simple and do the bare min. of what it takes to be great regardless of star rating. Wiggins should have never been offered a scholly still cant believe they took him over the kid that went to baylor.

The problem was whoever evaluated these clowns. That includes Harley. Pope is the exception. I don't think anyone thought he would suck this bad but the others you could see.

Harley can come back. He showed the greatest turn around of any of our WS in years. The other two jackasses can go. Plain and simple. They have been here for 3 years and can’t catch a solid pass (and I’m completely shocked that I would use N’Kosi and solid pass in the same sentence). Kosi was money tonight! Pope should be ashamed and should just quit football as a result. Wiggins should just use his hand for hand modeling or something less important. They both had several clean balls and couldn’t make it happen. They need to leave or ride the pine. These kids coming in and the 3 current freshmen should knock them
off of their pedestal (hopefully in spring) and we are done. Then we can try to okay Bama respectfully (with a new DC and CB coach of course).

Harley can gtfo too. He and wiggins are two of the most uncordinated wr's ive ever seen.

Advertisement
Harley can gtfo too. He and wiggins are two of the most uncordinated wr's ive ever seen.
So you’re convinced that Restrepo is the goods at slot to hand the reins over right now? I seem to remember a contingency in here blasting the punt return fumbles (can’t remember who it was...perhaps Pope) and suggested Restrepo give a go instead. Coaches did just that. How did it go?

Point is that Harley has shown that he is willing to put in the time to become better. While he may not be the most coordinated dude on the field (which I disagree with but I’ll go along), your supporting that we should start someone that is perceived as having better athleticism?

The issue with Pope and Wiggins is that they are not working hard enough to fix their issues. Champion Cane teams were filled with guys working on their craft to get better. They were not going to lose their spot by mailing it in and worked extra time to make sure that was not the case. Harley has shown a dramatic turnaround from Clemson on, and we should be encouraging kids that they can cement some playing time by demonstrating the work ethic necessary to improve (and seeing the results of those changes). This is not a wave a magic wand situation here. The work has to be put in, even by the more talented and athletic kids. And believe it or not, some of these freshman kids need to develop when they come in.

I like Harley, but problem is that he is a complimentary WR, not a featured. Pope and Wiggins can’t catch, not withstanding the fact they play small and get bullied. Totally useless for the position, they should transfer to NAIA, have fun on social media, and get a degree.

You sound silly as **** with the star talk. has nothing to do with anything regarding these 2 clowns. they both suck plain and simple and do the bare min. of what it takes to be great regardless of star rating. Wiggins should have never been offered a scholly still cant believe they took him over the kid that went to baylor.

The problem was whoever evaluated these clowns. That includes Harley. Pope is the exception. I don't think anyone thought he would suck this bad but the others you could see.
Just tryna contextualize it 😂. Tbh Star system isn’t exact but there is a correlation to that and winning at the highest level

I hope Pope & Wiggins learned from some of our past players & drclare for the NFL draft to feel their families.

Advertisement
Ivins said on his podcast today that Wiggins and Pope had a drop percentage of 16% and 15% respectively.

That seems low.

16% is 1 out of every 6. Wiggins has 31 receptions, Pope has 33. That would mean that each one has 6 drops, and it sure seems like they've had more than that.

Maybe they are counting all times the WR is targeted.

Numbers are inflated by catching easy bubble screens. Prob more like 25-35% on downfield passes. Disgraceful.

Srsly wish Manny/Lash would just push them out. They cant start next year and will be locker room cancers on the bench. Lose Lose

Hey! Wiggins and Pope are perfectly capable of dropping bubble screens too, ya know!

Advertisement
Back