Former Saban DCs haven't figured out Offense

Advertisement
No. He wanted Brees.

Not bad enough he didn’t. So you’re swallowing Saban's tall tale trying to rewrite history and his legacy? It is well known Saban rejected Brees over worry over his shoulder. He blew it. He could have had him. Saban failed as an NFL coach. That is that. His college record is one thing, but his NFL record is a disaster.

Not bad enough he didn’t. So you’re swallowing Saban's tall tale trying to rewrite history and his legacy? It is well known Saban rejected Brees over worry over his shoulder. He blew it. He could have had him. Saban failed as an NFL coach. That is that. His college record is one thing, but his NFL record is a disaster.
Whatever you have to tell yourself to discredit Saban, that's fine. Truth is, he wanted Brees. That's ultimately why he hauled a$$ cause he realized that he wasn't gonna be able to make all the decisions.

Whatever you have to tell yourself to discredit Saban, that's fine. Truth is, he wanted Brees. That's ultimately why he hauled a$$ cause he realized that he wasn't gonna be able to make all the decisions.
Eh. No one told him to take Jason Allen over Antonio Cromartie in 2006 or take Ronnie Brown over Aaron Rodgers in 2005 when he had Frerotte and Rosenfels on the roster. His entire 2006 draft was terrible. Thats on him

Well, I can assuredly give you a list of reasons why Saban's teaching is overblown, and, despite the credit he gets for still to this day being involved in the secondary coaching at the Saban Plantation of Tuscaloosa, his specialty has become more about leaning on the coaching of others and having an open checkbook.

I mean, I could, but you wouldn't know WTH I'm talking about, so I won't.

Fact of the matter is, Saban was incredibly fortunate to land at Alabama when he did. The school's resources and coming along right at the time when big $ opened a Pandora's box in college football made his legacy. Not saying Saban is a dummy, but look to his time with the Dolphins to balance out those Bama accolades...

Uhhhhhh, all good HCs lean on competent coordinators, position coaches, & analysts, welcome to the 21st century.

Advertisement
Eh. No one told him to take Jason Allen over Antonio Cromartie in 2006 or take Ronnie Brown over Aaron Rodgers in 2005 when he had Frerotte and Rosenfels on the roster. His entire 2006 draft was terrible. Thats on him

Every coach bats 1.000 in the draft, huh?

I mean, the fact that people have to reference the cup of coffee he had in the NFL to discredit his coaching career is flat-out silly.
And it's everybody's go-to rebuttal when talking about Saban.
"bUt He SuCkEd iN tHe NfL!"

Dude is the greatest football coach of all-time, period. Right along with his best friend Bill.
It is what it is.

Uhhhhhh, all good HCs lean on competent coordinators, position coaches, & analysts, welcome to the 21st century.
That was the silliest thing he said in this entire thread.
Even if that was the case...
Who does he think HIRED THOSE ASSISTANTS?!

EVERY great coach is surrounded by good assistants!

Every coach bats 1.000 in the draft, huh?

I mean, the fact that people have to reference the cup of coffee he had in the NFL to discredit his coaching career is flat-out silly.
And it's everybody's go-to rebuttal when talking about Saban.
"bUt He SuCkEd iN tHe NfL!"

Dude is the greatest football coach of all-time, period. Right along with his best friend Bill.
It is what it is.
He didn't even bat .200 in the draft. His college career is second to none. You defending his NFL tenure which ended in a 6-10 year seems silly. He left because the NFL wasn't for him. He had multiple franchise changing QB decisions that he screwed up. It is what it is

Innovative defensive mind:
That was the silliest thing he said in this entire thread.
Even if that was the case...
Who does he think HIRED THOSE ASSISTANTS?!

EVERY great coach is surrounded by good assistants!

Yet 90% of the mopes on this board scream Manny only got his wins in 2020 because he “lucked” into Lashlee.

Advertisement
He didn't even bat .200 in the draft. His college career is second to none. You defending his NFL tenure which ended in a 6-10 year seems silly. He left because the NFL wasn't for him. He had multiple franchise changing QB decisions that he screwed up. It is what it is
Ok.

Saban is a very knowledgeable coach. He’s been around a long time. The difference between him and cmr is that saban is an ******* and cares little about anything except winning. He cares so much about winning that he’s willing to to be open minded about his defensive and offense philosophy.
But he stocks piles talent to the point that you have no choice but to work hard. He’s known for throwing you off the team or benching you perpetually. The whole team is in fear that at any moment your gonna get a call to take your *** back home or lose first team reps.
He has a squad of people and analyst breaking down film and following kids social media.
No one in that team feels even a bit of confidence that his spot is secure.
Even if your a great player they might decide to change schemes that don’t suit what your good at.
But he can afford to do that cause he has a 3 deep that’s talented and incoming classes with first rounders. Evaluations are Monday morning quarter backs. Plenty of dudes don’t pan out there.
And he has a blank check to do it all.
It’s not a level playing field. But not everybody has that level of disregard for their players and that level of “win at all costs and no matter what it takes” mentality.
How many coaches would’ve benched Hurts his senior year? How many have the talent to bench their 2 year starter for a freshman at halftime of the championship game?
Ive followed Bama classes and he’s sent 5 stars packing. Do you know what kind of message that sends to a team?
He had 5 stars graduate out of there that never started! And they still don’t transfer out.
He can afford to do some of these things cause he has the talent to do so.
As freshman Jeudy and smith were taking more and more reps as the season went on cause he just couldn’t sit them. Jones Bell saw the field cause Waddle got hurt for a total of one catch for -2 yards. And Xavier Williams has been breaking a sweat every day except Saturday. Don’t see any of them popping off on Twitter.
So yeah, he has rings but we give him way to much credit as a “football mind” and “talent developer”.
But as a guy who knows how to run a winning program he’s the best.

You know this how? You know something nobody else knows, or has ever said?

Even Saban doesn’t say this.

I’m not trying to discredit him as a college coach, but he sucked as an NFL coach - his record says so. I haven’t tried to discredit him as a college coach.

Quit trying to cape for a sucky NFL coach.

You know this how? You know something nobody else knows, or has ever said?

Even Saban doesn’t say this.

I’m not trying to discredit him as a college coach, but he sucked as an NFL coach - his record says so. I haven’t tried to discredit him as a college coach.

Quit trying to cape for a sucky NFL coach.

Sure he did. He sugar coated it by saying that he wouldn't be able to "control his own destiny" in the NFL.
He 100% wanted Drew Brees. Who DOESN'T know this? lol

Advertisement
Sure he did. He sugar coated it by saying that he wouldn't be able to "control his own destiny" in the NFL.
He 100% wanted Drew Brees. Who DOESN'T know this? lol

So he never actually said it.

Read up on what Drew Brees has to say about the whole thing.

Carry on, Saban ranger.

So he never actually said it.

Read up on what Drew Brees has to say about the whole thing.

Carry on, Saban ranger.
Read between the lines, d!ckhead.

He's not gonna come out publicly and throw his GM and organization under the bus.
He wanted Brees. Everybody knows that, you're just being a contrarian.

Read between the lines, d!ckhead.

He's not gonna come out publicly and throw his GM and organization under the bus.
He wanted Brees. Everybody knows that, you're just being a contrarian.
LOL @ dlckhead.

You’re getting upset because of your fanboy feels over Saban.

Nobody is saying what you are saying. So apparently you were there when all the decisions were made. When in reality, anything that’s ever been written shows that there was hesitation on Saban’s part regarding Brees.

And nothing changes what his record is in the NFL, and that record says he sucks and he tucked tail and ran because he couldn’t hack it.

Great college coach, disaster as an NFL coach. The records says so.

Wait a second. I hear something. Oh yeah, that’s the Saban cüm guzzlers fan club calling its president, you better take that call.

Advertisement
I could give you a list of reasons why but it's very likely that you wouldn't know WTF I'm talking about. In the coaching world, he is regarded as one of the most innovative defensive coaches of all time.
Rip/Liz match comes to mind. Saban is directly responsible for all of the tite fronts we are seeing against spread teams right now too.

LOL @ dlckhead.

You’re getting upset because of your fanboy feels over Saban.

Nobody is saying what you are saying. So apparently you were there when all the decisions were made. When in reality, anything that’s ever been written shows that there was hesitation on Saban’s part regarding Brees.

And nothing changes what his record is in the NFL, and that record says he sucks and he tucked tail and ran because he couldn’t hack it.

Great college coach, disaster as an NFL coach. The records says so.

Wait a second. I hear something. Oh yeah, that’s the Saban cüm guzzlers fan club calling its president, you better take that call.
Oh nobody's upset. LOL
You just don't know WTF you're talking about.
Dude wanted Brees. He has said that verbatim, but also said that Miami's medical staff didn't clear it.

"I never really commented a lot about this before, but the Drew Brees scenario really soured me a little bit because, we really wanted to get him. We had him," Saban said. "Circumstances, (the) physical, didn't allow us to have him on our team and then he went on to have tremendous success. We didn't have a quarterback that year, so we didn't have success. That really, sort of, rubbed me the wrong way and I just felt like I could control my destiny better at Alabama."

And he didn't tuck his tail and run. Within those 2 years in Miami, he found out that he wasn't gonna have things his way, and he didn't jive with that.

Oh nobody's upset. LOL
You just don't know WTF you're talking about.
Dude wanted Brees. He has said that verbatim, but also said that Miami's medical staff didn't clear it.

"I never really commented a lot about this before, but the Drew Brees scenario really soured me a little bit because, we really wanted to get him. We had him," Saban said. "Circumstances, (the) physical, didn't allow us to have him on our team and then he went on to have tremendous success. We didn't have a quarterback that year, so we didn't have success. That really, sort of, rubbed me the wrong way and I just felt like I could control my destiny better at Alabama."

And he didn't tuck his tail and run. Within those 2 years in Miami, he found out that he wasn't gonna have things his way, and he didn't jive with that.

All that statement says it’s Brees wanted to be here and he wanted him but he failed his physical.

Advertisement
Back