Former Saban DCs haven't figured out Offense

My opinion is they are both significantly underperforming considering their recruiting, monetary, booster and fan support and facilities advantages. Look at their recruiting rankings, how much they money they put into their programs, etc. But they are both headed the way of Texas. Big money, no results.
I definitely wouldn’t say smart is underachieving. Using him and Pruitt as the main guys in this instance. Pruitt was in the toughest division in CFB in my opinion. Even though he recruited well it’s still a step below LSU and Bama imo. And again u gotta figure out the QB room consistently in today’s game

Advertisement
Smart is 52-14, 3 SEC championships in a league with Saban/Alabama, and a narrow loss in the CFB in his first 5 years of head coaching....no coach has comes close to equaling that...
I definitely wouldn’t say smart is underachieving. Using him and Pruitt as the main guys in this instance. Pruitt was in the toughest division in CFB in my opinion. Even though he recruited well it’s still a step below LSU and Bama imo. And again u gotta figure out the QB room consistently in today’s game
A trained monkey could win 10-12 games consistently in the SEC East the way UGA consistently buys the top 1, 2, or 3 class every year, and next to Bama they have the best resources for paying assistants. It’s a major fail they haven’t won an NC yet.

If they don’t win one in the next couple of years, the natives will get super restless, and
rightly so.

To whom much is given, much is expected.

Pruitt’s failure is self-explanatory, I really don’t need to elaborate.

When you’re an assistant in a program where they eat NY Strips every night; life is good

When you get the opportunity to reach your dream becoming a HC and the program eats hot dogs every night; life isn’t as good and its really hard to make that jump to NY Strips like you were used to in the old program.

Smart is 52-14, 3 SEC championships in a league with Saban/Alabama, and a narrow loss in the CFB in his first 5 years of head coaching....no coach has comes close to equaling that...
Mark Richt just sneezed at this. Minus the Championship thing...which Richt wouldve made if the playoffs was a thing

Advertisement
My opinion is they are both significantly underperforming considering their recruiting, monetary, booster and fan support and facilities advantages. Look at their recruiting rankings, how much they money they put into their programs, etc. But they are both headed the way of Texas. Big money, no results.
You don't need to say it's your opinion because these are facts

Simply put, Urban Meyer is the best college football coach of my lifetime. He’s the best evaluator of player and coaching talent. Saben is the biggest winner, because he has built and stayed at the machine that is Alabama. Meyer is the better coach and football mind. My2
(I hate them both equally) lol wish they coached here 😂

Advertisement
I could give you a list of reasons why but it's very likely that you wouldn't know WTF I'm talking about. In the coaching world, he is regarded as one of the most innovative defensive coaches of all time.
I believe you as a very technical defensive point. But I don't think he's innovative in the way people use the term - he's inherently conservative. He's very smart and a refiner, IMO. Certainly on offense he's been a conservative guy and then a follower of trends.

This is unfair to UGA, IMO.

They were nowhere in '15 (Richt's last year). Smart comes in, gets recruiting going, but Richt had some guys who matured, and they jump to 2 in '17, fall a bit to 7 in '18, and then back to 4 in '19. In '20, they finished 7th (AP) and 9th (CFP). But '20 was a weird year with Covid, in any case.

So for the past 4 years, they are squarely in the top zone, right there after Clemson, Alabama and Ohio State, alongside LSU, Oklahoma, ND, Florida and ahead of Penn State and a few others who pop up there.

You can argue they are underperforming their recruiting, and if they keep up this recruiting and don't break through in the CFP, I might agree. But it's still only a few years of classes, and they do play in the SEC. I do not know if Smart can break through and I'm not making a prediction about him, but they probably take more heat than they deserve.

Oregon is a different story. They've had one good year in the past 4. They strike me as along the lines of your comment.

I could give you a list of reasons why but it's very likely that you wouldn't know WTF I'm talking about. In the coaching world, he is regarded as one of the most innovative defensive coaches of all time.

Well, I can assuredly give you a list of reasons why Saban's teaching is overblown, and, despite the credit he gets for still to this day being involved in the secondary coaching at the Saban Plantation of Tuscaloosa, his specialty has become more about leaning on the coaching of others and having an open checkbook.

I mean, I could, but you wouldn't know WTH I'm talking about, so I won't.

Fact of the matter is, Saban was incredibly fortunate to land at Alabama when he did. The school's resources and coming along right at the time when big $ opened a Pandora's box in college football made his legacy. Not saying Saban is a dummy, but look to his time with the Dolphins to balance out those Bama accolades...

In today’s game if you don’t have a QB you are not gunna be successful. 15-20 years ago u could get by with a spot starter hame manager and lean on elite defense. Now u better be putting up points
And Alabama's phylosophy CHANGED in the spand of 2 yrs on the offensive side of the ball. They were a ultimately a running team, now look at them, they are flinging the ball like it was never seen. Saban adjusted himself.

Advertisement
And Alabama's phylosophy CHANGED in the spand of 2 yrs on the offensive side of the ball. They were a ultimately a running team, now look at them, they are flinging the ball like it was never seen. Saban adjusted himself.
Saban saw desaun Watson single handidly beat him in a natty. Clemson could not block Bama that wholegame. The difference was 4. Since that very game Saban has adapted both offensively and on defense

Saban saw desaun Watson single handidly beat him in a natty. Clemson could not block Bama that wholegame. The difference was 4. Since that very game Saban has adapted both offensively and on defense

But the year before a transfer from FSU (Coker) beat Clemson. Alabama may chunk the ball around the yard more, but don't get it ******* e d up, it's still a pro-style offense at it's core.

But the year before a transfer from FSU (Coker) beat Clemson. Alabama may chunk the ball around the yard more, but don't get it ******* e d up, it's still a pro-style offense at it's core.
Wtf are u even talking about right now? Get your finger off the space button

Advertisement
Well, I can assuredly give you a list of reasons why Saban's teaching is overblown, and, despite the credit he gets for still to this day being involved in the secondary coaching at the Saban Plantation of Tuscaloosa, his specialty has become more about leaning on the coaching of others and having an open checkbook.

Fact of the matter is, Saban was incredibly fortunate to land at Alabama when he did. The school's resources and coming along right at the time when big $ opened a Pandora's box in college football made his legacy. Not saying Saban is a dummy, but look to his time with the Dolphins to balance out those Bama accolades...

The guy picked Daunte Culpepper over Drew Brees.......

You're talking about a guy who's won 7 NC's...his first one being at LSU.

Trying to discredit him is simply hating. It's silly.

His tenure at Miami is meaningless. They didn't give him what he wanted so he hauled ***. We'll never know what could've been.

Among the coaching world, from high school to the NFL, he's regarded as one of the most innovative defensive minds of all time. Talking pure schematics here.

Advertisement
Back