Former Saban DCs haven't figured out Offense

Bama board?.

That being said Saban is LATE on updating his offenses...and all of his assistants save Kirby go to sh*t or run of the mill programs where they have a ceiling.

Tenn and South Carolina arent real deal programs or have the recruiting cache to build what they need consistently.
Exactly. But ion blame em for taking those jobs cause $EC teams do open they wallets up. And I’d say Tenn is still a good job that can attract talent. Too me the problem with all those coaches, they can’t find a single QB. As a HC that would be my first line of order in today’s game. Pruitt recruited fairly well at Tenn but couldn’t hit on a QB. **** UGA with 5 star talent at every position was mediocre until JT got in there

Advertisement
If racist Kurby Dumb is your biggest success story, your coaching tree is pretty much barren. Saban may be an all-time college coach but he hoards his college football coaching success secrets, apparently.
Jimbo won a natty. Saban is the goat because no matter who walks through those doors as assistants there’s only one common factor, him. Remember for years ppl tried to give a bulk load of the credit to Kirby. Once he left all Saban did Is evolve. TBH the next step for Saban is to embrace the temp spread. If that happens 🤦🏾‍♂️

If racist Kurby Dumb is your biggest success story, your coaching tree is pretty much barren. Saban may be an all-time college coach but he hoards his college football coaching success secrets, apparently.
I don't think he hoards it--the far flung disciples are just too dumb to implement (including Fisher).

Being competive with Saban is not nearly as hard (given time) as his growing myth would lead the CFB masses to believe.

Advertisement
Jimbo won a natty. Saban is the goat because no matter who walks through those doors as assistants there’s only one common factor, him. Remember for years ppl tried to give a bulk load of the credit to Kirby. Once he left all Saban did Is evolve. TBH the next step for Saban is to embrace the temp spread. If that happens 🤦🏾‍♂️
Was the credit to Kirby from the pro Bama camp, the anti-Miami camp or the glugging Georgia camp?

Gets confusing and I can’t remember....

One of these days yall will realize this isn’t your daddy’s football and it’s an entirely offensive game now. One day.

Final four in the NFL:

GB (1st), TB (2nd), Buffalo (3rd), KC (5th) in PPG.

The top SEVEN (!!!!) defenses in PPG allowed.....what are they doing this weekend? Yup. Gone fishin’.

One of these days....

Advertisement
Advertisement
Is our HC a former Nick Saban DC?
What's the point? Somehow they have magic dust because they coached under Saban? They are subject to the same natural laws of coaching. You need good coaching and a good scheme, but you need the Jimmies and the Joes. Would a better WR room have helped us even if we had 1 Alabama-esk WR? It's retorical.

Lastly, I could care less of what former Alabama coaches do. I only care what UM coaches do which is why I made it a point to ask how have we done.

What's the point? Somehow they have magic dust because they coached under Saban? They are subject to the same natural laws of coaching. You need good coaching and a good scheme, but you need the Jimmies and the Joes. Would a better WR room have helped us even if we had 1 Alabama-esk WR? It's retorical.

Lastly, I could care less of what former Alabama coaches do. I only care what UM coaches do which is why I made it a point to ask how have we done.

Do you know the topic of this thread? Because that's literally what my comments were based towards.

Advertisement

Yea I’m not besmirching his cred as a college coach. How can I? How can anybody? But it’s bizarro-world opposite-day for his college coaching tree. It’s literally the exact opposite of what you would expect for maybe the most successful college coach of all time. You would expect at least a moderate level of success, but you literally have none.

There may be a reason for that, I know exactly what that may be, but I just don’t want to stir up that hornets nest right now. We have a lot of Alabama and Saban slurpers on this board.

Yea I’m not besmirching his cred as a college coach. How can I? How can anybody? But it’s bizarro-world opposite-day for his college coaching tree. It’s literally the exact opposite of what you would expect for maybe the most successful college coach of all time. You would expect at least a moderate level of success, but you literally have none.

There may be a reason for that, I know exactly what that may be, but I just don’t want to stir up that hornets nest right now. We have a lot of Alabama and Saban slurpers on this board.
U do have Kirby who has uga as a premier program 🤷🏾‍♂️. U have cristobal at Oregon.. Idk exactly what a successful should look like other then them guys getting a quality opportunity. Now what they do with it is up to them. Anyone duplicating what he’s done at Bama won’t happen

U do have Kirby who has uga as a premier program 🤷🏾‍♂️. U have cristobal at Oregon.. Idk exactly what a successful should look like other then them guys getting a quality opportunity. Now what they do with it is up to them. Anyone duplicating what he’s done at Bama won’t happen

My opinion is they are both significantly underperforming considering their recruiting, monetary, booster and fan support and facilities advantages. Look at their recruiting rankings, how much they money they put into their programs, etc. But they are both headed the way of Texas. Big money, no results.

My opinion is they are both significantly underperforming considering their recruiting, monetary, booster and fan support and facilities advantages. Look at their recruiting rankings, how much they money they put into their programs, etc. But they are both headed the way of Texas. Big money, no results.
Smart is 52-14, 3 SEC championships in a league with Saban/Alabama, and a narrow loss in the CFB in his first 5 years of head coaching....no coach has comes close to equaling that...

Advertisement
Back