Forgive my lack of football knowledge….

Advertisement
One of the worst calls and non-overturned reviews I’ve personally ever seen. No hyperbole. Clear as day from multiple angles. The strip motion and ball coming loose don’t even occur until his shoulder is down as well.
shoulder and head

Was a little surprised the fans didn't throw more trash on the field after the call.

We’ve always had to be way better than the refs.
If the game is close they have always fcked us.
I am still absolutely furious at these refs but they will never be held accountable.

But you are right. Can't let the refs beat you...Everyone associated with Miami, coaches, players, fans, etc., should know...do not give them the opportunity.

Guys and gals. I’m really new at this American football thing. Can someone please explain what down by contact is?
View attachment 260811
****, I was trying to move past this and you had to drag me back in by posting this pic. This is really infuriating, but I also agree that the black jerseys made it more difficult to see the ball on video.

Advertisement
I am still absolutely furious at these refs but they will never be held accountable.

But you are right. Can't let the refs beat you...Everyone associated with Miami, coaches, players, fans, etc., should know...do not give them the opportunity.
Happened with Notre Dame and osu.
They will pull out that flag and not gaf.

Advertisement
Ok and? Idc about the refs when we screwed up on our own. You wanna blame refs and talk about refs, sure go ahead. That just loser talk.
You're talking as if people are blaming the refs as the reason we lost. That's not the question. In fact, some tried to separate it into two different issues.

The question is one of fairness being triggered by the accumulated frustration of one-sided, egregious officiating that has resulted in numerous losses over the years. It's already costed us two national championships. Further, it's reaching breaking point where the officials are not even trying to be subtle. In fact, replay reviews are performed in collaboration with the ACC.

"The ACC also has enhanced and upgraded the technology available to its football officials during games. For all ACC-officiated games this season, the referee will now be equipped with a tablet during replay reviews, which will allow for more active participation in the instant replay process. With complete access to the instant replay video, the referee can better administer the review with the assistance of the replay official and replay communicator in the stadium and the collaborative instant replay staff in Greensboro."​
The above was excerpted from the following:
acc announces enhancements within football officiating [BGCOLOR=initial]program.[/BGCOLOR]​
JJ saw it firsthand, and we all know his response was to take the game out of the refs' hands. That doesn't mean we shouldn't call it out when it's so obvious.

Let's face it, it is what it is. The ACC will never give us a fair shake. That's why I can't I find it hard to believe Rad when he says publicly, "We're happy in the ACC" (paraphrase).

Advertisement

True about not allowing refs beat your team.
However, on any given Saturday a bad team can beat a better team.
FSU which is highly-regarded this season, barely escaped the game at BC.
What do you think would have happened if they got the same treatment as we did?
Mysterious penalties against our offense after a big gain for "excessive" blocking, phantom
holding on a TD run and penalties against our defense extending GT's drives.
How would fsu fared against those calls against a poor BC squad?
Especially now that the games have been shortened this year?
It's cute to say not to allow the refs beat you, but that's just nothing but coach-speak.

Last edited:
Advertisement
correct. The officiating and the horrendous play call or 2 separate issues that should be under 2 separate microscopes. No need to lump the 2 together like some are doing.

The playcall was terrible and should have been a knee.

The officiating was terrible throughout the game and the replay should have done it's job and overturned it.

Both are wrong and deserved to be called out as such.

Imagine you are in a situation where you could win a million dollars if you ran down a hallway 20 yards long. However that hallway is filled with angry-sounding, vibrating dildoes on both walls. There are only two conditions to win the million dollars.

1. You have to run with your eyes completely closed to the end of the hallway.
2. If you open your eyes before reaching the end of the hallway, you are going to get f##ked in the a$$ by a random assortment of dildoes.

Now let's say you take off running, and just before you reach the end of the hallway, your curiosity gets the better of you, and you open your eyes and look around.

That would be close to the equivalent of Cristobal giving the refs one last chance to f##k us in the a$$, by choosing to run the ball instead of kneeling and ending the game.

If you are being honest, you kinda brought the anal trauma upon yourself.

The ACC has always been stupid. I remember when the big 8 gave their ranked teams extra downs and favorable calls. One of the worse officiated games I recall was before we won any NCs and played Texas at Texas, the Texas conference officials screwed us so bad but it didn't matter as we were not significant then. The ACC has screwed their high ranked teams often. I can remember several times where a highly ranked team has been screwed by bogus calls where the ACC lost tons of revenue by their obvious stupidity. Miami was attractive to the ACC for their obvious national draw yet they hamper us at every turn. Other conferences recognize the value of attractiveness and ranking, but NOT the ACC, unfortunately when we were in the Big East they were just as ignorant. Imagine where we would be ranked and what a draw our NC game this week would be. We'd have Game Day there but NOOO, the ACC officials stupidly made a horrible call. No wonder the ACC has such a crappy TV deal, they can't see the value of ranking. If anyone thinks this could happen to Bama, Georgia or ND where THEIR officials are officiating the game, I have a bridge I'd like to sell you!

Good thing we have instant replay review to make sure the refs get these calls right.

🤮
It doesn’t stop preordained preferences. ACC refs favor the original core members per a study a few years ago, even at the expense of the conference getting a NC championship bearth. The ACC is the only conference with this issue.

The ACC has always been stupid. I remember when the big 8 gave their ranked teams extra downs and favorable calls. One of the worse officiated games I recall was before we won any NCs and played Texas at Texas, the Texas conference officials screwed us so bad but it didn't matter as we were not significant then. The ACC has screwed their high ranked teams often. I can remember several times where a highly ranked team has been screwed by bogus calls where the ACC lost tons of revenue by their obvious stupidity. Miami was attractive to the ACC for their obvious national draw yet they hamper us at every turn. Other conferences recognize the value of attractiveness and ranking, but NOT the ACC, unfortunately when we were in the Big East they were just as ignorant. Imagine where we would be ranked and what a draw our NC game this week would be. We'd have Game Day there but NOOO, the ACC officials stupidly made a horrible call. No wonder the ACC has such a crappy TV deal, they can't see the value of ranking. If anyone thinks this could happen to Bama, Georgia or ND where THEIR officials are officiating the game, I have a bridge I'd like to sell you!
Agreed.

If the ACC refs worked the Big 12, they would be hellbent on officiating to ensure both Oklahoma and Texas had 2 losses by the end of the season.

Advertisement
Back