For the Rational posters..

Some of you might benefit from reading the PSU boards. If only to remind yourselves what a demoralizing (& ultimately disappointing) exercise a coaching search can be. I'm actually enjoying it......I hate Penn state and I'm relieved to be spared the drama and disappointment. btw.....we were going to end up with Cristobal. Wo you all wished would DIAF after he bolted last time. Seriously peeps....Get. A. Grip.

Advertisement
Some of you might benefit from reading the PSU boards. If only to remind yourselves what a demoralizing (& ultimately disappointing) exercise a coaching search can be. I'm actually enjoying it......I hate Penn state and I'm relieved to be spared the drama and disappointment. btw.....we were going to end up with Cristobal. Wo you all wished would DIAF after he bolted last time. Seriously peeps....Get. A. Grip.

Yeah. We wouldn't realize what a coaching search would be like. Not like we have had 5 different coaches in the last 20 years or anything.

We got beat by every good team on the schedule. Forget about 9 and 4.
It's not only that we got beat but how we got beat.
We looked like crap and played like crap.
I was embarrassed to be a Cane fan in public.

Just watch some video and if you disagree you don't know what good football looks like and your fooling yourselves.
We need major changes and not just the roster.
This isn't 2001 anymore. We don't have a team that doesn't need a coach.

If being 9 and 4 by beating cup cakes for the entertainment of the student body is your idea of football. Well, you've got it.

thank god for Al Golden still being employed at the university of miami. Regardless of how it came to be about. IDGAF if you're butthurt about coach D still being here. It's a long offseason and none of the posters on here know **** about what might happen to the staff until then. Our canes have been absolute garbage for 10 years and now that we are finally respectable again (albeit definitely a disastrous finish) with another stacked class coming in and graduating a bunch of sub par seniors who were taking up snaps..Things are looking up for once

It hasn't been perfect but we've improved every year. Until we see the team digress (keep in mind the talent is getting head and shoulders better) whats the freaking issue? Why is Al golden suddenly the worst coach to ever live when everyone was on his jock earlier this year? more importantly why did almost everyone on this board project the team to win 8 or 9 games and when we do win 9 games its a complete embarrassment and the whole staff needs to be fired?.

Losing Al would have done so much damage to our program, both with recruiting and our current players now who are all so invested in him. It would have easily put us back another two years.

I know this will soon turn into an al golden bashing thread live every other thread. however I would hope that the mods take back control of the site sometime soon. It went from a nice place to talk about hurricane football to a "fan" ****fest. The funny part is all of these "fans" were content just a week or two ago..

OP...you have got to be the biggest Golden slurper I have seen on this site...EVER. Just wait until 2018, when we'll finally have enough classes under AG and No'D to allow only 350 to 400 yards per game and get blown out in only half of our big games. Oh, wait...I forgot...the players will still be "missing assignments" and the "cloud" will only have been gone for 5 years. The kids will still be having to "trust the process."

If we get lucky and he ONLY shyts the bed for two more years and gets fired, he'll have only used up the eligibility of Duke, Tracy, Bush, McCord, Waters, etc.

No big deal. I'm sure kids will be knocking down the door of the next head coach after this third consecutive disaster of a hire.

just because i'm not calling for the guys head doesn't mean i'm a slurper, i'm just being realistic. I agree with the board that he needs to give up responsibility of the defense to a legitimate coordinator. But everything else is getting out of hand. He's gotten better every year and hasn't had the chance to graduate a recruiting class.

Petrino, Butch, and Franklin never would have happened. They were pipe dreams. We would have ended up with Chud or Cristobal and went back into another Randy Shannon-esque era.

I know most of you golden haters are professional college football analysts and all, but have you ever wondered why Penn State would want him so bad if he was as terrible as all the posters on here believe he is?

Last edited:
Some of us are willing to give him more time, at least until his first real recruiting class are seniors. Not the class that he scrambled to put together after the disaster that is the previous head coach, but his first real recruiting class. If that's now considered a "slurper", whatever.

Advertisement
In what way have we improved every year? Because we won 2 more games in a season where we played a super soft schedule? Put this team on the field last year and we do worse.

Defense? Because slightly better than the 100th ranked defense against a bunch of teams with crap offense is good?

Offense? We went from being exited from what our offense showed on the field last year to confused at how bad our offense looked this year. Our offense had some bad stretches last year, but there was always hope that they would pull it together and they usually did only to be let down by the defense. This year it was like a bad marriage to see who could look worse to spite the other.

Player development? What have we shown to show that our players are better than when they got here. Duke is now what he was last year talent wise, but bigger and slower. Tracy didn't look a whole lot different. Chick is getting worse. The only guy who has improved from day 1 might be Perryman.

http://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/ranking/strength-of-schedule-by-team

Yeah, why don't you actually look at the statistics on SOS instead of repeating the same braindead lies you've been told. Our SOS was higher this year than the previous two.

No lies man. Just go look at the schedules for what they were. How about you take Louisville out of the equation since we didn't have a bowl game last year where we could have faced some team that probably would have whooped our *** then too. Louisville is the only reason we have a boost in SOS in those rankings.

Non Conf: 2012 We had K ST (BCS bowl), ND (National Championship game), Bethune Cookman, and South Florida.
2013: UF (LMAO, better than their record, but not that great of a team), FAU, Sav St and South Florida.

Advantage 2012 by a lot

Conf: Honestly this one is just a wash. Virginia was a little better in 2012. VT and GT about the same. BC and NC ST is about the same as WF and Pitt. Duke is much better this year, but UNC was much better last year. That leaves FSU who is obviously better, but guess what, they beat our *** both years.

2013 slightly takes it because of FSU, but we still lose to them either way and they were still good last year.

The only thing that brings 2013 in line with 2012 is Louisville and we don't know who we would have played last year in the bowl and we would have played FSU in the ACCCG so if not for postseason bans, last year would have been much stronger.

thank god for Al Golden still being employed at the university of miami. Regardless of how it came to be about. IDGAF if you're butthurt about coach D still being here. It's a long offseason and none of the posters on here know **** about what might happen to the staff until then. Our canes have been absolute garbage for 10 years and now that we are finally respectable again (albeit definitely a disastrous finish) with another stacked class coming in and graduating a bunch of sub par seniors who were taking up snaps..Things are looking up for once

It hasn't been perfect but we've improved every year. Until we see the team digress (keep in mind the talent is getting head and shoulders better) whats the freaking issue? Why is Al golden suddenly the worst coach to ever live when everyone was on his jock earlier this year? more importantly why did almost everyone on this board project the team to win 8 or 9 games and when we do win 9 games its a complete embarrassment and the whole staff needs to be fired?.

Losing Al would have done so much damage to our program, both with recruiting and our current players now who are all so invested in him. It would have easily put us back another two years.

I know this will soon turn into an al golden bashing thread live every other thread. however I would hope that the mods take back control of the site sometime soon. It went from a nice place to talk about hurricane football to a "fan" ****fest. The funny part is all of these "fans" were content just a week or two ago..

OP...you have got to be the biggest Golden slurper I have seen on this site...EVER. Just wait until 2018, when we'll finally have enough classes under AG and No'D to allow only 350 to 400 yards per game and get blown out in only half of our big games. Oh, wait...I forgot...the players will still be "missing assignments" and the "cloud" will only have been gone for 5 years. The kids will still be having to "trust the process."

If we get lucky and he ONLY shyts the bed for two more years and gets fired, he'll have only used up the eligibility of Duke, Tracy, Bush, McCord, Waters, etc.

No big deal. I'm sure kids will be knocking down the door of the next head coach after this third consecutive disaster of a hire.

just because i'm not calling for the guys head doesn't mean i'm a slurper, i'm just being realistic. I agree with the board that he needs to give up responsibility of the defense to a legitimate coordinator. But everything else is getting out of hand. He's gotten better every year and hasn't had the chance to graduate a recruiting class.

Petrino, Butch, and Franklin never would have happened. They were pipe dreams. We would have ended up with Chud or Cristobal and went back into another Randy Shannon-esque era.

I know most of you golden haters are professional college football analysts and all, but have you ever wondered why Penn State would want him so bad if he was as terrible as all the posters on here believe he is?

Why wouldn't we have gotten a highly skilled football coach with a stellar resume? Until we started having to deal with multiple buyouts (due to hiring poor coaches), we exclusively hired guys exactly like Petrino, Butch, and Schiano. The outliers in the winning formula are actually Golden/Shannon/Coker. But hey let's ignore history!

Some of us are willing to give him more time, at least until his first real recruiting class are seniors. Not the class that he scrambled to put together after the disaster that is the previous head coach, but his first real recruiting class. If that's now considered a "slurper", whatever.

We never got to see Randy's first recruiting class as seniors under Randy either. Your point is only valid in this case if you believe Randy gets the same opportunity.

Advertisement
Just saying, those that wanted Coker back in '06, and those that wanted to "give Shannon a chance" in 2010 were calling themselves the "Rational" posters.

It may not mean what you think. :)
As Joe said, "rational" must be Swahili for moron because no rational person looks at the same trends happening with coach #3 and expects different results.

FWIW, OP: teams REGRESS and not DIGRESS, you ****ing troglodyte.
Did Shannon have a monster class lined up when he was fired?

We never got to see Randy's first recruiting class as seniors under Randy either. Your point is only valid in this case if you believe Randy gets the same opportunity.

Come on. There is a difference between the two situations. Shannon was a huge part of the previous staff and was fully involved in the team's recruiting before his promotion. Golden inherited a mess when his predecessor intentionally sabotaged the recruiting class before he was fired, and then dealt with defections of Shannon's recruits.

You know, some of the posters here thought Butch Davis and Rick Petrino were actually going to be hired. Do they not realize that the admin would have ****ed it up again and hired some third-rate such as Benedict Cristobal or the Tulane coach who would have done even more damage to the program?

Does it make Al some sort of coaching deity? No, I just realized that the guy we would have hired would have been worse and our fantasy coaches would never come.

Rick Petrino?

The Admin would have never hired him - haven't the last ten years told you about the hires we've made?

We all know you meant Bobby Petrino. nystateofmind is just nitpicking your argument by letting you know you got the name wrong because you made too much sense for him to go against anything else you typed

Petrino wouldn't have been hired. Butch would've had a good shot. Instead we're stuck with the clueless one.

havent you all learned...we have BOT and athletic admin staff in here...speculation, assumption, and guesses. Very few posters here actually have very good 'inside info"...I doubt nyc is employed in any capacity at uM and therefore is FOS

I know this will soon turn into an al golden bashing thread live every other thread. however I would hope that the mods take back control of the site sometime soon. It went from a nice place to talk about hurricane football to a "fan" *****fest. The funny part is all of these "fans" were content just a week or two ago..

Al Golden is 1-12 vs teams with 8+ wins.

Al Golden gets out coached on a consistent basis.

Al Golden gets out recruited on a consistent basis.

Al Golden is 49-49 as a CEO.

Al Golden is 0-2 in bowl games.

Al Golden has never won more than 9 games as a CEO.

Miami football can't even compete with Duke and VaTech in the Coastal Div of the ACC.

What is Golden great at? Excuses, public relations, schmoozing, getting unjust raises and extensions, swindling, beating FCS teams

What is Golden ok at? Recruiting, football camps, junior days, BBQs, social media

What is Golden bad at? Coaching, evaluating player/coach talent, player/coach development, S FL recruiting, dressing, winning

If you're content with 6-9 wins a year and December bowl games, I guess Golden is the guy for you.

We (admin/fans), have been settling for mediocrity way too fuggin long. Al Golden just isn't a good enough CEO for Miami football.

L u l z @ Miami football being respectable. We're irrelevant and it's been that way for a decade. It's been 8 years since we've won a bowl game and 10 years since we've played/won a game in January.

Having a legit coach, not a corch, is more important than any recruit or potential recruit. Golden is a corch and we're going nowhere with him as our CEO.

Advertisement

Miami football can't even compete with Duke and VaTech in the Coastal Div of the ACC.

What is Golden great at? Excuses, public relations, schmoozing, getting unjust raises and extensions, swindling, beating FCS teams

What is Golden ok at? Recruiting, football camps, junior days, BBQs, social media

What is Golden bad at? Coaching, evaluating player/coach talent, player/coach development, S FL recruiting, dressing, winning

If you're content with 6-9 wins a year and December bowl games, I guess Golden is the guy for you.

We (admin/fans), have been settling for mediocrity way too fuggin long. Al Golden just isn't a good enough CEO for Miami football.

L u l z @ Miami football being respectable. We're irrelevant and it's been that way for a decade. It's been 8 years since we've won a bowl game and 10 years since we've played/won a game in January.

Having a legit coach, not a corch, is more important than any recruit or potential recruit. Golden is a corch and we're going nowhere with him as our CEO.
Al is actually 3-12 vs. teams with 8+ wins...if you consider Bethune-Cookman (FCS) in 2011 and 12. What I found interesting is Al is 10-12 vs. teams with 7+ wins (he's 7-0 against teams with exactly 7 wins).

Al is actually 3-12 vs. teams with 8+ wins...if you consider Bethune-Cookman (FCS) in 2011 and 12. What I found interesting is Al is 10-12 vs. teams with 7+ wins (he's 7-0 against teams with exactly 7 wins).
85.gif

Advertisement

This should be a sticky. No other major program would tolerate the absolutel cesspool that our program was allowed to become.

Thank god for Al Golden. LMFAO.

Thank god for Al Golden. LMFAO.
Again youre finding posts from directly after our best year in ten years.. Why would I not be happy he was our coach at that time? Did I give up on him ? Yes but I'm reasonable. We had a solid season following a **** show few years before that... 6 wins 7 wins. It was improving every year. Hindsight is different and it went it **** the next year

But don't pretend to know **** when you're quoting **** from three seasons ago
Get off my ****

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back