For the Rational posters..

I had been irrational throughout the day but Ive calmed down enough to put together some rational thoughts.
I wasn't sold on Golden before the season, before the bowl loss, after the loss, or after this PSU episode. I would like to see Golden make the tough decisions it takes to succeed on the national level. Paul Johnson fired Al Groh in the middle of the season to salvage his defense. Nigel Bethel said he wanted to see an aggressive scheme and the coaches essentially said it would get more aggressive when they got better players from this recruiting class. If I'm a current player on the defense I would feel slighted because every week we lose our DC says we lost because of our mental errors and our defensive coordinator never takes the blame off of us by saying I should have come in with a different gameplan or I didn't do enough to put our player in position to win the game. I'm a true fan I wouldn't care if Golden stays or goes. I just want the team to win some ACC championships and some BCS and national title games. I don't think Dabo Swinney is a better coach than Golden but I think he was smart enough to hire Chad Morris and that turned them from an average team to 2 BCS bowls and beating LSU last year in the Chick-Fil-A bowl.

Advertisement
Would have loved to see this guy in hurricane colors

106.jpg

I predicted 10-2! After the 7-0 start, the 9-3 was a terrible finish! Sorry dude I get that we improved, but that's because if an easier schedule. We lost to a VT that we beat last year and we were supposed to be better this year. You never ever lose to Duke in football under no circumstances- oh but that happened. Can't defend mediocre performance!

I predicted a peak of 9 wins as long as Stephen Morris was the QB. As long as Ryan Williams or Olsen can actually throw receivers up the middle and better manage games, it is not going to be the **** some are predicting. It's a QB game, and if we get better quarterback play, we'll be better by default.

I predicted 10-2! After the 7-0 start, the 9-3 was a terrible finish! Sorry dude I get that we improved, but that's because if an easier schedule. We lost to a VT that we beat last year and we were supposed to be better this year. You never ever lose to Duke in football under no circumstances- oh but that happened. Can't defend mediocre performance!

I predicted a peak of 9 wins as long as Stephen Morris was the QB. As long as Ryan Williams or Olsen can actually throw receivers up the middle and better manage games, it is not going to be the **** some are predicting. It's a QB game, and if we get better quarterback play, we'll be better by default.

No reason or valid excuse as to why we didn't finish 11-1 and in the ACC championship game. We then would have been 11-2 and in the Orange Bowl. But again they lost two inexcusable games. Whoever the QB is, they are going to have a lot of talent around them all they have to do is get the ball to them and not turn it over. The line protects and the QB delivers- we will be solid!

Basically if EVERYONE does their job. We won't have problems! Coaches prepare the team each week and Coley does a better job of mixing up plays and calling a good game, Duke does his amazing things, QB does his job and the defense does theirs we will win every game. The FSU game will require us to be downright studs- but hey, that's what being a Cane is about. No reason they don't go 11-1 next season

In what way have we improved every year? Because we won 2 more games in a season where we played a super soft schedule? Put this team on the field last year and we do worse.

Defense? Because slightly better than the 100th ranked defense against a bunch of teams with crap offense is good?

Offense? We went from being exited from what our offense showed on the field last year to confused at how bad our offense looked this year. Our offense had some bad stretches last year, but there was always hope that they would pull it together and they usually did only to be let down by the defense. This year it was like a bad marriage to see who could look worse to spite the other.

Player development? What have we shown to show that our players are better than when they got here. Duke is now what he was last year talent wise, but bigger and slower. Tracy didn't look a whole lot different. Chick is getting worse. The only guy who has improved from day 1 might be Perryman.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I wonder how many of the posters here who are calling for Golden to be fired and Davis to be hired are the same guys who helped fly a "fire butch Davis banner" back in the 90's and a "thank you coach Golden" banner in October?

From what I read, it's the same crew of blowhard types that did both.

October: fly banner to thank coach golden.
November and on: fire coach golden!!

Smh.

In what way have we improved every year? Because we won 2 more games in a season where we played a super soft schedule? Put this team on the field last year and we do worse.

Defense? Because slightly better than the 100th ranked defense against a bunch of teams with crap offense is good?

Offense? We went from being exited from what our offense showed on the field last year to confused at how bad our offense looked this year. Our offense had some bad stretches last year, but there was always hope that they would pull it together and they usually did only to be let down by the defense. This year it was like a bad marriage to see who could look worse to spite the other.

Player development? What have we shown to show that our players are better than when they got here. Duke is now what he was last year talent wise, but bigger and slower. Tracy didn't look a whole lot different. Chick is getting worse. The only guy who has improved from day 1 might be Perryman.

http://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/ranking/strength-of-schedule-by-team

Yeah, why don't you actually look at the statistics on SOS instead of repeating the same braindead lies you've been told. Our SOS was higher this year than the previous two.

Advertisement

http://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/ranking/strength-of-schedule-by-team

Yeah, why don't you actually look at the statistics on SOS instead of repeating the same braindead lies you've been told. Our SOS was higher this year than the previous two.

Do you believe that? Notre Dame national title team replaced by 4 win UF, K st BCS team replaced by FAU, USF was worst and Sv St, nuff said. The rest of the teams were much the same overall, some were better some were worst

Do you believe that? Notre Dame national title team replaced by 4 win UF, K st BCS team replaced by FAU, USF was worst and Sv St, nuff said. The rest of the teams were much the same overall, some were better some were worst

I mean its from a reputable and unbiased source - its raw data which is always better than mere opinion. But the point was that our SOS the last three years hasn't been that extreme, its only to counter lies with truths, if you will.

Advertisement
I wonder how many of the posters here who are calling for Golden to be fired and Davis to be hired are the same guys who helped fly a "fire butch Davis banner" back in the 90's and a "thank you coach Golden" banner in October?

From what I read, it's the same crew of blowhard types that did both.

October: fly banner to thank coach golden.
November and on: fire coach golden!!

Smh.
I'll tell you what ******, when Golden recruits like Butch did and develops his players and puts them in a position to win I will agree with you. Otherwise keep sucking Golden's ****

Just saying, those that wanted Coker back in '06, and those that wanted to "give Shannon a chance" in 2010 were calling themselves the "Rational" posters.

It may not mean what you think. :)
As Joe said, "rational" must be Swahili for moron because no rational person looks at the same trends happening with coach #3 and expects different results.

FWIW, OP: teams REGRESS and not DIGRESS, you ****ing troglodyte.

ROFLMFAO...hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. That was brilliant.

thank god for Al Golden still being employed at the university of miami. Regardless of how it came to be about. IDGAF if you're butthurt about coach D still being here. It's a long offseason and none of the posters on here know **** about what might happen to the staff until then. Our canes have been absolute garbage for 10 years and now that we are finally respectable again (albeit definitely a disastrous finish) with another stacked class coming in and graduating a bunch of sub par seniors who were taking up snaps..Things are looking up for once

It hasn't been perfect but we've improved every year. Until we see the team digress (keep in mind the talent is getting head and shoulders better) whats the freaking issue? Why is Al golden suddenly the worst coach to ever live when everyone was on his jock earlier this year? more importantly why did almost everyone on this board project the team to win 8 or 9 games and when we do win 9 games its a complete embarrassment and the whole staff needs to be fired?.

Losing Al would have done so much damage to our program, both with recruiting and our current players now who are all so invested in him. It would have easily put us back another two years.

I know this will soon turn into an al golden bashing thread live every other thread. however I would hope that the mods take back control of the site sometime soon. It went from a nice place to talk about hurricane football to a "fan" ****fest. The funny part is all of these "fans" were content just a week or two ago..

OP...you have got to be the biggest Golden slurper I have seen on this site...EVER. Just wait until 2018, when we'll finally have enough classes under AG and No'D to allow only 350 to 400 yards per game and get blown out in only half of our big games. Oh, wait...I forgot...the players will still be "missing assignments" and the "cloud" will only have been gone for 5 years. The kids will still be having to "trust the process."

If we get lucky and he ONLY shyts the bed for two more years and gets fired, he'll have only used up the eligibility of Duke, Tracy, Bush, McCord, Waters, etc.

No big deal. I'm sure kids will be knocking down the door of the next head coach after this third consecutive disaster of a hire.

Advertisement
I haven't been on here in months, and can honestly say I don't miss reading you whiney ******* ***** ***** about our coaching staff. Grow the **** up and have a little faith! How many years has dabo Sweeney and Jimbo **** the bed when playing the big game that puts their team in the driver seat?

Just shut the **** up already, and be a fan for once. WIthout the looming fear of sanctions or coaching changes.....maybe, just maybe we can concentrate on the X's and O's, and less about your fantasy coaching staff.

All I gotta say is wait until the program gets back to 10-12 wins a year and everyone on this board will go back to being Golden's **** riders.

All I gotta say is wait until the program gets back to 10-12 wins a year and everyone on this board will go back to being Golden's **** riders.

Same tired **** that gets regurgitated every year. Just like the "Hey, don't worry if we didn't get Cook, Dixon, Rudolph...next year we'll get SBB, Ridley, JJ" bullshyt line. I, like many on here, supported AG the first 3 years that he's been here. But the proof is in the pudding. 10 years of HORRIBLE coaching, and so called "fans" like you still can't identify the symptoms of a CORCH.

Advertisement
Back