For the Rational posters..

407cane

All-ACC
thank god for Al Golden still being employed at the university of miami. Regardless of how it came to be about. IDGAF if you're butthurt about coach D still being here. It's a long offseason and none of the posters on here know **** about what might happen to the staff until then. Our canes have been absolute garbage for 10 years and now that we are finally respectable again (albeit definitely a disastrous finish) with another stacked class coming in and graduating a bunch of sub par seniors who were taking up snaps..Things are looking up for once

It hasn't been perfect but we've improved every year. Until we see the team digress (keep in mind the talent is getting head and shoulders better) whats the freaking issue? Why is Al golden suddenly the worst coach to ever live when everyone was on his jock earlier this year? more importantly why did almost everyone on this board project the team to win 8 or 9 games and when we do win 9 games its a complete embarrassment and the whole staff needs to be fired?.

Losing Al would have done so much damage to our program, both with recruiting and our current players now who are all so invested in him. It would have easily put us back another two years.

I know this will soon turn into an al golden bashing thread live every other thread. however I would hope that the mods take back control of the site sometime soon. It went from a nice place to talk about hurricane football to a "fan" *****fest. The funny part is all of these "fans" were content just a week or two ago..

Advertisement
Advertisement
You know, some of the posters here thought Butch Davis and Rick Petrino were actually going to be hired. Do they not realize that the admin would have ****ed it up again and hired some third-rate such as Benedict Cristobal or the Tulane coach who would have done even more damage to the program?

Does it make Al some sort of coaching deity? No, I just realized that the guy we would have hired would have been worse and our fantasy coaches would never have been hired.

You know, some of the posters here thought Butch Davis and Rick Petrino were actually going to be hired. Do they not realize that the admin would have ****ed it up again and hired some third-rate such as Benedict Cristobal or the Tulane coach who would have done even more damage to the program?

Does it make Al some sort of coaching deity? No, I just realized that the guy we would have hired would have been worse and our fantasy coaches would never come.

Rick Petrino?

Does it make Al some sort of coaching deity? No, I just realized that the guy we would have hired would have been worse and our fantasy coaches would never come.

Rick Petrino?

The Admin would have never hired him - haven't the last ten years told you about the hires we've made?

Advertisement
Just saying, those that wanted Coker back in '06, and those that wanted to "give Shannon a chance" in 2010 were calling themselves the "Rational" posters.

It may not mean what you think. :)

Rick Petrino?

The Admin would have never hired him - haven't the last ten years told you about the hires we've made?

We all know you meant Bobby Petrino. nystateofmind is just nitpicking your argument by letting you know you got the name wrong because you made too much sense for him to go against anything else you typed

Rick Petrino?

Who is this Rick Petrino you speak of?

Advertisement

Rick Petrino?

We all know you meant Bobby Petrino. nystateofmind is just nitpicking your argument by letting you know you got the name wrong because you made too much sense for him to go against anything else you typed

Petrino wouldn't have been hired. Butch would've had a good shot. Instead we're stuck with the clueless one.

Just saying, those that wanted Coker back in '06, and those that wanted to "give Shannon a chance" in 2010 were calling themselves the "Rational" posters.

As Joe said, "rational" must be Swahili for moron because no rational person looks at the same trends happening with coach #3 and expects different results.

FWIW, OP: teams REGRESS and not DIGRESS, you ******* troglodyte.

Advertisement

agreed 100% but Shannons teams got worse. until Al has our team go in the opposite direction he has my support.

Last edited:

Bobby Petrino?

Petrino wouldn't have been hired. Butch would've had a good shot. Instead we're stuck with the clueless one.

If it were up to me, I would have canned Al and his buddy and brought back Butch. But people like us aren't making these types of decisions - and do you really want the people who hired Al to try to one up their repeated failures?

I predicted 10-2! After the 7-0 start, the 9-3 was a terrible finish! Sorry dude I get that we improved, but that's because if an easier schedule. We lost to a VT that we beat last year and we were supposed to be better this year. You never ever lose to Duke in football under no circumstances- oh but that happened. Can't defend mediocre performance!

As Joe said, "rational" must be Swahili for moron because no rational person looks at the same trends happening with coach #3 and expects different results.

FWIW, OP: teams REGRESS and not DIGRESS, you ****ing troglodyte.

digress (daɪˈɡrɛs)
vb (intr)
1. to depart from the main subject in speech or writing
2. to wander from one's path or main direction

Under the impression that our "path" or "main direction" means winning more games every year, I would suggest that "digress" fits perfectly into the sentence you ******* moron

Advertisement
Back