For the fire Blake James Crowd

Advertisement
What makes Blake James a bad AD in some of your eyes? We have a president who doesn’t give a **** about football and offers him no support essentially telling him he is on his own, a disorganized and dis-unified board of trustees that micromanaged and forced the Manny Diaz hire, and he’s given half the budget top ten programs are given but expected to hire a top ten coach, he does not have nearly the financial booster support that massive state SEC schools have. I’m not saying he’s great AD but what is he supposed to do? It seems like any AD no many how good they are is gonna be limited. It seems to me the root of the problem is the school itself and the board of trustees. That needs to be fixed before you fix AD position and the Head coach position. Although hiring a Mario Cristobal would make a lot of those issues fade into the background
HI Blake, thanks for the question. I think all you have to do is look at the major sports that you - I mean Blake has overseen since his nightmare tour began. Football has become a mid tier ACC Coastal team at best, Basketball has fizzled out and I think Baseball as well ( i pay no attention to that).

What makes Blake James a bad AD in some of your eyes? We have a president who doesn’t give a **** about football and offers him no support essentially telling him he is on his own, a disorganized and dis-unified board of trustees that micromanaged and forced the Manny Diaz hire, and he’s given half the budget top ten programs are given but expected to hire a top ten coach, he does not have nearly the financial booster support that massive state SEC schools have. I’m not saying he’s great AD but what is he supposed to do? It seems like any AD no many how good they are is gonna be limited. It seems to me the root of the problem is the school itself and the board of trustees. That needs to be fixed before you fix AD position and the Head coach position. Although hiring a Mario Cristobal would make a lot of those issues fade into the background
He is a poor AD because he is inexperienced in athletic areas and HE HIRED Manny Diaz .. without ANY semblance of a search .. in spite of the fact that other experienced head coaches and coaching candidates had expressed interest. HE is the AD .. and HE is the one responsible for setting the goals and objectives of the ATHLETIC department .. not the president or BOT. The AD establishes the goals, DEFINES the financial requirements and makes professional presentations to the BOT and President to obtain funds to execute HIS PLAN. So .. it does appear as though Blake James HAS NO PLAN .. is running the athletic department by the seat of his pants, keeps out of everyone's way, and simply focuses on fund raising. It is not the presidents fault that Blake James is a weak athletic director.

Advertisement
Stay off the board Jen Strawley

Seems like the problem with Blake, at least from your commentary, is that he let others dictate his decision(s). If you're hired to be the AD, you're being paid to conduct thorough coaching searches and choose the best option. If the Diaz choice was forced on him, then he's basically just a go get money for us guy and not trusted to make big decisions. Beyond that he didn't even have the balls (if he disagreed) to say go pound sand - this is a bad hire and I'm not signing off on Manny. How long did it take for this clown to roll over. I don't want someone that's spineless making decisions on the next hire. Let him sell tickets.

Blake, you really mean this?

Advertisement
This is all you need to know....

"Blake James has proven that he has the experience, skills, leadership and especially the love for the university that we need in athletics," Miami president Donna Shalala said in a statement.

Despite the laughable portion in quotes, that isn't what I am drawing your attention to.....

This is all you need to know....

"Blake James has proven that he has the experience, skills, leadership and especially the love for the university that we need in athletics," Miami president Donna Shalala said in a statement.

Despite the laughable portion in quotes, that isn't what I am drawing your attention to.....
Is this something recent that she said?

Advertisement
What makes Blake James a bad AD in some of your eyes?

It's not just my eyes.
Because the football program on his 12-hour hire is just cooking.

Because the men's basketball has a 4th consecutive losing season trajectory. Outrebounded 18 to 2 on the offensive boards, by, wait for it, Nova Southeastern. Larranaga cannot recruit a player over 6'7" who weighs more than 200 pounds. He has run out of excuses. FBI cloud is 4 years old. Injuries are an even bigger excuse. He cannot fill his roster with 13 scholarship players. Brooks transferred out. His point guard Smurf transferred to Arkansas. Cross transferred and seems to be fitting in nicely at Louisville. And Louisville was under the same FBI cloud and got nailed.

The baseball team was preseason #6 last season. Beat Florida in Gainesville and then subsequently batted just above the Mendoza line and **** the bed in the ACC tournament and in the regionals. Toral slumped and has transferred to of all places Florida State. Six other kids transferred out.

Women's soccer is an embarrassment.

Women's volleyball is playing very well, finally. They've missed the NCAA tournament since 2017.

Katie's team missed the tournament the last year. And covid saved a no tournament selection in 19-20.

Oh yes, James is top rate...lol.

Advertisement

Because the men's basketball has a 4th consecutive losing season trajectory. Outrebounded 18 to 2 on the offensive boards, by, wait for it, Nova Southeastern. Larranaga cannot recruit a player over 6'7" who weighs more than 200 pounds. He has run out of excuses. FBI cloud is 4 years old. Injuries are an even bigger excuse. He cannot fill his roster with 13 scholarship players. Brooks transferred out. His point guard Smurf transferred to Arkansas. Cross transferred and seems to be fitting in nicely at Louisville. And Louisville was under the same FBI cloud and got nailed.

The baseball team was preseason #6 last season. Beat Florida in Gainesville and then subsequently batted just above the Mendoza line and **** the bed in the ACC tournament and in the regionals. Toral slumped and has transferred to of all places Florida State. Six other kids transferred out.

Women's volleyball is playing very well, finally. They've missed the NCAA tournament since 2017.

Katie's team missed the tournament the last year. And covid saved a no tournament selection in 19-20.

Wow!! Thank you!!

He needs to go! NOW

baseball transfers were a. bit diff situation than say basketball. school already situated their ships and then some guys wanted back in (toral for one) but there was no ship. baseball also gets hampered by having limited ships compared to other sports so some kids have to pay in full. the rest of the issues with baseball is true (****** hitting, etc.)

baseball transfers were a. bit diff situation than say basketball. school already situated their ships and then some guys wanted back in (toral for one) but there was no ship. baseball also gets hampered by having limited ships compared to other sports so some kids have to pay in full. the rest of the issues with baseball is true (****** hitting, etc.)
Yeah, I get baseball, and yes, Alex wanted to stay. Are Lala, Born, Mederos, Thomas, Espinal and Munroe losses? Probably not. Almost all these kids are on partials, but for us to truly be competitive we have to get creative like Vandy and Stanford. Mr. Fundraiser is also failing here. There is a model. Whether we can pull it off? It should be legitimately explored.

Advertisement
Back