For the fire Blake James Crowd

Advertisement
What makes Blake James a bad AD in some of your eyes? We have a president who doesn’t give a **** about football and offers him no support essentially telling him he is on his own, a disorganized and dis-unified board of trustees that micromanaged and forced the Manny Diaz hire, and he’s given half the budget top ten programs are given but expected to hire a top ten coach, he does not have nearly the financial booster support that massive state SEC schools have. I’m not saying he’s great AD but what is he supposed to do? It seems like any AD no many how good they are is gonna be limited. It seems to me the root of the problem is the school itself and the board of trustees. That needs to be fixed before you fix AD position and the Head coach position. Although hiring a Mario Cristobal would make a lot of those issues fade into the background

1. Tad Foote didn't give a ****e about football, and we won 4 national championships on his watch. While I want a new President, having an unsupportive President does not absolve an AD of doing his job. Somehow, SOMEHOW, Sam Jankovich managed to hire JJ and Erickson and managed to oversee three football national championships and one baseball national championship.

2. Please tell us how the BOT "forced" the Manny Diaz hire. No sir, that was ALL Beta Blake.

3. Half the budget? Are you ******* kidding? As has been pointed out, Clemson has $4 million more annual revenue than Miami. We are almost on a par with Clemson when it comes to operating budget, with a fraction of the results.

4. Booster support? Yes, it is true that Beta Blake doesn't have to rely on booster fund-raising to maintain a football stadium or funnel additional compensation to a head coach to evade state laws.

5. What is he supposed to do? He is supposed to do his job well. If he feels like he is SOOOOO SCREWED by lack of money, then he should parlay his puffed up resume into a job at a university with greater resources. Kirby Hocutt did. Shawn Eichorst did.

6. There is no "before". We should not "wait" to replace our AD until we "fix" our President and BOT. The President will be gone soon, but the BOT will survive nuclear war along with the ****roaches. There is no benefit to "waiting". There is no benefit to giving a guy "more time" who has already failed for nearly nine years.

7. Mario doesn't want to work with Beta Blake.

Simply stated, Beta Blake is a bad AD because he is a bad AD. He is not proactive or innovative, he does not treat the alums or season ticket-holders well (except for the Golden Canes), he has chosen poorly when it comes to hiring coaches, and he is overmatched in trying to figure out a way to reverse our misfortunes. As has been pointed out by an obsessed and delusional porster, Miami ran a DEFICIT one year, along with Rutgers and F$U, and we ALL know the reason why F$U had a deficit (hint, hint, it involves paying numerous coaching buyouts).

So, yeah, if you want to retain one of the only ADs in Power Five that can't manage to turn a profit, then that's on you.

I’m not saying I think he is any good, I just don’t know that much am piecing things together. It seems like no matter who you put in the position they aren’t gonna have much success with the football program. Who specifically would you put in the position?

Alonzo Highsmith and/or Gino Torretta would be a good start.

Doing a national search instead of promoting your Ticket Salesman/Large Corporate Donor guy would be another idea.

Advertisement
Yes, a strong suspicion that Parkinson's began to manifest symptoms years ago.
Ah I see. I’d forgotten about that diagnosis… there are some cognitive deficits associated w the disease, and that would def help explain some the decision making we saw.

Now I feel like an *******.

Thanks.

Ah I see. I’d forgotten about that diagnosis… there are some cognitive deficits associated w the disease, and that would def help explain some the decision making we saw.

Now I feel like an *******.

Thanks.

It's all good, man. Lots of people struggle with early symptoms and it doesn't always get diagnosed quickly. Would explain some of the concerns that UGa had (even if difficult to articulate) as well as the very rapid decline in the pace of his speech since working for the ACCN.

Advertisement
I’m not saying I think he is any good, I just don’t know that much am piecing things together. It seems like no matter who you put in the position they aren’t gonna have much success with the football program. Who specifically would you put in the position?
But you didn't answer his question. He asked what resources does Blake not have to do his job effectively and what evidence do you have to support your narrative that "the BOT forced the Manny Diaz hire?" Where I come from, accountability starts at the top. And if you have an athletic director who has seen his major three sports regress under his tenure, then the most logical thing to do is find the common denominator, and Blake Jamesis the common denominator in those struggles. The president's role is somewhat irrelevant in all honesty. If you have an AD and his administration that has a clear vision, this would not be happening, and Manny Diaz and Gino DImare would never have been hired in the first place. That's Blake James issue.

Blake James is no different from Coker, Shannon, Golden, Richt, or Diaz. The University top doesn't value a top program, until they do it won't matter who the AD or Coach is.

What makes Blake James a bad AD in some of your eyes? We have a president who doesn’t give a **** about football and offers him no support essentially telling him he is on his own, a disorganized and dis-unified board of trustees that micromanaged and forced the Manny Diaz hire, and he’s given half the budget top ten programs are given but expected to hire a top ten coach, he does not have nearly the financial booster support that massive state SEC schools have. I’m not saying he’s great AD but what is he supposed to do? It seems like any AD no many how good they are is gonna be limited. It seems to me the root of the problem is the school itself and the board of trustees. That needs to be fixed before you fix AD position and the Head coach position. Although hiring a Mario Cristobal would make a lot of those issues fade into the background
He has been an absolute disaster and near death sentence for our athletic program, mainly Football. I will always believe that little Hamster, Shalala was the beginning of the end in that regard. Blake clearly accepts mediocrity and that is beyond unacceptable here. Off with his head

Advertisement
If he is 'on his own', then he hired a bad head coach 'on his own'.

Just like everything else Miami does, Blake was a discount hire.

And I believe they have no interest in removing “one of our own” regardless to what he does. They give him credit for the indoor facility, yet we all know that doesn’t happen with Richt.

For BJ to be removed they have to actually care enough about athletics to remove him. But currently, he seems to be doing everything the Miami way. Discount this…discount that and stay out of trouble.

What is interesting is when you look at what is considered a successful AD, the general thought is to point to the performance of all the sports teams, sales and coaching hires before anything else.

Where has Blake succeeded in any of these areas?

Advertisement
If a company falls from extremely successful to mediocre would it be the CEOs fault or the founder and shareholders?

Only an AD at Miami can fail miserably at his job (running the athletic department) and still not deserve to be fired because the president doesn't care about Football hahaha.

Richt was a godsend for 2 seasons of this **** show of an administration and program. That 2017 season gave folks a glimpse of what a winning Miami team can look like and do for the school. Unfortunately his health was declining rapidly and that quickly faded and every decision since was quick and forced. We have a chance to cut the bleeding now before this gets worse and worse. The timing for the school and Mario is just right.
Blake James said that he really thinks Manny Diaz was the perfect hire. When Mark Richt stepped away Blake James called Manny Diaz and spoke about the opening. Manny Diaz told Blake James that if anything was going to be done it needed to be immediate because it wasn't fair to Temple or the players he already spoke with. Instead of hanging up and going through some type of process, he folded under pressure and decided not to continue the search and that's all she wrote.

This mfer outta pocket
FB_IMG_1632650770709.jpg

Advertisement
Back