Off-Topic For Canes Twitter Folks...LAZ

Advertisement
He can’t own a gun.
Facts. My only question is, did the other man have a weapon also? Cause if he didn’t… and unless the deceased’s name was Cain Velasquez, Connor McGregor, or Brock Lesnar….. and with the nature of the wound, it will be hard for a DA to seriously argue, self defense. 🤷🏾‍♂️

Funny she’s calling them fat when she’s fat
I don't think we're probably dealing with a neighborhood of the upper echelon of society here.

I'm just glad to have never had any nightmares with neighbors- knock on wood. Biggest annoyances have been a diehard Pats fan and a guy that went to Jaw-ja and kept telling me the same story over and over about how he once played golf with Richt.

Doubt the victim was speaking. Depending on where in the neck the victim was stabbed, he more than like had complete ischemic infarction if one of his jugulars were nicked.
Most likely but stranger things have happened.

Not a bad idea honestly. I feel like half the fanbase are lawyers and the other half is in desperate need of one.

Aside from that this sucks and I hope the best and pray for healing for the victim's family. I've interacted with Laz a fair amount on twitter (if you're part of "CanesFam" on social media you probably have too) and I hurt for his crew too. Just such a freaking stupid, avoidable outcome.

One of my best friends growing up had a brother who killed his step brother over a simple conversation that escalated into three rounds into his leg and chest. Blew the step brother's femoral to pieces. Went to prison for manslaughter, lost his wife and career, tore their family to shreds in the blink of an eye. You can't take these things back once they're done.
Exactly! You can’t catch that bullet and put it back in the gun.

Advertisement
I ran into him a few times and just chatted before games and so on. Having said that, he did this to himself. There is no doubt that was attempted murder in my mind or at least from what I’m reading anyway. Going for somebody’s neck with an edge and claiming self-defense is a tough sell.

I’m an aminal lover myself, but people have lost all sense of proportion regarding animals and their standing with respect to humans.

They are still animals, and as much as we want to anthropomorphize them, they’re not humans.

We can love them and try to take care of them, but people still come first.

Animals and people are not equal.
Big facts. We are The Most High's greatest creation. He gave us dominion over EVERYTHING. It's insulting when people held animals over other people, it's demeaning. Yah ain't make no **** animals in His image.

But about Laz... never had no problems with him, but my pops always said, "If you do the crime, gotta pay the time. And it's true. That's my two cents on the situation.

Last edited:
Not a bad idea honestly. I feel like half the fanbase are lawyers and the other half is in desperate need of one.

Aside from that this sucks and I hope the best and pray for healing for the victim's family. I've interacted with Laz a fair amount on twitter (if you're part of "CanesFam" on social media you probably have too) and I hurt for his crew too. Just such a freaking stupid, avoidable outcome.

One of my best friends growing up had a brother who killed his step brother over a simple conversation that escalated into three rounds into his leg and chest. Blew the step brother's femoral to pieces. Went to prison for manslaughter, lost his wife and career, tore their family to shreds in the blink of an eye. You can't take these things back once they're done.
I forgot what his Twitter handle was. Who was he on twitter?

Advertisement
Big facts. We are The Most High's greatest creation. He gave us dominion over EVERYTHING. It's insulting when peke held animals over other people, it's demeaning. Yah ain't make no **** animals in His image.

But about Laz... never had no problems with him, but my pips always said, "If you find thr time, gotta pay the crime. And it's true. That's my two cents on the situation.

It just goes to show, you never know about people. My wife and I sat across from his wife and him on a shuttle back to the airport on an away game.

Just very quiet and laid-back during that situation. I’ve seen him get loud with fans at tailgates, although I don’t hang around with that crew, I’ve seen them around, but one on one very laid-back.

I remember I think this was during Ricks second or third year we were talking about how he seemed to have lost it, although publicly he wouldn’t say it, we were both in agreement that there was something off with him.

Even though I already knew he was an ex-con, he was very reserved and you wouldn’t think of him as a guy that would stab somebody in the neck.

Bottom line: even when you’re hot you have to keep your cool, he gave into his anger impulses, so now one guy is dead and probably the rest of his life is fūcked. And nothing is better, in fact everything is worse now. I made a vow a while back to never engage in violence unless it was in self-defense of my family or loved ones. Having a verbal beef is no reason to start swinging hands, because you never know where it ends.

he is the worst fan icon anyone can think of (actually i can think of a few worse).
Worst maybe but icon I don't think so..

I mean Laz actually killed a guy and had some and I mean poquito local fame amongst South Florida and our tiny community as a fan.

He's not Yamma Yamma John Fleming who was an Orange Bowl staple and delight and appointed a chair on a local water board by Jeb Bush to boot.

He's not Danny chopping it up with Barstool and a known by every poster on every Canes board ever.

Maybe on par with Jen Urs in notoriety but she made sportscenter with our Ibis walking her down the aisle so she gets the nod ahead of him so I retract the on par. And she's a good person. Questionable politics but a good person. So she's ahead on the list of Cane non celebrity icon fans

miami-hurricanes-allcanes-sebastian-ibis-jennifer-urs-sullivan-bride.jpg

and then you got this guy who is a legend

miami-floridaorange-bowl-university-of-miami-hurricanes-canesfestcollege-football-preseason-sc...jpg

Laz doesn't even make the medal stand. I'm not even including John Routh bc he was our Ibis and last time I spoke to him I saw him running the UM sports hall of fame so as an employee he's disqualified.

All in all he's not cracking the medal stand of our own fans much less nationwide

Last edited:
It just goes to show, you never know about people. My wife and I sat across from his wife and him on a shuttle back to the airport on an away game.

Just very quiet and laid-back during that situation. I’ve seen him get loud with fans at tailgates, although I don’t hang around with that crew, I’ve seen them around, but one on one very laid-back.

I remember I think this was during Ricks second or third year we were talking about how he seemed to have lost it, although publicly he wouldn’t say it, we were both in agreement that there was something off with him.

Even though I already knew he was an ex-con, he was very reserved and you wouldn’t think of him as a guy that would stab somebody in the neck.

Bottom line: even when you’re hot you have to keep your cool, he gave into his anger impulses, so now one guy is dead and probably the rest of his life is fūcked. And nothing is better, in fact everything is worse now. I made a vow a while back to never engage in violence unless it was in self-defense of my family or loved ones. Having a verbal beef is no reason to start swinging hands, because you never know where it ends.
Well said

Advertisement
Stabbing someone in the neck is illegal in Lehigh?

They've gotten soft over there since I graduated. Back in the day, Lehigh was called Little Bagdad

I have a relative in Lehigh Acres..
Place looked sketchy back in 2008 when economy was poor. Lots of folks not taking care of their properties, garbage strewn in the streets, that sort of stuff...it does appear to have gotten a little better of late...I'm told because of the folks coming up from soFla....but with those folks some of have been of the undesirable type...

I don't think we're probably dealing with a neighborhood of the upper echelon of society here.

I'm just glad to have never had any nightmares with neighbors- knock on wood. Biggest annoyances have been a diehard Pats fan and a guy that went to Jaw-ja and kept telling me the same story over and over about how he once played golf with Richt.
Doesn’t look like it they are haha. Bad neighbors can make ya move that’s for sure.

Not the right golf story again hahah. I feel your pain.

Advertisement
Worst maybe but icon I don't think so..

I mean Laz actually killed a guy and had some and I mean poquito local fame amongst South Florida and our tiny community as a fan.

He's not Yamma Yamma John Fleming who was an Orange Bowl staple and delight and appointed a chair on a local water board by Jeb Bush to boot. He's not Danny chopping it up with Barstool and a known by every poster on every Canes board ever. Maybe on par with Jen Urs in notoriety but she made sportscenter with our Ibis walking her down the aisle so she gets the nod ahead of him so I retract the on par. View attachment 179017

and then you got this guy who is a legend

View attachment 179010

He doesn't even make the medal stand. I'm not even including John Ruth bc he was our Ibis and last time I spoke to him I saw him running the UM sports hall of fame so as an employee he's disqualified.

All in all he's not cracking the medal stand of our own fans much less nationwide
I was with John Routh 2 weeks ago at The Titanic...Former Yankee Catcher Jim Leyritz was there as well.

I didn’t even know he had moved over to the West Coast. I wonder what happened there. And to be honest I’m totally unfamiliar with Lehigh acres, never been there. Been to Fort Myers been to Naples been all up and down the West Coast. But not there

Advertisement
Back