For all the Searels haters

Advertisement
What's the deal with Jones? Since he got here all the reports indicated he couldn't play. Has the light flickered on for him?
Them dogs behind him hungry

you-gonna-eat-yo-cornbread-o.gif

Sweet practice pic. Will this translate to our OL not getting beat off the edge in the scrimmages?

Darling and Linder were always ****.

Isadora was good, and Searles had him playing well which is why he was drafted.

St Louis was good at pass blocking. Potentially it best at it last year. But he struggled against the run. Seems like a strength problem to me, or maybe we should not run so many plays where the olines job is to reach block.

McDermott was our best overall olineman last year and he played like it. He majorly improved from 2017.

McDermott improved as soon as He was moved to LT after Darling got hurt in 2016.

Searles was either playing guys at the wrong position (Darling & McDermott), or starting guys who shouldn't have been starting at all (IE Linder over Gall at C).

And for the life of me, IDK why the **** He recruited Dykstra, kid looked like straight garbage at Paradise.

Advertisement
Hillery looks so promising. I can’t wait for him to put it together and get some snaps

Donaldson, Herbert, or Hillery at RT. **** George Brown and Jahair Jones.

Gauthier at center with Gaynor backing him up.

Boulware, Scaife, Mahoney competing for the Guard spots. If Herbert/Hillery earn RT spot, obviously Donaldson is our RG.

I think we end up with St. Louis, Mahoney/Scaife, Gauthier, Boulware, Donaldson as the starting 5. If not I think you’re spot on above.

Advertisement
If he has a poor year oline like the past two years and whiffs on pure offensive tackle targets like Evan Neal then yea I'm all about finding a replacement

There wasn't much here to work with when cmr and company got here.takes time to develope olinemen.very rare to see a olinemen start as a freshmen.takes a year or two to get them ready.need to be patient by the time the young qbs are ready to take over think the oline will be where it needs to be.look at it like this who do you want to get the beating from a poor oline rosier or the other qbs.

Advertisement
What's the deal with Jones? Since he got here all the reports indicated he couldn't play. Has the light flickered on for him?
He was Chad Thomas’ roommate I believe, or at least a close friend according to Twitter videos and I think seein Chad on the verge of the NFL has him very motivated in a money year

Advertisement
This makes me wonder why we haven’t recruited a pure LT / RT prospect since Searles took over.

im sure we have but our primary recruiting base (south florida) doesnt produce enough UM caliber prospects at those positions.

What I don't understand is why can't they keep players at their natural position instead of having them play musical chairs? It would make more sense that if Player A is a great Guard (right or left) but is moved to Tackle and is average.

At Miami, we reap the incredible benefits of locally sourced WRs, RBs, DBs, and DEs. Unfortunately, we’ve often suffered from the reverse locally when it comes to the big men on the OL and at DT.

When Kul was here, everyone commented on his ability to take 3 stars and turn them into NFL draft picks. Good coaches create good players, and that's not happening w/ Searels. Maybe it's not that he's a "bad" coach per se; maybe he's just not connecting w/ his players like he should. But, if you set Kul's production w/ limited resources as the standard, I'm not sure Searels is meeting that standard.

Advertisement
Back