For all the Searels haters

Advertisement
Advertisement
OP shot his shot. Unfortunately for OP, he's been shooting 18% from the field this year.

Advertisement
:eddiemurphy:

I did not get a good vibe from that at all. I'm still not on the Fire Searels bandwagon, but if you're having to coach effort after they, by all accounts, got their asses handed to them by the D-line, that sounds like it could be a problem.

Wow...he coaches. That was the missing link for sure.....

Maybe our OL get to UM and just get gentle and Searels is the greatest OL coach who ever lived, but it will be on him if he can't ever get the dog out of these guys. I'm rooting for him, but it doesn't seem like the OL should be regressing in anyway with the influx of talent.

Lets not forget that Kehoe put on a **** of a practice field show as well long after the OL disappeared on him.

UM

"The key to the line may be Donaldson, who on Tuesday ran through his third full-padded practice as a right tackle. Richt on Saturday bemoaned the lack of offensive tackles on his roster (who's fault is this?), and while Donaldson was an ESPN freshman All-American at right guard last season, he’ll have to be a credible edge blocker if Miami is to have success. Richt said despite Donaldson’s inexperience at the spot, he’s seen enough from the big man (6-foot-6, 350 pounds) to warrant a long look. "

http://caneswatch.blog.palmbeachpos...lly-miami-hurricanes-offense-isnt-way-behind/

FFS I'm so tired of having average/mediocre offensive lines. It really is the Achilles heel of this program it seems.

Last edited:
Advertisement
This makes me wonder why we haven’t recruited a pure LT / RT prospect since Searles took over.

Advertisement
At what point is he let go if the O line continues to suck?

I feel your frustration and won’t chastise you for it.

I say give Searles 2018 before we decide Yay or Nay. He inherited a disaster walking in the door in 2016. The worst unit of the team hands down. 2017 was better and he signed some talented guys, but they collapsed down the stretch.

2018 is his make or break in my book. Year 3 - He and the OL need to show me something.

Personally, I don't think south Florida produces the best OL prospects in the country. I would like to see us recruit linemen from the northern states or even Canada. It just seems like the northern offensive linemen have more "fight" in them.

I think at the end of this season evaluation period should begin.
I agree with this. By the time fall ball rolls around, he'll have brought in 5 players rated 4*-- Navaughn Donaldson, Kai-Leon Herbert (2017), and Delone Scaife, Cleveland Reed, and John Campbell (2018). He's also got 3* prospects Coery Gaynor, Zack Dykstra, and Zalonte Hillery in his room. Only adding 3* Tre Johnson in 2016 set the group back, but coming on board so late in the cycle, you can't pin that one on the coaches.

But a good coach should be able to find a solid starting 5 given the talent listed above plus the, maybe not as talented but more experienced, upperclassmen he's been handed. Barring major injury I'd say it's fair that the 2018 season be a reflection of the product coach Searles is capable of fielding going forward and whether or not we should examine other options.

Advertisement
Back