For all the Searels haters

More or less half of Searels real recruits, not the ones from 2016 when he was hired less than a month before NSD, were in high school last year. The rest are either currently in high school or just graduated in December.

And the end of fall ball is where we’re judging the body of his work?

Ok.

Advertisement
Same **** every time he is featured on mic'd up. For two seasons his lines have gotten pushed around by any team with a pulse. What's your point?

You can only Coach what's in your room let's see what his recruits do before passing judgement. Jahair Jones, Bar Milo and a few others can't blame him for those guys.. Gaynor Donaldson, St. Pierre if they aren't players that falls under his watch

Two things.

1) Searels is on the hot seat if he can't develop a good run blocking OL. We can not let the Duke's and UNC's of the world stuff our run game when we have highly rated players then they do. Searels is a journey man college coach so if we can't produce anything in year 3 under his watch he has to go because he is what he is.

2) We need to stop the SFL only recruiting policy. I get it Golden was going OOS to get talent but he was going to non hot beds like NY and NJ to get OOS player. I think we need to search for more OOS players in places like LA and TX at OL. Both UF and FSU OL sucks and they have largely been recruiting Florida O-linemen as well.

Two things.

1) Searels is on the hot seat if he can't develop a good run blocking OL. We can not let the Duke's and UNC's of the world stuff our run game when we have highly rated players then they do. Searels is a journey man college coach so if we can't produce anything in year 3 under his watch he has to go because he is what he is.

2) We need to stop the SFL only recruiting policy. I get it Golden was going OOS to get talent but he was going to non hot beds like NY and NJ to get OOS player. I think we need to search for more OOS players in places like LA and TX at OL. Both UF and FSU OL sucks and they have largely been recruiting Florida O-linemen as well.

Searles is on the hot seat no matter what this year. Frankly last year should have been his hot seat year after what a disaster the o line was in 2016. After the o line was a disaster again in 2017 he should have been given the pink slip.

Have some considered that we may just have an excellent pass rushing DL? Which I think we do.

Nevertheless, in saying that, I must agree that the OL can stand lots of improvement.

I'm just not as worried as most here seem to be. We've got some substantial sure fire help on the way this summer and many prospects that simply need more experience. The good thing for us is that they'll face top notch competition everyday in practice.

Advertisement
His unit has struggled in season 1 and 2. I understand that the guys he brought in are still young but it's not like he inherited a bunch of no names the last two years. Mc Dermott, Darling and St. Louis were four star prospects. Guys like Linder and Isadora were high 3 star talents but the line struggled regardless. If anything, Linder got worse under Searles.

OP shot his shot. Unfortunately for OP, he's been shooting 18% from the field this year.
giphy.gif

Advertisement
His unit has struggled in season 1 and 2. I understand that the guys he brought in are still young but it's not like he inherited a bunch of no names the last two years. Mc Dermott, Darling and St. Louis were four star prospects. Guys like Linder and Isadora were high 3 star talents but the line struggled regardless. If anything, Linder got worse under Searles.
Darling and Linder were always ****.

Isadora was good, and Searles had him playing well which is why he was drafted.

St Louis was good at pass blocking. Potentially it best at it last year. But he struggled against the run. Seems like a strength problem to me, or maybe we should not run so many plays where the olines job is to reach block.

McDermott was our best overall olineman last year and he played like it. He majorly improved from 2017.

Donaldson, Herbert, or Hillery at RT. **** George Brown and Jahair Jones.

Gauthier at center with Gaynor backing him up.

Boulware, Scaife, Mahoney competing for the Guard spots. If Herbert/Hillery earn RT spot, obviously Donaldson is our RG.

More or less half of Searels real recruits, not the ones from 2016 when he was hired less than a month before NSD, were in high school last year. The rest are either currently in high school or just graduated in December.

And the end of fall ball is where we’re judging the body of his work?

Ok.
Sounds like you're referring to what I said, and maybe I could have worded it better, but we're saying the same thing. Not until fall ball gets here can we even charge Searels with 2 complete recruiting classes. I don't count Tre Jonson in 2016 on him. I don't thing we can even begin to get an accurate measure of Coach Searels until after the 2018 season, and even that's barring major injury to one of our starters.

Listen, I'm not here to bash these videos, but prove it on the field. Our OL has been getting pushed back since God know when. This make-shift line needs to stop. Do you know why Bama's lines have been dominant? It's because they recruit true position across the OL. They are recruiting LG, RG, C, LT, RT to play those positions. They are not having a guy who played guard in high school play RT or LT or C. They are not having a guy who played RT flip to a C.

Our recruiting in the trenches gotta be better. Too much jimmy-rigging on the OL (trust me, I wanna use the other phrase, but this is a public forum).

Advertisement
I know that scouting O lineman has to be one of the most difficult positions to judge. You typically have a huge guy at or over 300lbs and most high school teams have one decent D lineman the rest are 195lbs. It's also pretty typical for HS lineman to be out of shape when they hit college, just big fat kids that push smaller kids around.

Reminds me of the time someone posted Randy corching up special teams as proof that hes doing well.

Or like the other day when Rumph was basically rushing through everything, saying a bunch of catch phrases and people were jizzing themselves too.

Also, we have some fans who officially have resorted to “well our four star guys werent REALLY four star guys they were overrated”.

I have heard the “our top recruits ended up busts” lines for like 12 years now.

Advertisement
I don't know **** about offensive line coaching or playing. But man, I'm a little amazed that college kids need to be told to have their feet planted when they strike out. Anybody feel like explaining that to me?

Searles is on the hot seat no matter what this year. Frankly last year should have been his hot seat year after what a disaster the o line was in 2016. After the o line was a disaster again in 2017 he should have been given the pink slip.

Honest question: When was the last time Richt fired a coach on his own? I don't know why everyone keeps expecting for him to make these "hot seat" changes and for his assistants to be working under that fear, but his history suggests the opposite.

What's the deal with Jones? Since he got here all the reports indicated he couldn't play. Has the light flickered on for him?

Advertisement
Back