For all the Searels haters

There wasn't much here to work with when cmr and company got here.takes time to develope olinemen.very rare to see a olinemen start as a freshmen.takes a year or two to get them ready.need to be patient by the time the young qbs are ready to take over think the oline will be where it needs to be.look at it like this who do you want to get the beating from a poor oline rosier or the other qbs.

That’s just not true anymore. These days, the real studs comes in ready to play day 1 or at the very least in year 2 if you’re stacked. The problem is we aint getting them except Donaldson and imo Scaife.

Advertisement
Searless is telling the guys what to do, and monitoring their actions, but I don't see the discipline - Because he probably doesn't take the time to punish them...as he's trying to get to the next thing. It's probably why he's correcting a lot of baby mistakes with hand placement errors, etc..

However, the way you turn the big uglies into men, is to put those jokers on the Sled.

IMO, working the old school Sled is the most important part of building an OL. Maybe they didn't record that part, but it shouldn't have been optional either. Practice should center around the Sled for any good OL coach.

This is from last year, but maybe it does.

So assuming Searels is fired like many here are hoping, who do you hope replaces him?

Searless is telling the guys what to do, and monitoring their actions, but I don't see the discipline - Because he probably doesn't take the time to punish them...as he's trying to get to the next thing. It's probably why he's correcting a lot of baby mistakes with hand placement errors, etc..

However, the way you turn the big uglies into men, is to put those jokers on the Sled.

That's all John Madden ever used to harp on with OL corches.

So assuming Searels is fired like many here are hoping, who do you hope replaces him?

Go North young man.

For the coach and for more OL recruits. The pickings are great up here.

Lots of huge, big boned, corn fed rascals that love blocking all day and tipping cows at night.

More Northern OL stars than we can imagine would love coming down and finally seeing women that are smaller than themselves at school

Last edited:
Advertisement
I dont think Searles has a problem finding his guy and recruiting them, his problem may be identifying but thats open for debate cause we will find out soon. I think when he finds his guy on the trail he usually does well

Advertisement
Back