For all the Searels haters

I consider Navaughn a top recruit, but facts are facts - OL has been the weakest unit on the team since he's been here. Shape up or ship out.

100%

Our OL has been like the day lineup at Chica Bonitas for the last couple years.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The last few seasons practically our starting O-line weren’t all his guys idiot. You have to give him time also. The talent level has gotten better each year so relax it’s going to be season 3 this year you nerd 🤓 piece

Sounds exactly like what people were saying when Kehoe was here.

Sounds exactly like what people were saying when Kehoe was here.
How can you honestly blame him if what he inherited was garbage didn’t have time to recruit 16 but has brought in better talent the last 2 recruiting season’s. Let’s see what goes down this year and see if they improve especially the run game production and then talk after the season.

How can you honestly blame him if what he inherited was garbage didn’t have time to recruit 16 but has brought in better talent the last 2 recruiting season’s. Let’s see what goes down this year and see if they improve especially the run game production and then talk after the season.

LAST I checked he inherited a number of four star recruits and some sought after 3 stars.

We've had better Oline recruits than a lot of top 25 teams/ Yet weve played like we are Bethune Cookman.

His techniques are terrible and outdated.

Unfortunately...Through the yrs (aside from a couple) our OL has Always been our Weak link......It's maddening sometimes....

Advertisement
I think it speaks volumes how Searles was OL coach on Sabans LSU championship team, a team loaded with future coaches, and yet his career has gone nowhere since. Not even Saban has tried re-hire him in the NFL or at Bama.

Advertisement
The two problems with our OL in order are as follows.

Footwork, we don't look quick at all in any capacity. We still look like dog**** when we're pulling and that sort of ties into the second part.

Strength and conditioning. Something is off here and as I'm not there daily, I don't know what it is. Feet, lateral movement, explosive hand movement, it just isn't there. If they were all strong as an ox, they could bully people off the line. Instead, they are constantly being move back or even when we pull, half of the time someone one the line is getting blown back which impedes all our movement.

I don't think its a technique issue or talent by and large. Coach doesn't do anything different here. Motivation, every coach in America always has to push his guys, so it isn't that unless it's motivation in the S&C part.

Just my thoughts from watching the games.

The biggest asset to our O-Line is our D-Line. It is one of the best in the country and it's going to be rare this season our O-Line will face a better one. Going up against that D-Line every day in practice will help our O-Line tremendously. They need to start doing reps with 1's vs. 1's.

Advertisement
cfbstats.com - 2017 National Team Leaders

2015 Average yards per rushing attempt: 3.68 (112th)
2016 Average yards per rushing attempt: 4.54 (58th) <------ Searels first year.
2017 Average yards per rushing attempt: 5.05 (24th)

He is an absolute non-issue, those of you who think he's even remotely near the hot seat are being ridiculous.

For some OL nastiness teachings, Richie Incognito should be available soon. After he finishes out that Baker stint.

Searless is telling the guys what to do, and monitoring their actions, but I don't see the discipline - Because he probably doesn't take the time to punish them...as he's trying to get to the next thing. It's probably why he's correcting a lot of baby mistakes with hand placement errors, etc..

However, the way you turn the big uglies into men, is to put those jokers on the Sled.

IMO, working the old school Sled is the most important part of building an OL. Maybe they didn't record that part, but it shouldn't have been optional either. Practice should center around the Sled for any good OL coach.

Advertisement
You should post this on the Texas, VT, Georgia and LSU boards... plenty of haters in those fan bases too.

Advertisement
Back