Follow-up to a story I mentioned in my long post

Like I said in another thread that the hate for Highsmith is real. It's real here as well. You can try to change the narrative all you want, but there you have it in a nutshell.

Ed Reed . . .
Highsmith was hated bc he would have exposed these losers who were running our athletic department and football program.

Advertisement
A
The incompetence of our former athletic director is scary.

And that's another reason neither HE (who wears his shorts backwards) nor Diaz wanted Alonzo - Alonzo would have recognized their incompetence immediately - and he'd be reporting that to the ones paying him - not the AD - not Diaz.

The idea of a guy who's somewhat independent - cuts down on the politics and Boulschitt. You get the straight story of a matter.

Advertisement
Like I said in another thread that the hate for Highsmith is real. It's real here as well. You can try to change the narrative all you want, but there you have it in a nutshell.

Ed Reed . . .
Dave Chapelle GIF by MOODMAN

I love every word of this:

“After the first year of Manny’s tenure, donors sat down with Blake,” Lambert said. “There were some people that had some grievances and let him know that they weren’t happy with the product on the field. I said nothing at that point. I was waiting for everybody else to talk.

“I said I have a simple question for you: ’If you did not have the budgetary concerns that we always hear as excuses and you had the money available to do something big — whether it’s coaching, staff, facilities, whatever it is — I’m not telling you what it has to be, but assume you had that, what would you do? Before you answer, know that the people across this table are willing to make a commitment. If what you say excites us, we’ll come back with the money you’re asking for.’

“I said, ‘Before I leave, I’ll write you a check for half a million bucks and I’ll go out and take these people with me right now who have some crazy contacts and we’ll go hit the pavement with their contacts and go raise the money. Give me something good.’ I didn’t say, ‘you have to fire Manny Diaz or you have to do this.’

“I asked [James], ‘What would you do?’ His answer was ‘I’ll probably hire a couple more analysts and improve the locker room.’ I said, ‘Come on, seriously! It was a serious question. Give me a serious answer.’ He said ‘that’s my answer.’”

Lambert then told James “OK, just so you know, the next time we come here, we’re probably not going to be coming here with checkbooks. We’re probably going to be coming with pitchforks and torches because that’s a really [expletive] answer.

Un...*******...believable.

But it's what I've been saying about Beta Blake for years. No vision. Wants the money, doesn't know how to spend it. Rude and insulting and condescending. Weasel.
Now im a sick fvck but laughed out loud at this ....unreal.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I love every word of this:

“After the first year of Manny’s tenure, donors sat down with Blake,” Lambert said. “There were some people that had some grievances and let him know that they weren’t happy with the product on the field. I said nothing at that point. I was waiting for everybody else to talk.

“I said I have a simple question for you: ’If you did not have the budgetary concerns that we always hear as excuses and you had the money available to do something big — whether it’s coaching, staff, facilities, whatever it is — I’m not telling you what it has to be, but assume you had that, what would you do? Before you answer, know that the people across this table are willing to make a commitment. If what you say excites us, we’ll come back with the money you’re asking for.’

“I said, ‘Before I leave, I’ll write you a check for half a million bucks and I’ll go out and take these people with me right now who have some crazy contacts and we’ll go hit the pavement with their contacts and go raise the money. Give me something good.’ I didn’t say, ‘you have to fire Manny Diaz or you have to do this.’

“I asked [James], ‘What would you do?’ His answer was ‘I’ll probably hire a couple more analysts and improve the locker room.’ I said, ‘Come on, seriously! It was a serious question. Give me a serious answer.’ He said ‘that’s my answer.’”

Lambert then told James “OK, just so you know, the next time we come here, we’re probably not going to be coming here with checkbooks. We’re probably going to be coming with pitchforks and torches because that’s a really [expletive] answer.

Un...*******...believable.

But it's what I've been saying about Beta Blake for years. No vision. Wants the money, doesn't know how to spend it. Rude and insulting and condescending. Weasel.
That may simultaneously be the greatest and worst thing I’ve read in my life.

Advertisement
It appears they’re back, with the pitchforks, torches and I warned you’s …

SMH at Barry for putting all those kids names in this article. He could have written it without that . some of them are still playing.
Going scorched -earth against MAnny, Blake etc is one thing. Humiliating the kids by basically calling them JAGS in a newspaper article is pretty low in my book...
He’s so low bro…. What a ******

Advertisement
Back