Follow-up to a story I mentioned in my long post

How does Manny survive this?
giphy.gif
guess who

Advertisement
Advertisement
Who looks like they know more about football…

This guy…

View attachment 162944

Or

This guy….

View attachment 162945

ALONZO FOR AD!! 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

My mechanic knows a lot about cars. Doesn't mean he should be CEO of Ford. Zo is a badass but unqualified to be AD. I'd hate to have to fire him in a few years. I know we are desperate to get back to the glory years but Zo isn't the way.

MHO: Manny must go after the FSU debacle and I was a hangerson. The coach will be expensive and anyone putting their neck on the line must do due diligence. We must hire an AD first and let him put his a$$ on the line hiring a coach and pay him accordingly. Any input from former players should be considered but the buck has to clearly stop somewhere that can be held accountable, or praised, if what is proposed works or doesn't. Just win baby.

My mechanic knows a lot about cars. Doesn't mean he should be CEO of Ford. Zo is a badass but unqualified to be AD. I'd hate to have to fire him in a few years. I know we are desperate to get back to the glory years but Zo isn't the way.

That is a terrible comparison… Alonzo more qualified than the last 2 ADs Miami has had not even close. What the fck does Blake James know about any sport that exists at Miami?? It would be easy for Zo to have someone “oversee” the tennis team if y’all worried about that… Football is the only sport that matters and Alonzo knows what it takes to build a real football program starting from the top.

That is a terrible comparison… Alonzo more qualified than the last 2 ADs Miami has had not even close. What the fck does Blake James know about any sport that exists at Miami?? It would be easy for Zo to have someone “oversee” the tennis team if y’all worried about that… Football is the only sport that matters and Alonzo knows what it takes to build a real football program starting from the top.
No it isn't. Zo only seems qualified because beta blake was so bad. I don't want someone who knows more about football than blake (such a low bar), I want a top notch AD. Zo ain't it. Playing the sport or being an NFL scout doesn't make you qualified to be an AD.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I love every word of this:

“After the first year of Manny’s tenure, donors sat down with Blake,” Lambert said. “There were some people that had some grievances and let him know that they weren’t happy with the product on the field. I said nothing at that point. I was waiting for everybody else to talk.

“I said I have a simple question for you: ’If you did not have the budgetary concerns that we always hear as excuses and you had the money available to do something big — whether it’s coaching, staff, facilities, whatever it is — I’m not telling you what it has to be, but assume you had that, what would you do? Before you answer, know that the people across this table are willing to make a commitment. If what you say excites us, we’ll come back with the money you’re asking for.’

“I said, ‘Before I leave, I’ll write you a check for half a million bucks and I’ll go out and take these people with me right now who have some crazy contacts and we’ll go hit the pavement with their contacts and go raise the money. Give me something good.’ I didn’t say, ‘you have to fire Manny Diaz or you have to do this.’

“I asked [James], ‘What would you do?’ His answer was ‘I’ll probably hire a couple more analysts and improve the locker room.’ I said, ‘Come on, seriously! It was a serious question. Give me a serious answer.’ He said ‘that’s my answer.’”

Lambert then told James “OK, just so you know, the next time we come here, we’re probably not going to be coming here with checkbooks. We’re probably going to be coming with pitchforks and torches because that’s a really [expletive] answer.

Un...*******...believable.

But it's what I've been saying about Beta Blake for years. No vision. Wants the money, doesn't know how to spend it. Rude and insulting and condescending. Weasel.
1637811261258.gif

What would everyone have said to the blank check question?
I wouldn’t overthink it and would generalize:
- commitment to keep top 25 facilities
- top 10-15, top tier in ACC nutrition program
- top 10-15, top tier in ACC coaching, assistant salaries + analysts
- same scale recruiting budget in line with similarly situated programs
- commitment to keep adidas forever and send @Rellyrell a jersey/uniform with his name on it every year for all sports, womens included

With a full report to him within 72 hours, a week at the latest.

Advertisement
No it isn't. Zo only seems qualified because beta blake was so bad. I don't want someone who knows more about football than blake, I want a top notch AD. Zo ain't it. Playing the sport or being an NFL scout doesn't make you qualified to be an AD.

Zo is more qualified than Jurich and is much more than some entry level nfl scout… do your homework!!

Advertisement
The guy asked Blake James what he would want if he had a blank check and he goes, 'hire a couple analysts to improve the locker room.' What in God's name...
Blake James is such a loser. Complete, abject loser mentality and this program needs chemotherapy to get rid of it all.

Advertisement
Back