Floyd Mayweather at the U.

**** man: a prime Hagler v. Floyd would have been an awesome fight with such a contrast of styles.

Hagler was one of the most intimidating dudes ever in the ring and that one famous slugfest round with Hearns was basically like a Rocky film in itself.
That Hearns vs Haggler was a historical top 10 fight in my opinion. When Haggler got cut he went crazy and then F8cked up Hearns!

Advertisement
**** man: a prime Hagler v. Floyd would have been an awesome fight with such a contrast of styles.
I dunno.

Hagler was a natural middleweight (160 lbs). Mayweather won his first title at super featherweight (130). Tommy Hearns felt what it was like to move up that night.

Young Floyd against Bud Crawford or ESjr at 135/140 or prime Floyd vs Leonard or Hearns at 147 seem more intriguing

Probably because The U is the only school Floyd can spell.

200w.gif

Hagler was one of the most intimidating dudes ever in the ring and that one famous slugfest round with Hearns was basically like a Rocky film in itself.
Hagler was a bigger guy than Floyd. I'm not sure how interesting that would actually be.

Hagler also got knocked down only once. I doubt Floyd would have agreed to fight Hagler, unless hagler had pneumonia or something.

Advertisement
I dunno.

Hagler was a natural middleweight (160 lbs). Mayweather won his first title at super featherweight (130). Tommy Hearns felt what it was like to move up that night.

Young Floyd against Bud Crawford or ESjr at 135/140 or prime Floyd vs Leonard or Hearns at 147 seem more intriguing
I should have read your comment first, lol.

Arguably the best first-round ever for my money. I don't think Floyd was big enough to beat Hagler. Marvelous was a true middleweight. Leonard vs Mayweather would have been crazy epic. Could Floyd hurt Tommy Hearns enough to keep those speed bombs off him? The same for Roberto Duran. But most of all, Sugar Ray's offense and Money's defense, epic fight.

Advertisement
Mayweather's been to a game before. Also, there was a former walk-on with the last name Mayweather on the team, , I wonder if He was kin to Floyd.

Reading is fundamental, but Money is absolute. To be honest, I'd trade my middle school, High school, college and MBA educations for 1/2 of Floyds worth and investments.

Advertisement
I used to see FM a lot when I lived in Vegas. That dude threw around $ like crazy. Every time I saw him he had a LV backpack. Apparently he always carried it around filled with cash to place bets, etc. Guys pretty small in person.
The bag was always filled with cash. Small indeed. Disrespectful and no class.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back