Floyd Mayweather at the U.

Maybe we see the world differently, but when you are at Floyd's wealth level, you can fix past wrongs in a way most people can't. I'd be embarrassed if I were Floyd and it was known the world over I couldn't read. I would have a problem with 50 and others clowning me about it, and want to do something about it. Floyd could easily afford to hire the best tutor in the world and take a couple of months of intensive reading classes. He could then come out and completely obliterate these idiots by taking 50 up on his "Challenge" and also serving to show that he's not only a champ in the ring, but he's a man that won't take ish off anyone.

I do understand what you're saying. Especially if what others think of you guides your life.

On the other hand, if you're secure with yourself....why bother? Being how he is has gotten him $450+million. He can live extravagantly the rest of his life off the interest alone from a savings account.

That size a fortune is almost impossible to lose. He has earned generational wealth for himself and future Mayweather's. All he has to know is how to count and stay away from shady lawyers and accountants.

Anyway, I take these illiterate claims as mostly sourgrapes and BS.

So what?? He flubbed as nd radio promo. Never knew that was a SAT equivalent. I call BS on that.

And even if true, if attaining wealth is the capitalist measuring rod. It appears he's got most of us beat BY FAR

Advertisement
That is because you don't watch the sport. If you look at it from a football perspective than it would make sense that you would think that way.

The reason he is overated is because people come in and say he is the greatest of all time. So you can be really good while not being the GOAT. Rocky Marciano was also undefeated and you can't have 2 GOATs. So at least one of them is going to be overrated.

Now realistically both of them are very overrated. Floyd fought in a weak time period and only had 49 fights against boxers. He had 1 against McGregor which makes him 50-0. Its like Notre Dame having all those wins in the early 1900s. There was no competition back then. Their undefeated seasons are nowhere near as impressive as modern day ones.

Willie Pep for instance, fought in a much harder time period and went 229-11. During that time period he went 62-0 when he first started out, so if he retired then he could have been the GOAT according to some peoples definitions of it. He then lost then went 72-0-1 in hs next 73 matches. That is just one example there are a lot of guys who would have went undefeated if they did what Floyd did.

Agree 100%

Recent bias is as rampant as it is wrong.

Advertisement
Back