Floyd Mayweather at the U.

Advertisement
Floyd is a great fighter but not even close to the GOAT. Doesn't have the punching power to be in that discussion. Master technician, though.
This is one of the falsest narratives of all time. Guys who he hit say it’s bull****. Once his hands turned to glass he cut his power punch out put but he still hit hard.

Yeah but Maidana had an excellent counter for that straight right in their 2nd fight. Baited Floyd with a straight left, Floyd threw the lead right, and Maidana connects with a straight right. If Maidana had at least 20 seconds left in the round Floyd's "O" was in trouble:

Floyd's chin is criminally underrated. Zab caught him as well, but in the end his boxing IQ, defense, stamina and chin make him virtually unbeatable.

The one thing I like about Floyd is he calls out cheaters. He's right about the steroid scene in the boxing undergrounds. Trust me alot of these cats cheating. Canelo I believe was doing it for GGG cause that man was too strong for him. Pac was on it everyone knew in the underground world. Floyd's best asset is stamina.....Errol Spence has that gift......12th round Floyd is first round Floyd u get the same energy every round. Str8 machine like. I'm always in the camp of humanity and talent gets better always across all sports. So the next era Floyd when he arrives will be most impressive. Same like I believe UM is headed.....we will challenge those 01 canes within ten years I believe.
Of course, bro. They are all on drugs. Every gym I have went to, every high level guy was on some sort of PED. Its so easy to beat the test. Remember when Neil ARmstrong was one of the most drug tested athletes in the world and he never failed a test once. His own teamates talked about doping up and passing the tests. Drugs are even harder to find today than they were in his day.

I agree though, athletes always get better 100%. Thats why records are constantly being broken. If your just straight up talking if every boxer from all time fought each other who would win, it would be a modern guy for sure.

@OriginalGatorHater your right those ND teams were beating up on trash type talent at that time. They still did it though. Talent always gets better cause kids watch Jordan (like Kobe) and then kids watch Kobe and learn. Now the NBA is as stacked as anytime and every position group guys can handle shoot dribble pass. It's amazing to see
Facts 100% in 50 years with all that plus the new PEDs your going to have dudes dunking from the 3 point line lmao.

Advertisement
Floyd's chin is criminally underrated. Zab caught him as well, but in the end his boxing IQ, defense, stamina and chin make him virtually unbeatable.
Exactly. Its not even that his chin is granite, its good, but not GOAT levels, but he recovers from shots so quick because of his stamina.

Yeah but Maidana had an excellent counter for that straight right in their 2nd fight. Baited Floyd with a straight left, Floyd threw the lead right, and Maidana connects with a straight right. If Maidana had at least 20 seconds left in the round Floyd's "O" was in trouble:

No doubt. Not saying its the best of all time or anything. Its just something people don't give him credit for. People always say "he hits like a ***** and just runs away all fight", but if that was the case his opponents would just smother him like they do paulie malignaggi.

Wasn’t peak shane but still prime imo he ended up having great wins afterwards. Either way it proves the dumb **** about floyd waiting until he got old wrong
IMO Floyd caught a lot of guys right before the wheels came off. They were at the end of their peak and he shoved their assess right off the cliff. His resume is a who’s who from the era and all the talk about ducking, being a defensive fighter, and personal hate doesn’t change the fact he’s the greatest boxer of this century so far and up there with the all time kings of the sweet science.

Zab ain't catch em' like Maidana Bro. Now Zab probably stunned em', but Zab didn't have Floyd walking back to the corner like a drunk.

Advertisement
Guys might catch him with a shot, but look at the cumulative number of shots Judah hit him with, not many. Fight fans live wars and Floyd was Sun Tzu tier tactician and strategist who got guys to open up and punished them.

This is one of the falsest narratives of all time. Guys who he hit say it’s bull****. Once his hands turned to glass he cut his power punch out put but he still hit hard.

Dude, did you read the piece? One guy talks about punch placement, and other talks about quickness. It's one dude who says "his hands turned to glass". What at age 23? Because after that, he ko'd like, 8 people for the rest of his career.

Of course, bro. They are all on drugs. Every gym I have went to, every high level guy was on some sort of PED. Its so easy to beat the test. Remember when Neil ARmstrong was one of the most drug tested athletes in the world and he never failed a test once. His own teamates talked about doping up and passing the tests. Drugs are even harder to find today than they were in his day.

I agree though, athletes always get better 100%. Thats why records are constantly being broken. If your just straight up talking if every boxer from all time fought each other who would win, it would be a modern guy for sure.
I hate to say it but Floyd was clean for sure he seemed like a legit honest ****, dudes like that that speak like him that aint scared to say things on camera keep it real. Thats one thing IMO he was clean and i respect that he called out other cats for cheating cause it needed to be brought to light.

Facts 100% in 50 years with all that plus the new PEDs your going to have dudes dunking from the 3 point line lmao.
dead *** space jam nba jam ****, they mightas well legalize it for sports to make the playing field equal. It aint fair for the people that play fair and money and jobs are on the line people taking food from families like that.

Advertisement
Dude, did you read the piece? One guy talks about punch placement, and other talks about quickness. It's one dude who says "his hands turned to glass". What at age 23? Because after that, he ko'd like, 8 people for the rest of his career.

I’ll take a welterweight champs word on the topic.

Spence: I've seen him stop guys in the gym with 16-ounce gloves. Bigger guys. He just beats them up. In his young career, you saw how he was knocking guys out. But now he's got hand problems, so he's not turning with it all the way, 
not putting 100 percent power into his punches. But he can punch hard. That's why a lot of guys, when he hits them, 
they start backing up or go on defense. They're not just walking through his punches. You haven't seen anybody who's walking through his punches. Even Marcos Maidana started backing up when Floyd started coming forward.

dead *** space jam nba jam ****, they mightas well legalize it for sports to make the playing field equal. It aint fair for the people that play fair and money and jobs are on the line people taking food from families like that.
Lmao facts 100% its not fair at all for the guys that play by the rules.

Advertisement
Tell me that in 5 years when he goes bankrupt. This guys a scum bag. Sugar ray all day over this dbag

Hmmm a real fortune teller? Or is it just HATER wishful thinking?

An IF he doesn't what then?

IF you really can tell the future....You gotta tell us when we'll finally win the ACC outright. That's something everyone here really cares about.

Never knew NASA's drug testing policy/enforcement was so lax.

Ya because you don't know schit about boxing. Answer truthfully. How long have been watching boxing for? How many fights do you watch a year? Have you ever competed? Do you have a blue book?
Man to man no I don’t watch the sport a lot, I’ve never boxed. But to call someone who is undefeated over rated is kinda absurd imo

Man to man no I don’t watch the sport a lot, I’ve never boxed. But to call someone who is undefeated over rated is kinda absurd imo
That is because you don't watch the sport. If you look at it from a football perspective than it would make sense that you would think that way.

The reason he is overated is because people come in and say he is the greatest of all time. So you can be really good while not being the GOAT. Rocky Marciano was also undefeated and you can't have 2 GOATs. So at least one of them is going to be overrated.

Now realistically both of them are very overrated. Floyd fought in a weak time period and only had 49 fights against boxers. He had 1 against McGregor which makes him 50-0. Its like Notre Dame having all those wins in the early 1900s. There was no competition back then. Their undefeated seasons are nowhere near as impressive as modern day ones.

Willie Pep for instance, fought in a much harder time period and went 229-11. During that time period he went 62-0 when he first started out, so if he retired then he could have been the GOAT according to some peoples definitions of it. He then lost then went 72-0-1 in hs next 73 matches. That is just one example there are a lot of guys who would have went undefeated if they did what Floyd did.

Advertisement
Back