Floyd Mayweather at the U.

Nah real boxing fans know floyds greatness isn’t questionable and nice way to move the goal post. Manny didn’t want random drug testing because its cheating and u know what proved who caused the long wait? Manny ended up agreeing to random drug testing years later 😂😂😂😂😂😂
When did Manny ever fail a drug test? When it comes to PEDs, you are still living in Walt Disney land. Floyd Mayweather never won a fight without being doped. And by the way, drugs like HGH, are administered in the long run to help with masking and strength. And masking is still light years ahead of testing.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Nah, idk someone that’s never lost a fight, and you’re trying to say they’re over rated. Not buying it.
Ya because you don't know schit about boxing. Answer truthfully. How long have been watching boxing for? How many fights do you watch a year? Have you ever competed? Do you have a blue book?

Advertisement
I am explaining that how you invest your retirement savings is very different from how the wealthy invest their money. Your first paragraph is very telling regarding your understanding of investing.

If I was worth half a billion dollars and had a poor education. The last thing I would waste my time doing is going back and taking ******* middle school classes lmao. I would just keep passively investing my money and enjoying life to the fullest.

Maybe we see the world differently, but when you are at Floyd's wealth level, you can fix past wrongs in a way most people can't. I'd be embarrassed if I were Floyd and it was known the world over I couldn't read. I would have a problem with 50 and others clowning me about it, and want to do something about it. Floyd could easily afford to hire the best tutor in the world and take a couple of months of intensive reading classes. He could then come out and completely obliterate these idiots by taking 50 up on his "Challenge" and also serving to show that he's not only a champ in the ring, but he's a man that won't take ish off anyone.

Something u could do for any fighter. Floyd is one of the best all time just people don't like his bravado and swag. I don't like it but he be telling facts...I like people that spit the real **** so I respect that. Best defensive fighter I ever seen. Best eyes....best shoulder roll....best torso movement speed.....great footwork.......makes u fight his pace......good power to keep bullies off of him even Canelo felt it cause he couldn't see it.....and Canelo fought a crusty old Floyd. Floyd is great it's just people don't like him out the ring so that clouds his in the ring accomplishments. Same like they try to do with UM

Maybe we see the world differently, but when you are at Floyd's wealth level, you can fix past wrongs in a way most people can't. I'd be embarrassed if I were Floyd and it was known the world over I couldn't read. I would have a problem with 50 and others clowning me about it, and want to do something about it. Floyd could easily afford to hire the best tutor in the world and take a couple of months of intensive reading classes. He could then come out and completely obliterate these idiots by taking 50 up on his "Challenge" and also serving to show that he's not only a champ in the ring, but he's a man that won't take ish off anyone.
I understand where your coming from and that is a totally reasonable way to handle it, but I don't think Mayweather really cares what people think of him. If he did he would have fought a lot more times instead of ducking tons of opponents and allowing everyone to question his 0. I think Mayweather just wants to enjoy his life to the fullest. And spending time learning to read is just a waste of time to him. I agree though, personally if I was getting clowned non stop, I would maybe learn to read to shut them up, but Mayweather doesn't seem to care in the slightest what anyone thinks of him.

Something u could do for any fighter. Floyd is one of the best all time just people don't like his bravado and swag. I don't like it but he be telling facts...I like people that spit the real **** so I respect that. Best defensive fighter I ever seen. Best eyes....best shoulder roll....best torso movement speed.....great footwork.......makes u fight his pace......good power to keep bullies off of him even Canelo felt it cause he couldn't see it.....and Canelo fought a crusty old Floyd. Floyd is great it's just people don't like him out the ring so that clouds his in the ring accomplishments. Same like they try to do with UM
See this is a reasonable take. Not surprised since I know you know your boxing. Anyone saying mayweather isn't one of the greats doesn't know schit about boxing, just like the guys that say Mayweather is the GOAT don't know schit. You used the key word "one of" which is exactly what he is. One of the greats.
People don't realize mayweathers power really scares away the smothering type opponents. Every single guy goes in expecting to smother and bully PBF, then after one straight right they back off the rest of the fight. I give the best defensive crown to Pernell Whitaker, but Mayweather is up there IMO.

Advertisement

That fight was a straight up robbery. It's one thing if you want to call it close, but the judges gave it to Mayweather by a large margin.

As a boxer, I'm not a fan. As a person, same thing.

Quality boxer for sure. Top 10 of all time or even 20, not for me. Great defensive fighter, but jabby guy with a mad backpedal. Had he gone forward more, then he'd likely move up in my book. Still impressive to never really slip, get knocked, in that many fights. That's one **** of an accomplishment in and of itself.

See this is a reasonable take. Not surprised since I know you know your boxing. Anyone saying mayweather isn't one of the greats doesn't know schit about boxing, just like the guys that say Mayweather is the GOAT don't know schit. You used the key word "one of" which is exactly what he is. One of the greats.
People don't realize mayweathers power really scares away the smothering type opponents. Every single guy goes in expecting to smother and bully PBF, then after one straight right they back off the rest of the fight. I give the best defensive crown to Pernell Whitaker, but Mayweather is up there IMO.
Pernell was amazing. The thing is it's like judging teams of the past with current ones. As I get older I think controlling eras is more impressive. Like PPF controlled his era and dominated it same like bama they controlled this era like no other.....it's impressive af no matter who they played or fought against. Bama will never play the 01 canes so we don't know it's just guess work same like Floyd vs Sugar it's all guess work. We will never truly know.

Advertisement
Pernell was amazing. The thing is it's like judging teams of the past with current ones. As I get older I think controlling eras is more impressive. Like PPF controlled his era and dominated it same like bama they controlled this era like no other.....it's impressive af no matter who they played or fought against. Bama will never play the 01 canes so we don't know it's just guess work same like Floyd vs Sugar it's all guess work. We will never truly know.
That is a fact,but you also have to factor in the competition. Like you can't say Notre Dame of Michigan was the GOAT because they controlled their era when they were playing boys and girls clubs in 1905 lmao.

But its even harder to compare across eras because of all the new training, drugs, techniques, etc. they have today. Like ezzard charles for instance you put him up against artur beterbiev in a time machine, Artur is going to destroy him. But if Ezzard was born in 1997 trained like Artur did, had access to the same PEDs, learned the modern techniques. Ezzard is probably going to literally kill Artur lol.

That is a fact,but you also have to factor in the competition. Like you can't say Notre Dame of Michigan was the GOAT because they controlled their era when they were playing boys and girls clubs in 1905 lmao.

But its even harder to compare across eras because of all the new training, drugs, techniques, etc. they have today. Like ezzard charles for instance you put him up against artur beterbiev in a time machine, Artur is going to destroy him. But if Ezzard was born in 1997 trained like Artur did, had access to the same PEDs, learned the modern techniques. Ezzard is probably going to literally kill Artur lol.
The one thing I like about Floyd is he calls out cheaters. He's right about the steroid scene in the boxing undergrounds. Trust me alot of these cats cheating. Canelo I believe was doing it for GGG cause that man was too strong for him. Pac was on it everyone knew in the underground world. Floyd's best asset is stamina.....Errol Spence has that gift......12th round Floyd is first round Floyd u get the same energy every round. Str8 machine like. I'm always in the camp of humanity and talent gets better always across all sports. So the next era Floyd when he arrives will be most impressive. Same like I believe UM is headed.....we will challenge those 01 canes within ten years I believe.

@OriginalGatorHater your right those ND teams were beating up on trash type talent at that time. They still did it though. Talent always gets better cause kids watch Jordan (like Kobe) and then kids watch Kobe and learn. Now the NBA is as stacked as anytime and every position group guys can handle shoot dribble pass. It's amazing to see

Every single guy goes in expecting to smother and bully PBF, then after one straight right they back off the rest of the fight.

Yeah but Maidana had an excellent counter for that straight right in their 2nd fight. Baited Floyd with a straight left, Floyd threw the lead right, and Maidana connects with a straight right. If Maidana had at least 20 seconds left in the round Floyd's "O" was in trouble:

Advertisement
Back