Flowers

As the Iggles being my NFL team.... Please Giants.... Keep him a few more years. 😂😂😂

Fr, how come he was never tried as a road grading guard? And have a tackle who can help mask his pass blocking, or blocking deficiencies?
He doesnt seem strong whatsoever and the tackle they signed didnt do well either, u cant sign those Patriot guys when its like a 2 second and throw scheme.

Advertisement
Not agile and not smart. Not the best combination.

Kind of difficult to look at him now and not wonder how he was ever a first round pick. Can't bend or adjust. Similar with Greg Robinson, who was drafted much higher than Flowers (one year earlier) but has bounced around the league and now is with Cleveland. Robinson looks like a stiff athlete also.

Flowers actually puts in the effort during the offseason and during camp, according to Giants coaches and teammates. That's my second favorite team so I check their forums from time to time. The complaint is basic lack of ability, and frustration that nobody on the roster is a competent replacement.

Giants fans expect Flowers to be dumped after this season.

And lately it certainly is true that this site has hyped draft positioning as indication we underachieved under Golden, without going back to see how those players actually fared in the league.

I was wondering that when he was drafted.

Flowers is a reminder that when the draft community reaches consensus that a Cane is overrated they're probably right. His technique was awful at Miami and he got abused by every good pass rusher he faced. Working hard does not equal working smart.

Can you think any of our other first rounders that were worse? The guy literally couldn't cover anyone in the NFL. He was a massive liability so they tried to move him to safety and that didn't work out either.

Good question. Rumph and Flowers were overrated by NFL scouts.

Based on expectations McKinney was a bigger bust. I remember how he abused Dwight Freeney in 2001. He may have played and made some money, but he could have been a HOF player.

Always chuckle at these bust posts. I guarantee most of the kids mentioned have done more with their lives then the chumps calling them busts. TheChosenOne? You’re a clown. No way you are even close to being at the top of any profession. You act like a world class ***** in game day threads. ******* keyboard all-Americans ****ting on people who have excelled at levels you couldn’t imagine. Chump.

Go Canes!

Dude is still struggling

It's only a matter of time before he gets benched or released at this point

He's in the last year of his rookie contract. He won't be released. If he improves his attitude, he'll play 10 more years - such is the paucity of tackles in the league.

Advertisement
Always chuckle at these bust posts. I guarantee most of the kids mentioned have done more with their lives then the chumps calling them busts. TheChosenOne? You’re a clown. No way you are even close to being at the top of any profession. You act like a world class ***** in game day threads. ******* keyboard all-Americans ****ting on people who have excelled at levels you couldn’t imagine. Chump.

Go Canes!

Was TheChosenOne rated as one of the top coming into his profession? Otherwise your point is invalid.

Good question. Rumph and Flowers were overrated by NFL scouts.

Based on expectations McKinney was a bigger bust. I remember how he abused Dwight Freeney in 2001. He may have played and made some money, but he could have been a HOF player.

I mean at least he was a good player in the NFL and actually made the pro bowl once. Imagine picking up Rumph as your 1st round pick and it turns out the guy can't cover anyone. He literally can't do the single most important thing a CB needs.

Duke tested better than freeman at everything at the combine. Freeman is playing in that zone scheme which is what duke played in at miami. Its one cut and get upfield.
Not to mention Mr Reed and the other three 1st round picks in that secondary.
They were good on there own though and Reed was **** good, u can cover up mistakes with a savage front 7 just like what LSU did to us, guys were wide open but there front and our qb did us dirt.

Advertisement
Flowers wasnt a no talent lucky draft. For whatever reason he's struggling with the Giants maybe he does need to go to another team. In any case its sad af to see people basically saying all our recent drafted players are bums. Im not gonna be like all our players are hall of famers or nothing like that but i read some real hater-aid. Sad

Go Canes!
Why are you on here rating posters? Are you the top poster in the world?

Flowers wasnt a no talent lucky draft. For whatever reason he's struggling with the Giants maybe he does need to go to another team. In any case its sad af to see people basically saying all our recent drafted players are bums. Im not gonna be like all our players are hall of famers or nothing like that but i read some real hater-aid. Sad
There not bumbs there just not the quality we used to put out its a huge drop off the new generation canes

Advertisement
That's all I kept hearing.

"They're going to be a beast once they get some real NFL corching."

and only one has gone on to be any good or have any major role on the team (Linder).

As for Duke, I love Duke, but the Browns have been drafting RB after RB so clearly they don't think Duke is that great.

The NFL is a 2-RB league now. If the Browns didn't think Duke was great, they wouldn't have re-signed him.

Duke's also misused in Cleveland. Njoku hasn't gotten the opportunity to do much there either in his short time there.

Ereck Flowers was young when he went into the league. I think he was 20 years old but after seeing him trip a defensive lineman... sheesh

Only the dumbest Homer's thought Flowers or Dorsett were 1st round players. Neither was a particularly good college player. Flowers was an above average tackle and Dorsett was a one trick pony.

You can't be too mad at a player your team reached on.

Advertisement
Dorsett was a bust but it wasn't his fault. It was the Colts fault drafting him 2-3 rounds higher than he ever should have been taken. Fell for the speed just like the Bears with Kevin White and the Ravens with Breshad Perriman. They all only went 1st round because of their 40s and they all have sucked.

I never say this about Canes, but as a Giants fan this bum needs to be cut ASAP. The guy ******* SUCKS! This guy is the second biggest bust in Canes history. Right behind Rumph. Just hearing his name ****es me off.
Gmen fan and I've always said he ain't a tackle. Not his fault he was told to come out and would be drafted. Gmen did some dumb **** but should have moved him to guard immediately.

I mean at least he was a good player in the NFL and actually made the pro bowl once. Imagine picking up Rumph as your 1st round pick and it turns out the guy can't cover anyone. He literally can't do the single most important thing a CB needs.

I hear ya. McKinney should have had a HOF career like Johnathan Ogden.

But yeah, Rumph was a total bust. He didn't make a lot of big plays in college. I don't know what NFL teams saw to take him first round.

Advertisement
Back