Florida State -LSU Game Thread

Mario has recruited significantly better than Norvell, and it's likely that barring another terrible season, Mario will manage to outrecruit him again. People also forget that a lot of guys that made plays Friday were youngsters.
Norvell will have to live in the portal again next year even if they have a top 10 class. Most of those recruits won't contribute in 2024 and if they do, then they’ve failed in the portal.

Their offensive line recruiting has been atrocious. They'll be breaking in an inexperienced QB unless they go portal for experience. They’ll have to find OL bodies as well.

Mario is building a program. Norvell is living in portal free agency year to year.

Advertisement
Jayden Daniels 2022 stats, 3,000 passing yards 17 TDs 3 INTs. 68.6 completion percentage. Ran for 900 yards and another 11 TDs. Yeah, he sucks.
He’s 11-22 tonight. He had a horrible start to the season last year and then turned it on.

He’s not great but he’s much improved.

Just checking in now. After that impressive 1st series, FSU offense came back down to earth and has look pedestrian. Dawson has to love their defensive back 7, they've been porous. Seems like they don't handle motion or misdirection well at all.

Advertisement
Fear no… concern yes. Gotta contain Travis or he’ll be a problem. And we’re going to need the Brown brothers to play lights outs on their receiver core.

But f’em anyway!!!
The biggest thing is getting a pass rush. When LSU has gotten pressure, Travis has made really bad decisions. He should have 2 ints in this game.

Simply put, whe need to dominate the trenches on both sides of the ball.

Probably already brought up as I didn’t read all of the pages but where is Hakeem Williams and Jalen Brown?

I may of missed it but I haven’t seen them yet…..
Good points. I don’t think it’s been brought up.

I haven’t seen them tonight. Both are listed as 3rd string in their depth charts.

Advertisement
Jayden Daniels 2022 stats, 3,000 passing yards 17 TDs 3 INTs. 68.6 completion percentage. Ran for 900 yards and another 11 TDs. Yeah, he sucks.
Throws a nice ball. I think a couple misses tonight we’re likely just adrenaline but as long as he stops jumping he’ll be fine

Advertisement
That play right there shows why they need to spy Travis…sending 4 won’t get to him cause he just takes off..

Just checking in now. After that impressive 1st series, FSU offense came back down to earth and has look pedestrian. Dawson has to love their defensive back 7, they've been porous. Seems like they don't handle motion or misdirection well at all.
I don’t watch much FSU but didn’t Norvell have a pretty **** good record of his scripted plays? I could be misremembering

One thing not sure we talked a lot about Saturday was our TDs on both opening drives which probably been 20 years since that happened it feels like 😂

Advertisement
Norvell will have to live in the portal again next year even if they have a top 10 class. Most of those recruits won't contribute in 2024 and if they do, then they’ve failed on the portal.

Their offensive line recruiting has been atrocious. They'll be breaking in an inexperienced QB unless they go portal for experience. They’ll have to find OL bodies as well.

Mario is building a program. Norvell is living in portal free agency year to year.
Exactly.

Norvell is a better schematic coach than Mario, but when it comes to program building, it's obvious that Mario has a sound strategy, that is not only sustainable, it's been proven to work at multiple places. If you are living and dying in the portal, you are basically doomed to chasing after better programs. You can't win titles this way, the programs that win, develop talent and have a pipeline. They use the portal to fill in gaps and add proven depth.

Advertisement
Back