Florida State -LSU Game Thread

I like your post. I think the LSU DC called a horrible game. I don't know how you leave the best receiver on the field in 1 v 1 with no safety help time after time. Even when LSU only rushed 3, they provided no safety help on Coleman and paid the price every time. This was some stupid **** that Steele did to us last year.

LSU should have doubled Coleman and forced someone else to beat them. For 3/4 of the game, FSU couldn't run the ball. There was no reason to bring the safeties up and they should have taken Coleman out of the game. The outcome may have been different.

I will bet anyone that Dabo doesn't play Coleman 1 v 1 with no safety help. Clemson has always been good at neutralizing your best players and forcing you to beat them with other guys. This is what Miami should do when we play FSU. I'd leave JW at safety and play him deep. Have him double Coleman and swat every 50/50 ball that Travis throws to him. This will allow the corner to play tight coverage underneath and even bait Travis into some bad decisions.
Whats even worse is sometimes they had him matchup with a safety who had on a cowboy collar, that alone is a fireable offense, even LB dont wear cowboy collars anymore.. lol..

The thing with defense is you only have soo many resources, unless you are stacked like UGA/Bama.. You have to allocate your resources somewhere, you double Coleman, but can you also spy the QB, who is gonna cover the 6'7 WR, Jaheim Bell will get integrated in the offense more, do you have the horses up front to plug up all their run scheme stuff without dropping a safety, they have one of better run games and their RB is a horse who breaks alot of tackles, etc. That is VERY tough for ALOT of defenses to defend. And all the talent is veterans with many games under their belt, so your defense needs to be also. They start like 8-9 transfers

Advertisement
When you win and have the track record they have had with portal guys they will get someone who is at least serviceable
Rodenmaker's a pretty solid QB, their offense didn't miss a beat with Him in the Spring game. And He led FSU to a win last year when Travis got knocked out of the Louisville game.
Can almost guarantee rodenmaker won’t be their starter next year their writers saying he’s in comp for the backup job with Glenn transfer qb is happening

Whats even worse is sometimes they had him matchup with a safety who had on a cowboy collar, that alone is a fireable offense, even LB dont wear cowboy collars anymore.. lol..

The thing with defense is you only have soo many resources, unless you are stacked like UGA/Bama.. You have to allocate your resources somewhere, you double Coleman, but can you also spy the QB, who is gonna cover the 6'7 WR, Jaheim Bell will get integrated in the offense more, do you have the horses up front to plug up all their run scheme stuff without dropping a safety, they have one of better run games and their RB is a horse who breaks alot of tackles, etc. That is VERY tough for ALOT of defenses to defend. And all the talent is veterans with many games under their belt, so your defense needs to be also. They start like 8-9 transfers
LSU had the FSU run game shut down for 3 quarters while Coleman was doing damage. You make adjustments during the game and the LSU never did. They let Coleman go off. That should have been the 1st thing they took away.

1693927756284.jpeg

Advertisement
The funny **** here is not a nam one of y'all who al off season swore by this *** clown Kelly will say a word now. Like anyone with a brain knows Brian Kelly is a corch who consistently wasted the most talent across the board throughout college football. Congrats LSU you gave all that money to a dude who's scared of his own shadow.

From what I recall (at least I felt this way), the consensus was that Kelly was a good coach (his track record shows this) but he has a ceiling. Many of us called his hiring at LSU an AWFUL cultural fit. Once the fans start turning on him, you'll see his true colors.

Word on the LSU boards is that he's even removed music from the lockeroom going back to last year. 🤷‍♂️

From what I recall (at least I felt this way), the consensus was that Kelly was a good coach (his track record shows this) but he has a ceiling. Many of us called his hiring at LSU an AWFUL cultural fit. Once the fans start turning on him, you'll see his true colors.

Word on the LSU boards is that he's even removed music from the lockeroom going back to last year. 🤷‍♂️
I definitely don't fall into that consensus. Maybe I just know too many background stories. But he's the epitome of a corch in my eyes. Stats don't always tell you a full story. Do you think emmit Smith is the best running back in the history of the NFL?

I definitely don't fall into that consensus. Maybe I just know too many background stories. But he's the epitome of a corch in my eyes. Stats don't always tell you a full story. Do you think emmit Smith is the best running back in the history of the NFL?

I called him a “good coach”. I don’t think that’s a stretch, do you?

Advertisement
I called him a “good coach”. I don’t think that’s a stretch, do you?
Yes I do. Or maybe it just depends how it's defined. Good as in top 10 or higher like he's being paid than I'd say yeah that's a stretch. Call it a homer or anything else people want but 10 out of 10 if I need my program built to a standard I'll take Mario over him. What is his standard? 9 win teams regularly? Doesn't matter. For me I'm just gonna see things the way I do when it relates to him. But I respect the opinions of people who look at his record yet are incapable of applying context. That's just not me.

Kind of wild how late in the game it was still tied 17-17

What's kind of wild is how the media and OUR fanbase has turned them into juggernauts. When LSU should've walked away with that game. LSU left atleast 21 points on the field simply by pure stupidity. I guess the other teams stupidity means fspoo is amazing. Games like this will just build their confidence and that will make them far tougher though.

Advertisement
I'm curious if your opinion has changed, LSU offense looks pretty good to me (also good numbers). What is it? Mid OC bailed out by elite QB play or Denbrock is actually good?
Take a look how his Offenses looked at Notre Dame & compare it to how it is now.

What's the one key difference between the 2?

Take a look how his Offenses looked at Notre Dame & compare it to how it is now.

What's the one key difference between the 2?
QB obv

but can it be enough? I mean they are putting up historical numbers. WRs are eating, I see playmakers in space and good TE play. It’s Daniels but he’s not alone and what about the progress JD made from year to year? He showed flashes before but he has been playing on another level since this season, he wasn't a Caleb Williams-type of player from an immediate impact standpoint.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back