Florida State -LSU Game Thread

Who spies Jordan Travis all night long on our D? We have our best possible guy in space there, and DL goes ham, and I don’t think it’s a gimme for them at all.
Im guessing they mix it up Bissainthe, James Williams and such.. But would love to see Bobby Washington and his closing speed spy also.. But the thing that makes Travis a pain in *** isnt his ability to take off its also the added ability to be elusive as **** in open field, one guy will rarely get him down, it will need to be a team effort to surround him and get him down..

Advertisement
Canes fanbase sees Miami handle a quality G5 Team: “WERE BACK!!!!!”

Canes fanbase sees FSU dog walk a top 5 LSU team: “LSU SUCKS! FSU didn’t do anything special it was all LSU incompetence”

Canes fanbase 1 month prior to the game:
“They didn’t beat any good teams last year. LSU is going to dog walk them.”

**** cracks me up
mouth breather.gif

I want fspoo to lose every freaking game. I don’t care. But I also know that if we take care of business in recruiting and keep a good staff around (like currently?) then we will beat those idiots. They were good during our runs and guess what? We beat ‘em. A lot of their success came when we were floundering under golden

Advertisement
Im guessing they mix it up Bissainthe, James Williams and such.. But would love to see Bobby Washington and his closing speed spy also.. But the thing that makes Travis a pain in *** isnt his ability to take off its also the added ability to be elusive as **** in open field, one guy will rarely get him down, it will need to be a team effort to surround him and get him down..
I was thinking Williams but Bobby is an intriguing idea. I think closing speed needs to be one of the biggest factors. Even if he’s not able to take him down solo often, you need to get hands in this guys face so he doesn’t just pick us apart on the run.

FSU has 1 more tough game left on the schedule… Beat Clemson and then just don’t choke…

They’ll be sitting in the playoff hunt all season…

Nah, I think Elko and Duke can take a pound of flesh. They play Pittsburgh the week before us; it could be a trap game if they take pitt lightly looking ahead to us.

Canes fanbase sees Miami handle a quality G5 Team: “WERE BACK!!!!!”

Canes fanbase sees FSU dog walk a top 5 LSU team: “LSU SUCKS! FSU didn’t do anything special it was all LSU incompetence”

Canes fanbase 1 month prior to the game:
“They didn’t beat any good teams last year. LSU is going to dog walk them.”

**** cracks me up

Both teams are on similar tracks… wait until next year…

….When we are good

….When they lose players and aren’t good

Fan is short for fanatic

Advertisement
Fsu lost to NC State last year even though their starter was out and a qb with no threat of a forward Pass filled in. Yes Fsu is good but they are far from invincible , they sleep walk quite a bit and have an arrogance even though they never won crap.
Hey we can’t overlook that big bowl win against Oklahoma.

I mean, sure they had like 9 of their starters sit out, lost 59-0 to Texas, and went 6-6. But big win right…

Also, that LSU team is an 8-4/9-3 squad. Not a bad team, but not elite by any stretch of the imagination.

Advertisement
Suck their ***** all you guys want. LSU should have won that game. A solid team will 100% convert inside the red zone.

FSU should have been down BIG going into the half, and lost.

Kelly ****ed up. His OL ****ed up, and they need to live with that.

Last thing I'll be doing is felating this team online.

They get no props. **** them.

Advertisement
Unless he’s already come to terms with Malik Murphy.
I don't get the infatuation this board has with Maalik Murphy. Yes, he has all the physical talent and he's a freak athlete. It doesn't automatically make him a great QB. Same as Jaccuri.

He's an unproven QB who will have very little experience going into next year whether he decides to transfer or not. I see him in the same light as Jaccuri. He will have less games played than Jacurri.

Also, Murphy has won the backup QB job to Ewers. So, he's not likely to transfer because Sark will have a QB competition with Manning all the way thru fall camp and name the starter just before week 1.

Best case Murphy transfers for the 2025 season. So, Prison Mike will need to look elsewhere.

Last edited:
Fsu lost to NC State last year even though their starter was out and a qb with no threat of a forward Pass filled in. Yes Fsu is good but they are far from invincible , they sleep walk quite a bit and have an arrogance even though they never won crap.
100%. They are good but not invincible, not even close.

Play last night's game 10 times and they probably split victories.

A good passing team will be able to EAT on them I think, I didnt see many plays made by their DBs and LSU left TONS of plays on the field with wide open drops. Daniels cooked them for 347 yards, they moved the ball up n down but their oline couldnt run the ball and they couldnt convert on 4th down. 0-3 from what I remember. I think all 3 in scoring position.

The thing FSU front looks very strong and they seemed deep also, multiple players made plays and many qbs cant move like Daniels. But FSU offense will cover up for alot of that because they have many weapons that most teams just cant account for and even if they can, their qb can extend plays. Once their offense got on track in second qtr they scored on every drive, last drive in 2nd qtr and every drive in 2nd half. Even on 1st and 25 they still find ways to get first. You look at their drive chart and it went, TD, FG, TD, TD, TD, TD..

Most teams just wont be able to matchup, they made LSU look like they couldnt matchup.. We will see what Clemson does, and I think we actually do matchup decent enough but all those other guys, would need some breaks or maybe injury for things to line up
I like your post. I think the LSU DC called a horrible game. I don't know how you leave the best receiver on the field in 1 v 1 with no safety help time after time. Even when LSU only rushed 3, they provided no safety help on Coleman and paid the price every time. This was some stupid **** that Steele did to us last year.

LSU should have doubled Coleman and forced someone else to beat them. For 3/4 of the game, FSU couldn't run the ball. There was no reason to bring the safeties up and they should have taken Coleman out of the game. The outcome may have been different.

I will bet anyone that Dabo doesn't play Coleman 1 v 1 with no safety help. Clemson has always been good at neutralizing your best players and forcing you to beat them with other guys. This is what Miami should do when we play FSU. I'd leave JW at safety and play him deep. Have him double Coleman and swat every 50/50 ball that Travis throws to him. This will allow the corner to play tight coverage underneath and even bait Travis into some bad decisions.

I don't get the infatuation this board has with Maalik Murphy. Yes, he has all the physical talent and he's a freak athlete. It doesn't automatically make him a great QB. Same as Jaccuri.

He's an unproven QB who will have very little experience going into next year whether he decides to transfer or not. I see him in the same light as Jaccuri. He will have less games played than Jacurri.

Also, Murphy has won the backup QB job to Ewers. So, he's likely not to transfer because Sark will have a QB competition with Manning all the way thru fall camp and name the starter just before week 1.

Best case Murphy transfers for the 2025 season. So, Prison Mike will need to look elsewhere.
I hope Mike fails miserably.

Advertisement
Back