Florida State -LSU Game Thread

So the whole board had Lsu dog walking them but since it was the other way around “ Lsu sucks“ lol. It’s only one year but they’re a very good team. It’s not sucking their **** if you’re honest. There’s no dominant team this year so who knows what they can do but I doubt they win a natty.

That said Fsu and their fans better enjoy this team.

Advertisement
For the many fans who hate FSU and Norvell I say this. FSU and Norvell have done a remarkable turning the team around in a very postive direction. Somany blind haters here pertaining Jordan Travis. Say whatever you want but I would take him in a heartbeat. Over the years he has progressed into a Heisman candidate and he make things happen to say the least. I dislike FSU and the warchat just as much as anyone else here. It would not surprise me if Jordan Travis stays healthy FSU will be in the playoffs. As far as last night is concerned I couldn't more happier that Brian Kelly lost last night. LSU paid way too much and he made crucial decisions that cost his teams points last night. Love the ACC beating up on the SEC. We are going to do the same thing this weekend! GO CANES

I think that defense is going to get them in trouble in some games.
A good passing team will be able to EAT on them I think, I didnt see many plays made by their DBs and LSU left TONS of plays on the field with wide open drops. Daniels cooked them for 347 yards, they moved the ball up n down but their oline couldnt run the ball and they couldnt convert on 4th down. 0-3 from what I remember. I think all 3 in scoring position.

The thing FSU front looks very strong and they seemed deep also, multiple players made plays and many qbs cant move like Daniels. But FSU offense will cover up for alot of that because they have many weapons that most teams just cant account for and even if they can, their qb can extend plays. Once their offense got on track in second qtr they scored on every drive, last drive in 2nd qtr and every drive in 2nd half. Even on 1st and 25 they still find ways to get first. You look at their drive chart and it went, TD, FG, TD, TD, TD, TD..

Most teams just wont be able to matchup, they made LSU look like they couldnt matchup.. We will see what Clemson does, and I think we actually do matchup decent enough but all those other guys, would need some breaks or maybe injury for things to line up

So the whole board had Lsu dog walking them but since it was the other way around “ Lsu sucks“ lol. It’s only one year but they’re a very good team. It’s not sucking their **** if you’re honest. There’s no dominant team this year so who knows what they can do but I doubt they win a natty.

That said Fsu and their fans better enjoy this team.
theyre 1 injury away on each side of the ball from imploding. we dont play them til November
f*ck FSU

Advertisement
You have to get FSU in straight passing situations, because that O-Line can not pass protect to save their ******* life.

I don't know if I buy that. LSU always has one thing, outstanding DT/ DL. Wingo, that dude is a grown *** man. The way he took off on one snap, I'm not sure anyone that big moves that fast in college football. He was one **** of a problem and they started going away from him. LSU is a tough team to gauge how good your OL is.

I don't know if I buy that. LSU always has one thing, outstanding DT/ DL. Wingo, that dude is a grown *** man. The way he took off on one snap, I'm not sure anyone that big moves that fast in college football. He was one **** of a problem and they started going away from him. LSU is a tough team to gauge how good your OL is.
They had key guys out too.

Gonna sound crazy to some , but I wasn’t all that impressed with FSU‘s offensive philosophy. 75% of their explosive gains came from their QB scrambling. That said, there’s no doubt he’s great at creating on the run and will be a major problem this year.

Overall I felt LSU gave that game away in the first half . They gave FSU life, failed to execute in the second half and rolled over late.

My biggest takeaway from this game is…we need a true dual threat QB at the helm.

FSU put up with a developing QB in Travis for several years before reaping the rewards.

And you don’t need to be a Justin Fields, Lamar Jackson, type of guy. You can be a Stetson Bennett, Malik Rosier, type only scrambling when needed but still picking 250-400 yards a season.

We don’t have that in TVD. Or Emory. Jacurri…I’m just not convinced he can be a true passing threat. And we don’t need to suffer waiting for him to develop the way FSU did now that there is the portal.

You obviously can’t change that this year. But next year, go get a true dual threat guy like Michael Pratt.
This is actually something I was thinking about yesterday. In todays game you need a QB who can improvise with his legs. Travis is average at best from within the pocket, but he’s elite at being a playmaker when he’s flushing out. It’s almost impossible to guard as a defense.

Advertisement
Canes fanbase sees Miami handle a quality G5 Team: “WERE BACK!!!!!”

Canes fanbase sees FSU dog walk a top 5 LSU team: “LSU SUCKS! FSU didn’t do anything special it was all LSU incompetence”

Canes fanbase 1 month prior to the game:
“They didn’t beat any good teams last year. LSU is going to dog walk them.”

**** cracks me up

Last edited:
All LsU had to do was play straight-up on the Dline and stop all the stunts. This defense looks just like Mannys. Thriving on the Dline getting tackles for loss with pressure looks and D line stunts, but backers drop back in zone in zone instead of blitzing and just sit playing soft flat foot. Not guarding anyone. Over pursuing with bad angles and not understanding the physics of the game.

Trying to get an athletic Qb off his launch point with twist stunts had to be chosen in spots against certain looks, not all the way up the field.

Those De-DT twist stunts leave the DT as the force edge defender against an athletic QB that can throw on the run...

It clearly wasn't working but they kept running it and ended up wearing the defense down.

Travis makes the most mistakes when in the confines of the pocket. Senseless to stunt him into a scramble all **** game

For the many fans who hate FSU and Norvell I say this. FSU and Norvell have done a remarkable turning the team around in a very postive direction. Somany blind haters here pertaining Jordan Travis. Say whatever you want but I would take him in a heartbeat. Over the years he has progressed into a Heisman candidate and he make things happen to say the least. I dislike FSU and the warchat just as much as anyone else here. It would not surprise me if Jordan Travis stays healthy FSU will be in the playoffs. As far as last night is concerned I couldn't more happier that Brian Kelly lost last night. LSU paid way too much and he made crucial decisions that cost his teams points last night. Love the ACC beating up on the SEC. We are going to do the same thing this weekend! GO CANES

Can’t argue there

Who spies Jordan Travis all night long on our D? We have our best possible guy in space there, and DL goes ham, and I don’t think it’s a gimme for them at all.

Advertisement
They were rushing 3 with a spy, the spy probably being there best pass rusher.

**** if fsu didn't handle kelly and lsu. They're gonna be a problem. I hate to say it but if they keep this **** up recruiting is gonna get a lot easier for them. We better have a good year or we're gonna start to fall behind quickly. Really really need to handle aTm or it's yikes.

I don't see what all the hype is about Verse. Besides that one pressure He got on the QB, He was pretty quiet the rest of the night. Unless the pass rushing prospects aren't that deep this year, I don't see this 1st Rd. pick that everybody's saying He is. Something else I don't see for FSU is a RAC guy on offense, somebody that can turn a short pass into a big gain. Besides that they're a pretty solid team, I see nothing elite.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Are we sure? I think they could potentially get a top-choice QB in the portal given Norvell's track record and current reputation with portal players (If their HS QBs aren't any good).

Also, they have the luxury of having a good/great play-caller as HC and an effective scheme that won't go away. I wouldn't be surprised if they last.
When you win and have the track record they have had with portal guys they will get someone who is at least serviceable

Finding qb’s is pretty hard. Especially a great passer / runner that’s a sixth year veteran who was never good enough to go pro. I mean it could happen but it’s much harder than people think.
fsu going to be a premier destination for a portal qb just hope we are in the game

Advertisement
Back