Florida State -LSU Game Thread

It doesn’t diminish what fsu just did….
We would be blowing loads left and right if we f ing man handled lsu like the noles
Just did
Lets be real!!
Let's be real real!

You're not wrong that we'd probably be banging pots and pans if we just won that game in that fashion.

But it can also be true that Al Golden and Randy Shannon won similar games against Ohio State and Oklahoma that ended up not actually meaning **** too.

So FSU can enjoy this but LSU ain't no top 10 team. Maybe not even top 20. I'm not so sure that TAMU isn't better than them right now.

Advertisement
they beat LSU and won 10 games last yr. stop drinking paint.

Do you remember when we had all the hype and opened up against LSU? tell me what happened?
tell me what happened the yr before when we played Clemson in the championship?
losing by 4 scores to open up against Alabama.
losing by 5 scores to UNC for a championship birth

Florida got 'whooped' and lost by less than 2 TDs. FSU didnt just win. They broke the will of a team that is supposed to be the cream of the crop in the SEC.

While yall are posting gameweek threads about a team that went 5-7 last year talking bout 'maybe we have chance' looool holy ****

LSU was overrated, obviously. FSU was better than I thought but they don't look unstoppable at all. We'll see how Miami does when they go to Tally. To me, it just looks like the top of the ACC is better this year than previous years, including FSU but not limited to them.

Keon Coleman, Johnny Wilson, and Jaheim Bell are a problem.

Full display tonight. Keon Coleman played like there was money on the line.

FSU has big receivers that have to be gameplanned for but I think a better DC gives them problems. They didn't look anything special at the line of scrimmage and they don't look like they have a lot of explosive playmakers. They ran in to an LSU team tonight that was poorly coached and undisciplined, and also very small and not physical enough to roll with FSU.

I also think Mike Norvell's offensive schemes are really good. He outcoached Brian Kelly tonight.

I see a great opportunity for James Williams to live up to his 5 star billing against FSU’s receivers.

bbq-alert-chicken-alert.gif

LSU was overrated, obviously. FSU was better than I thought but they don't look unstoppable at all. We'll see how Miami does when they go to Tally. To me, it just looks like the top of the ACC is better this year than previous years, including FSU but not limited to them.
I'm obviously not an ACC apologist and would leave for the B1G (or SEC) faster than ****ie V jerks off the Cameron Craziessss, baby!!!, but this year could* end up being pretty funny. Might be a situation where the year that the most **** was talked about the ACC ends up as one of its strongest overall performances even beyond the very top of the league.

Advertisement
I wonder how 2017 would have turned out if Kaaya had come back for another season. Rosier was efficient but he wasn't a particularly gifted passer. However, his running ability helped keep the chains moving and the defenses honest. I wonder if would have had a worse record with a considerably better QB or if a big reason we won 10 games with that roster is that Rosiers mobility was what we needed in Richts offense.

I watched some of their games this summer and couldnt stop laughing at us trotting out a fb in iformation.. its no wonder we were losing with NFL talent like Duke, Dorsett, linder, Morris, Walford, Hurns, Henderson, Feliciano, Flowers, Coley, THATS JUST ON OUR OFFENSE!!!! Meanwhile teams like Oregon with Jeff Maehl were lighting up scoreboards and winning...

I swear we in twilight zone.. You just have to laugh..
I remember someone posting years back that all of our starters from the 2014 offense were either starting or backups in the NFL around 2016-2018. We somehow only managed 6 wins smh.

Keon Coleman, Johnny Wilson, and Jaheim Bell are a problem.

Full display tonight. Keon Coleman played like there was money on the line.
I have some Sparty friends that were quite salty tonight as they watched Coleman. I reminded them all the times they said they'd be fine in the NIL era because Mat Ishbia is a "real" billionaire and helped give a boatload of money (that they should've just burned) to Mel Tucker.

Coleman is as good as advertised. He’s a problem.

The FSU DB’s are worse than I thought. If our WR core can pull it together by then, we can torch their DB’s.

Advertisement

Do you remember when we had all the hype and opened up against LSU? tell me what happened?

Florida got 'whooped' and lost by less than 2 TDs. FSU didnt just win. They broke the will of a team that is supposed to be the cream of the crop in the SEC.

While yall are posting gameweek threads about a team that went 5-7 last year talking bout 'maybe we have chance' looool holy ****
I was there to watch most of those games in person. As it stands right now, neither of the other Florida programs are head and shoulders above us. FSU has a little momentum going. Since we’re bringing up old stuff, we’re less than two seasons removed from losing to FSU in tally by 3. Dude Florida got dominated by Utah. Box scores don’t tell you everything. SEC teams are typically overrated to start the season. Folks like you have a hidden agenda but dress it up as being real and wanna be right so bad. I’m not a mope or a slurper but to write the team off before we even get to the heart of our schedule is wild.

Yeah your middle paragraph tells it all. The season is obviously early (and they can drop some bad games) but no one knew if the portal would work/be sustainable or not given how new it was. So it was stupid for people to discount it so much (and seem to still be doing so) since three years of it is now parlaying into better seasons, bigger wins, and now a likely top 10 class for them which is high school based (when people are saying they can’t recruit normally, either). Even when Norvell went 38-15 at Memphis people were saying it was due to what he inherited from Fuentes and the focus was on his cornrows as a player.

I want to beat these guys more than ever before besides the decades of hatred due to your third paragraph. Mario has already worked really hard to flip the roster and worked on correcting his mistakes with coaching hires. I want us to cut off their momentum THIS year which is already crucial given how year 1 went for us. It would be a mega upset, the biggest win this program has seen in a while, and an additional stimulant for additional recruiting and growing trust in Mario.
Not true at all. Lincoln Riley knew. Norvell knew. Saban knew. The difference is the quality of players you pursue. Are you getting a Frank Ladson or a Keon Coleman? Are you getting a Mitchell Agunde or a Jared Verse? We grab duds that are Miami natives.

Last edited:
Advertisement
TVD is built up as NFL QB, I want to see him take over this saturday..
At some point yall will level out your expectations of him and start to see things for what they actually are and start ignoring the hype from our fanbase or others.

Tvd is a good college qb, probably will never be an official starter in the nfl. He is like most good college qbs, they need a system that fits them, good talent around them to mask their limitations so they can succeed. Does that make him bad? No it’s just reality.

Stop expecting him to be something he’s not

Maybe, we can play with the urgency and emotion FSU played with and pull out the dub.

We’re going to have our handful with ANM, but with a good crowd and us planning fast, we can will do it.

It doesn’t diminish what fsu just did….
We would be blowing loads left and right if we f ing man handled lsu like the noles
Just did
Lets be real!!
Absolutely we would. But that doesn't mean you can't acknowledge THIS LSU team is no different from how people used to view beating us in our downyears. Very overrated team that if they weren't in the SEC they would have been some also votes not top five in the country.

Advertisement
would. But that doesn't mean you can't acknowledge THIS LSU team is no different from how people used to view beating us in our downyears. Very overrated team that if they weren't in the SEC they would have been some also votes not top five in the country.
Preseason rankings are and always will be a joke. With transfer portal, NFL draft and regular teen stupidity. Their is 0 chance you can accurately predict top teams each year. That should have been tossed years ago.

Excellent post!

The extremes that some of our fanbase goes to in the attempt to discredit other teams is laughable.

First off, I loathe the Semenholes as much (if not more), than the rest of you on CiS. That, however, does not cloud my judgement, or what should be obvious to any real Canes fan.

They had a great season last year, and they just destroyed a real team, not like our dudes that just manhandled the Ladies of the Poor. F$U looks like a definite problem this season again, and we’ll be fortunate to not get blown out by them again.

Go ahead and neg away. It’s the same **** as the last nearly 20 seasons. ***** corch after ***** corch, and a great portion of our fanbase just goes ahead and slurps the new guy…wash, rinse and repeat.

I really hope that we see great improvement this season. But after last season’s abomination, it’s difficult to believe that Mario will turn this around without getting the very best talent to play for him. He needs to pull out all of the stops this season, and not coach scared. He looked like a deer caught in headlights for much of last season.

Advertisement
Back