Florida State -LSU Game Thread

Advertisement
LSU just looked weak all around… they’re front 7 are big but slow asf, not much athleticism. WRs couldn’t catch a cold even if they wanted too.. and Brian Kelly **** the bed with some his play calls. As much as it sucks, I’ll give it FSU they man-handled LSU.. I see LSU 6-6, 7-5 team as of now
Maason Smith was out and they didn’t let Perkins do his thing. They’ll be fine if they learn to catch.

Advertisement
Yeah your middle paragraph tells it all. The season is obviously early (and they can drop some bad games) but no one knew if the portal would work/be sustainable or not given how new it was. So it was stupid for people to discount it so much (and seem to still be doing so) since threI diae years of it is now parlaying into better seasons, bigger wins, and now a likely top 10 class for them which is high school based (when people are saying they can’t recruit normally, either). Even when Norvell went 38-15 at Memphis people were saying it was due to what he inherited from Fuentes and the focus was on his cornrows as a player.

I want to beat these guys more than ever before besides the decades of hatred due to your third paragraph. Mario has already worked really hard to flip the roster and worked on correcting his mistakes with coaching hires. I want us to cut off their momentum THIS year which is already crucial given how year 1 went for us. It would be a mega upset, the biggest win this program has seen in a while, and an additional stimulant for additional recruiting and growing trust in Mario.
I disagree somewhat. Norvell isn't building a program. .aybe thst changes, but I think he's just been lucky the portal has worked out and Travis has developed after 6 years in college?

Where does he go next year? Yes, back to the portal because he's had recruiting classes of 19, 20, 21, and 23 for the past 4 years.

He'll be breaking on an inexperienced QB or finding experience in the portal. His OL recruiting has been atrocious and he'll have to hit the portal for them as well.

Next year will really show where he has his program because a top 10 class won't help the 2024 season very much. Most freshman are not contributors.

I think OL and QB catch up to him next year.

Sheeet FSU looks pretty good lol. Will be all the better when we get them back in dookie Campbell stadium

Advertisement
Lol. I know Texas is going to the SEC next year, but imagine if they beat Bama also.
I hope they do but really give zero *****, MIAMI HAS A CHANCE TO WIN SATURDAY! THEY BETTER BRING IT! I dont wanna hear none of these podcast guys talking about we still building or whales coming, or any of that BS Future talk.. We better be comin lol..

theyve found another big body wr with strong hands to go with the 6'7 dude who both will catch Travis 50/50 balls.

Their dl is still good..very good.

They have physical backs, and slippery ones.

LSU coached this game terribly...i think Kelly must knew they suck or something cause aint no way...

Been a few months since I have seen coaching that bad. I am not going to say the name of the HC responsible for multiple games that were as bad or worse than this one because I'm all about positivity now.

We are going to need LT to be a force when we play them. We will have to pressure Travis and keep contain. As Travis goes, so goes the offense.
Unless LT has a Gerald Willis vs LSU type of game We'll need more than LT. We'll need our ends to be as disciplined as possible. We'll need our DT to close the pocket as quick as humanly possible. If we're going to Spy we might to put Bobby Washington in with his 4.5 speed to spy Travis.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Yeah your middle paragraph tells it all. The season is obviously early (and they can drop some bad games) but no one knew if the portal would work/be sustainable or not given how new it was. So it was stupid for people to discount it so much (and seem to still be doing so) since three years of it is now parlaying into better seasons, bigger wins, and now a likely top 10 class for them which is high school based (when people are saying they can’t recruit normally, either). Even when Norvell went 38-15 at Memphis people were saying it was due to what he inherited from Fuentes and the focus was on his cornrows as a player.

I want to beat these guys more than ever before besides the decades of hatred due to your third paragraph. Mario has already worked really hard to flip the roster and worked on correcting his mistakes with coaching hires. I want us to cut off their momentum THIS year which is already crucial given how year 1 went for us. It would be a mega upset, the biggest win this program has seen in a while, and an additional stimulant for additional recruiting and growing trust in Mario.

Seems like a great idea to me!

I will forever bet on a great athlete at qb in college, become an average to above average thrower and u can be a star

Dollars to donuts another phenomenal dual threat QB will come out of Hawaii by the end of the decade. If Salave’a is able to land him, I will take back everything I've said about his DT recruiting.

Unless LT has a Gerald Willis vs LSU type of game We'll need more than LT. We'll need our ends to be as disciplined as possible. We'll need our DT to close the pocket as quick as humanly possible. If we're going to Spy we might to put Bobby Washington in with his 4.5 speed to spy Travis.
I agree the entire front seven need to play smart and disciplined. But we need Taylor to live up to that first round pick and five star billing. A game against a rival that is highly ranked would do a lot to help with that.

Advertisement
Back