Florida State -LSU Game Thread

Advertisement
Excellent post!

The extremes that some of our fanbase goes to in the attempt to discredit other teams is laughable.

First off, I loathe the Semenholes as much (if not more), than the rest of you on CiS. That, however, does not cloud my judgement, or what should be obvious to any real Canes fan.

They had a great season last year, and they just destroyed a real team, not like our dudes that just manhandled the Ladies of the Poor. F$U looks like a definite problem this season again, and we’ll be fortunate to not get blown out by them again.

Go ahead and neg away. It’s the same **** as the last nearly 20 seasons. ***** corch after ***** corch, and a great portion of our fanbase just goes ahead and slurps the new guy…wash, rinse and repeat.

I really hope that we see great improvement this season. But after last season’s abomination, it’s difficult to believe that Mario will turn this around without getting the very best talent to play for him. He needs to pull out all of the stops this season, and not coach scared. He looked like a deer caught in headlights for much of last season.
Glad I'm not the only one who sees things this way lol. Sorry but even with our “nice” win we aren't close to what fsu just fielded. They did the right thing just being patient with Norvell did it at his stop before and now he seems to have gotten it going there. Just have to hope that Mario can get us competing with a couple more classes.

Glad I'm not the only one who sees things this way lol. Sorry but even with our “nice” win we aren't close to what fsu just fielded. They did the right thing just being patient with Norvell did it at his stop before and now he seems to have gotten it going there. Just have to hope that Mario can get us competing with a couple more classes.
IMG_0893.jpeg

Travis is that good. He’s a unicorn that’s propelling a program. He’s a sixth year guy that transferred from Louisville, was a bum , booed by fans , volunteered to change positions then worked his *** off to be what he is now. Props for that but it’s over after he’s gone. He’s turned himself into a special college player
Are we sure? I think they could potentially get a top-choice QB in the portal given Norvell's track record and current reputation with portal players (If their HS QBs aren't any good).

Also, they have the luxury of having a good/great play-caller as HC and an effective scheme that won't go away. I wouldn't be surprised if they last.

Last edited:
I'm obviously not an ACC apologist and would leave for the B1G (or SEC) faster than ****ie V jerks off the Cameron Craziessss, baby!!!, but this year could* end up being pretty funny. Might be a situation where the year that the most **** was talked about the ACC ends up as one of its strongest overall performances even beyond the very top of the league.

It’s looking like that. Seems safe to say FSU will destroy the Gators, and Clemson will destroy South Carolina. I’m not sure what other ACC/SEC matchups are on the table but for this year it looks like the ACC teams are stepping up.

The Texas A&M game just got more important after watching FSU destroy LSU. Would be a bad look to lose to them at home when everyone else in the conference is beating up on SEC teams

Advertisement
We shall see, LSU did leave some points on the field with the two 4th down stops in the first half. FSU is tough, but they’re playing with a QB who’s been playing since friggin 2018, 6th season. Like someone said, long haul, let’s see how they fair starting a new guy after this year. Not too concerned about this season, let’s park this convo about two to three seasons for now. Hopefully, we can continue to gain confidence and get better each week. Our mindset sure does look different than in the past after week 1.

Are we sure? I think they could potentially get a top-choice QB in the portal given Norvell's track record and current reputation with portal players (If their HS QBs aren't any good).

Also, they have the luxury of having a good/great play-caller as HC and an effective scheme that won't go away. I wouldn't be surprised if they last.
Finding qb’s is pretty hard. Especially a great passer / runner that’s a sixth year veteran who was never good enough to go pro. I mean it could happen but it’s much harder than people think.

Advertisement
They have the ingredients to get to the championship-
The team impressed me on the line of scrimmage on both sides-

The penalties hurt them early-

They are a bad matchup for everyone those receivers are monsters the drops will get cleaned up-

Travis, is the catalyst if you don’t pressure him the whole game he’s a nightmare to contain-

LSU had their chances their defense was gassed in the 4th qtr-

It’s painful to watch but, they are in the top 4 right now-

FSU didn't play well at first, got their **** together and LSU played as poorly as they can play to aid them.

Hats off to them, you gotta execute and they did.

And, to be perfectly honest, I loathe FSU, but I didn't have a horse in this race. Brian Kelly is a criminal, a murderer, and he shouldn't be coaching. He should be in jail trying to reach for soap. Every loss brings that dirty ****flap close to retirement (and hopefully, a very painful death).

Finding qb’s is pretty hard. Especially a great passer / runner that’s a sixth year veteran who was never good enough to go pro. I mean it could happen but it’s much harder than people think.
It is, replacing travis will not be easy at all but i think they have become the #1 favorite to land any top qb who enters the portal if they want to. And norvell adjusts to his qb pretty well, if I remember correctly his qb at Memphis was a pure pocket passer.

I think they will be fine but i also hope it burns to the ground lol

Advertisement
Norvell is a goofy high school recruiter, but is an elite play caller.

Give him players he can do damage.

It's obvious FSU put their NIL to the portal past few years.

Their offense is elite elite, maybe most explosive offense in America.

Secondary is weakness. They can win a NC if things go right for them.

they beat LSU and won 10 games last yr. stop drinking paint.

Do you remember when we had all the hype and opened up against LSU? tell me what happened?
tell me what happened the yr before when we played Clemson in the championship?
losing by 4 scores to open up against Alabama.
losing by 5 scores to UNC for a championship birth

Florida got 'whooped' and lost by less than 2 TDs. FSU didnt just win. They broke the will of a team that is supposed to be the cream of the crop in the SEC.

While yall are posting gameweek threads about a team that went 5-7 last year talking bout 'maybe we have chance' looool holy ****
Hits the proverbial nail on the head. Make no mistake, FSU is for real and I don’t see them losing a game in regular season, and barring their QB getting hurt, they will be in the playoffs this year. Yeah, I’ve been a Cane longer than most of you guys have been alive (my Freshman year at UM was 1966), but you gotta give credit where credit is due. Much as I hate to say it, the Noles are by miles the best team in Florida and we really don’t have a prayer of beating them, no way.

Advertisement
I disagree somewhat. Norvell isn't building a program. .aybe thst changes, but I think he's just been lucky the portal has worked out and Travis has developed after 6 years in college?

Where does he go next year? Yes, back to the portal because he's had recruiting classes of 19, 20, 21, and 23 for the past 4 years.

He'll be breaking on an inexperienced QB or finding experience in the portal. His OL recruiting has been atrocious and he'll have to hit the portal for them as well.

Next year will really show where he has his program because a top 10 class won't help the 2024 season very much. Most freshman are not contributors.

I think OL and QB catch up to him next year.
Unless he’s already come to terms with Malik Murphy.

Advertisement
Back