Off-Topic Florida ✈️ / Cuban Sandwich

Advertisement
Any Orlando spots for that Cuban bruh

I've gone to @SWFLHurricane 's pick, Cubans to Go (officially called "Cuban Sandwiches To Go"), many many times. Lee Road. There's a spot just a block before there called Cupid's Hot Dogs, a small chain out of Cali, this is the first one in Florida.

There's another local spot I love called Black Bean Deli. Two locations (at least a year ago when I moved to ATL), one is on Orange Avenue right by 17-92, the other is on Colonial by Mills.

The last spot I would recommend is much more of a local spot and local preference, it's called Cubans On The Run. It's on 17-92 in Casselberry, it's certainly off the beaten path.

Now, once you get past those three, which are among the most highly-rated in Orlando, here are a few other spots in Orlando for Cuban/Latin food.

---Numero Uno Cuban Restaurant - I've only been there once, it is on Orange Avenue on the south side of downtown Orlando (SODO).
---Zaza's - this is a chain, there are several around town and one in Orlando International Airport, I've been there many times, particularly for the pastries
---Latin Square Cuisine - this one is gonna test some guys, particularly @SWFLHurricane , but there's this random little Latin spot on the first floor of what WAS the SunTrust building (the one with the 4 pyramids on top, at the corner of Orange Avenue & Church Street). There's a little green space on the south side of the building, right along Orange Avenue. I worked in that building for a couple of years, one of my co-workers loved the picadillo (only on Mondays) and we frequently went down there in the mornings for the pastries and the croquetas and the potato balls. Wednesdays they have vaca frita.

I've gone to @SWFLHurricane 's pick, Cubans to Go (officially called "Cuban Sandwiches To Go"), many many times. Lee Road. There's a spot just a block before there called Cupid's Hot Dogs, a small chain out of Cali, this is the first one in Florida.

There's another local spot I love called Black Bean Deli. Two locations (at least a year ago when I moved to ATL), one is on Orange Avenue right by 17-92, the other is on Colonial by Mills.

The last spot I would recommend is much more of a local spot and local preference, it's called Cubans On The Run. It's on 17-92 in Casselberry, it's certainly off the beaten path.

Now, once you get past those three, which are among the most highly-rated in Orlando, here are a few other spots in Orlando for Cuban/Latin food.

---Numero Uno Cuban Restaurant - I've only been there once, it is on Orange Avenue on the south side of downtown Orlando (SODO).
---Zaza's - this is a chain, there are several around town and one in Orlando International Airport, I've been there many times, particularly for the pastries
---Latin Square Cuisine - this one is gonna test some guys, particularly @SWFLHurricane , but there's this random little Latin spot on the first floor of what WAS the SunTrust building (the one with the 4 pyramids on top, at the corner of Orange Avenue & Church Street). There's a little green space on the south side of the building, right along Orange Avenue. I worked in that building for a couple of years, one of my co-workers loved the picadillo (only on Mondays) and we frequently went down there in the mornings for the pastries and the croquetas and the potato balls. Wednesdays they have vaca frita.
**** bruh good looks. Even though I won't be able to tackle all that with the plans we have. Thanks though cause now the fam is talking about maybe moving down here so. Who knows we will see

**** bruh good looks. Even though I won't be able to tackle all that with the plans we have. Thanks though cause now the fam is talking about maybe moving down here so. Who knows we will see

Hit me up on DMs if you move down. My family moved to Orlando in 1972, and I've lived there most of my life (until I moved to ATL last year), so I can answer any questions.

And I'll connect you with my brother if you want to hunt alligators. Or even Florida Gaytors...

Advertisement

Cupids is good....but not Hot Dog Heaven good...

Hit me up on DMs if you move down. My family moved to Orlando in 1972, and I've lived there most of my life (until I moved to ATL last year), so I can answer any questions.

And I'll connect you with my brother if you want to hunt alligators. Or even Florida Gaytors...
F that I ain't fkn with no gators unless y'all got an RPG. I'll def come back to this in the future if I find this thread then. Whenever that day comes I will let u know for sure dog. And thank you bruh I appreciate it all love always....pause tho

Advertisement

ohh vaca frita...my favorite.

They talking about Miami now and I just got up. I know I got to go by that U or I won't hear the end of it lol. That's a long ride man lol maybe I can push it for tomorrow.
You have to do it. People need to give you the spots to go based on the time you have down there.

You have to do it. People need to give you the spots to go based on the time you have down there.
Move in doesn't start until next week, so there should be plenty of parking.

They talking about Miami now and I just got up. I know I got to go by that U or I won't hear the end of it lol. That's a long ride man lol maybe I can push it for tomorrow.

Depending on your situation with time and costs...CONSIDER...taking the Brightline. You can ride the train from Orlando International Airport to downtown Miami, do a little sightseeing, and then head home same day. If you buy the first-class ticket, it includes a 5-mile Uber ride.

PS - for at least one of the football games this year, I am going to drive from ATL to ORL and then Brightline it the rest of the way.

1691500785911.png

Last edited:
Advertisement
Bruh I sprained my ankle that's never happened to me ever before even playing mad sports. Must be that lower extremity bug that hits in Florida. It is a curse it's real. Anyway man this sh threw a curve ball for real. Hoping 24 hours will do cause I walk a lot and I can't put no weight on that bih.

Bruh I sprained my ankle that's never happened to me ever before even playing mad sports. Must be that lower extremity bug that hits in Florida. It is a curse it's real. Anyway man this sh threw a curve ball for real. Hoping 24 hours will do cause I walk a lot and I can't put no weight on that bih.
**** dude what did you do?

**** dude what did you do?
Dog some dum sh. Was in the pool fell in wasn't expecting it, couldn't get my footing I got scraped and I think I pushed off the ground not knowing where it was. So I twisted it. I thought I got cutt I was fine walking. 30 minutes later I sat down got up couldn't put weight on it. I was like wtf and it got worse. So I just drove to Walmart to wrap this bih up limping.

Advertisement
Dog some dum sh. Was in the pool fell in wasn't expecting it, couldn't get my footing I got scraped and I think I pushed off the ground not knowing where it was. So I twisted it. I thought I got cutt I was fine walking. 30 minutes later I sat down got up couldn't put weight on it. I was like wtf and it got worse. So I just drove to Walmart to wrap this bih up limping.
RICE and see how you’re feeling in the morning. You might be doordashing that sandwich. Hoping it improves big time for you man

Life has a way of reminding us we're not 18 any more. I hope you feel better soon.

Advertisement
Back