Flip coming?

Let's get something straight, what King does is completely up to him and I'm fine with whatever that decision is.

What the Clemson game showed though is that he won't get drafted as a QB should he decide to leave.

His long ball, down the field ability, isn't good enough at this time for someone to draft him at the position he wants to play. He was so wildly inefficient there against Clemson and that will immediately be spotted by any scout that reviews his film.

You can't draft someone who can't deliver the ball to one third of the field. This is actual information, based on a real game, with multiple chances to throw into tight windows which is the norm at the next level.

He has the rest of the season to show otherwise. Maybe his arm was sore, who knows. Simply put though, he killed his NFL QB dream with his throws on the biggest stage of his career.

Before the rules were changed for Covid, King joined a team that was 6-7 last year in order to raise his NFL draft chances. He was not guaranteed an 11-0 regular season or a 14-0 season, he knew he had to play Clemson. Until the rules were changed, there was no option to stay 2 years at Miami, and he never planned to do so.

One game against the #1 team in the land does not "kill his NFL QB dream". He has 7-10 more games to showcase his abilities. You can go on and on about the Clemson game, that is your prerogative.

But you are "predicting" that he will stay, based on what YOU want to happen, and based on a 1-game analysis. Also, you typed "What the Clemson game showed though is that he won't get drafted as a QB should he decide to leave." And if that is the case, than 7-10 games this year and 12-15 games next year will not change the equation. He should just go into the draft as a multi-positional "slash" type player to any team that will invest a low-round pick on him.

In short, you are saying that he will never be a highly-rated QB, so he should stay at Miami for another year...just because.

That's all I'm pointing out. You have your prediction. I have heard differently.

I'd love for King to come back, but it is very unlikely if he plays well for the rest of the season.

So let's recruit a QB.

Advertisement
I wouldn't count on King coming back. Even if it is possible, that shouldn't impact strategy for the 2021 class.

TVD has shown promising physical traits on Greentree. He is big, athletic and can throw. We won't know what he really is until he plays with live bullets.

Kosi is Kosi and Matocha is more of a developmental guy. We need a QB in this class. If Garcia is Kaaya, that's a take all day. If we want someone more athletic, I'm fine with that too. But a goose egg would set us back.

I wouldn't count on King coming back. Even if it is possible, that shouldn't impact strategy for the 2021 class.

TVD has shown the physical traits of a starting QB at Miami. We won't know what he really is until he plays. Kosi is Kosi and Matocha is more of a developmental guy. We need a QB in this class. If Garcia is Kaaya, that's a take all day. If we want someone more athletic, I'm fine with that too. But a goose egg would set us back.

Yep. Too many guys arguing that "Nothing" is better than "Garcia".

And, sure, I would love for the Portal Fairy to bring us a QB.

Two steps to this process. One, do we use an IC on a QB? Two, who?

I think the answer to the first question is a definite YES.

TVD has shown promising physical traits on Greentree. He is big, athletic and can throw. We won't know what he really is until he plays with live bullets.

Kosi is Kosi and Matocha is more of a developmental guy. We need a QB in this class. If Garcia is Kaaya, that's a take all day. If we want someone more athletic, I'm fine with that too. But a goose egg would set us back.
TVD should be #2QB. Kosy is terrible...he will never be what we need or want him to be. He's not going to magically improve by next season. TVD needs the snaps if he is going to be the front runner for next season when/if King leaves.

TVD should be #2QB. Kosy is terrible...he will never be what we need or want him to be. He's not going to magically improve by next season. TVD needs the snaps if he is going to be the front runner for next season when/if King leaves.
Been saying this since the beginning. I haven't heard one bad word about TVD from the inside, and he looks legit every time I see him.

Experience matters but not if the experienced player is still a bad/slow decisionmaker.

Advertisement
Been saying this since the beginning. I haven't heard one bad word about TVD from the inside, and he looks legit every time I see him.

Experience matters but not if the experienced player is still a bad/slow decisionmaker.
Agree, and even if we put TVD as #2, I don't see Kosy hitting the portal until the end of the season bc this season doesn't count towards eligibility and dude just had a child. Would be silly to pick up and go in middle of the season at this point.

The real problem is, the coaches are playing the bad “experienced” guys way too often at too many positions

McCloud/Jennings at LB - should see more of Huff, Brooks, TAC/Flagg

Kosi at Backup QB - Should be TVD

Amari at S over Gurvan

All 3 WRs

etc.

IMO it’s a major issue with Manny and his staff. We see freshman making plays all over for the Bamas, UGAs, Clemsons of the world, but our talented freshman sit behind ****** Seniors who keep making mental/freshman type mistakes

Manny needs to grow some balls and change his approach

Nothing has changed in this aspect. Remember this is the same staff that played Scott Patchan and Robert Knowles, two JAGs over Greg Rousseau and Bubba Bolden, two future NFL high draft picks

Last edited:
Advertisement
At what point do you see Miami picking up the pace in QB recruiting?

If we're putting all our eggs in one basket with Garcia & he sticks with USC, what is Lashlee's plan?

This is a weird year because of the lack of a spring evaluation. I expect a ton of late bloomers at QB and a hot cycle in December/January for teams with no signees. Jaxson Dart is an example of that type of late bloomer.

If we continue to make strides on offense, we should be an attractive destination.

Need to hop on the phone and call up arroyos qb who has been discussed here many times. If anything he’s a kid who won’t transfer immediately and maybe has a career arc like Kyle trash

B338A03E-CD9D-46ED-B9FE-2A9CCFBDE951.jpeg

Advertisement
MY OPINION, WOULD LOVE TO SEE THEM FLIP .... Jason Marshall and Terrence Lewis

Attachments

• E46F3B07-0B0D-41CD-A380-9C842667176D.jpeg
    E46F3B07-0B0D-41CD-A380-9C842667176D.jpeg
    307.2 KB · Views: 7
  • A2487894-F40B-44E6-9D1C-775201F306D5.jpeg
    A2487894-F40B-44E6-9D1C-775201F306D5.jpeg
    932.6 KB · Views: 5

didnt think about that last paragraph thats a good point but the transfer market will have someone it has to have someone,,,,,,,,,any sleeper DT qbs guys in sfla?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Before the rules were changed for Covid, King joined a team that was 6-7 last year in order to raise his NFL draft chances. He was not guaranteed an 11-0 regular season or a 14-0 season, he knew he had to play Clemson. Until the rules were changed, there was no option to stay 2 years at Miami, and he never planned to do so.

One game against the #1 team in the land does not "kill his NFL QB dream". He has 7-10 more games to showcase his abilities. You can go on and on about the Clemson game, that is your prerogative.

But you are "predicting" that he will stay, based on what YOU want to happen, and based on a 1-game analysis. Also, you typed "What the Clemson game showed though is that he won't get drafted as a QB should he decide to leave." And if that is the case, than 7-10 games this year and 12-15 games next year will not change the equation. He should just go into the draft as a multi-positional "slash" type player to any team that will invest a low-round pick on him.

In short, you are saying that he will never be a highly-rated QB, so he should stay at Miami for another year...just because.

That's all I'm pointing out. You have your prediction. I have heard differently.

I'd love for King to come back, but it is very unlikely if he plays well for the rest of the season.

So let's recruit a QB.
if King is coming back then that means we ended the year poorly. we should be rooting for there to be no chance King comes back because that means he balled out and we are doing very well

if King is coming back then that means we ended the year poorly. we should be rooting for there to be no chance King comes back because that means he balled out and we are doing very well

Truth.

I'd love to see a full, normal season with King leading the offense in 2021, I just hear that it is unlikely.

Advertisement
Back