Flip coming?

Advertisement
Advertisement
You take Garcia if he wants in...sorry fellas. He is a take. You never know with QBs. Bring in highly rated kids...especially ones that are used to the big city and limelight. We already had a conversation about these small town kids...its a big culture shock, and they don't fit in. The kids already have shown to love Garcia, he already is coming in with the respect from the team. Let him come in and compete. If it doesn't work he will be gone, and we can start looking for the next guy.

Further, Lashlee can work with pocket passers. If the kid is the goods he will make it work. Good OCs aren't tied into a specific QB's skillset. Dan Mullen is a good example. He is turning that UF offense into a legit machine with Trask. Have you seen Kyle Trask run? I've seen milk turn faster than his scramble.

some interesting talk on the BYU board. It's not certain whether this kid is LDS and would be looking at a 2 year service mission. The USC guys says he was told no. The BYU writer believes that Garcia is going to end up in the SEC - doesn't offer any specific reason why - could be just a guess because of where Garcia is living right now.. Lots of rumors as to who he is talking to...

Utah hasn't offered because they have a 4 star QB committed.

It would not eliminate a chunk of the playbook. I don’t know why y’all think his system requires a dual threat qb. Buechele isn’t a dual threat and did fine in the offense. And lashlee has said himself that he can use more of a pocket guy or dual threat in his system

Have you seen our OL? You definitely need someone who has to keep the defense honest. It's rare to have a QB that is not mobile and sustain success.

Oh my God, so much craziness in this thread.

The OL we have today will not be the OL we have by the time that Garcia puts on a uniform. ****, maybe Lashlee will be gone too. If King plays well the next 7 games, he's gone too, but we have TVD. People are acting like we would sign Garcia so that he could be the #1 guy in January 2021.

As for the playbook, it's not the ******* Torah. We can change it, update it, tailor it to particular QBs.

Lashlee knows what he wants and what plays he is going to call. If Lashlee thinks Garcia is a take, I don't give a **** what CIS porsters think after they watched some grainy computer video.

I trust that Lashlee will either take Garcia or wait for more decommits/transfers. Either way, I'm fine.

Advertisement
Is our issue right now Kings arm strength? He is electric with the ball in his hands but I don't see arm strength. Could that be a reason teams just press our WR not fearing him throwing it over their heads? I know our WR are getting bullied and aren't helping much, but a lot of his deep passes seem to be under thrown.

You take Garcia if he wants in...sorry fellas. He is a take. You never know with QBs. Bring in highly rated kids...especially ones that are used to the big city and limelight. We already had a conversation about these small town kids...its a big culture shock, and they don't fit in. The kids already have shown to love Garcia, he already is coming in with the respect from the team. Let him come in and compete. If it doesn't work he will be gone, and we can start looking for the next guy.

Further, Lashlee can work with pocket passers. If the kid is the goods he will make it work. Good OCs aren't tied into a specific QB's skillset. Dan Mullen is a good example. He is turning that UF offense into a legit machine with Trask. Have you seen Kyle Trask run? I've seen milk turn faster than his scramble.

Garcia is good enough that if he wants in, he should be a take. If I'm not mistaken, he'd be the highest rated QB Miami recruited out of HS since Kyle Wright. He was a composite 5 star but dropped a little bit. Still though, the arm talent is there. I wouldn't use one of the few schollies on a project this year , but Garcia isn't a project. If King leaves after the 2021 season , a legit competition between TVD and Garcia would be good for the team.

Kids film looks good, but a kid from a small town in Utah.
Small town isn't the question IMO. The questions are, can he play and does he fit our system. Some of our best players have come from small towns. We can't recruit "scared" because of a small town recruit. Sometimes you find a kid just as hungry as an inner city kid.

Small town isn't the question IMO. The questions are, can he play and does he fit our system. Some of our best players have come from small towns. We can't recruit "scared" because of a small town recruit. Sometimes you find a kid just as hungry as an inner city kid.
@DMoney

Advertisement
It's why I'm not completely sold on the offensive staff. We need a dual-threat at QB - Garcia isn't it. And he's not talented enough to ignore the aforementioned traits. He's going to take away a chunk of the playbook if we get him and potentially start him. We also don't have any other QB on the radar this cycle from public perception. At this point, we're putting all of our eggs in the TVD basket. If that kid's a JAG, we're ****ed.

I'm not certain we need a true "dual threat" QB to run this offense, but we definitely need a mobile QB who can sell the read option and pose just enough of a threat with his feet to keep a defense honest in defending it. Garcia isn't a statue back there (he's not Kaaya), but he's clearly limited athletically and I ultimately agree that a good chunk of the offensive playbook gets thrown out the window if he's the guy.

I think the people who are in love with him are smitten by the leadership traits and toughness. He was under duress and beat up that entire game against Warner Robins, but hung in there and got a tough W. Of course, if he doesn't turn the ball over 3 times in the first half, maybe he doesn't need to lead such an inspired comeback. Still, he was a gamer despite being hobbled and sacked about half a dozen times.

I'm no QB guru, but I see a QB with average athleticism, average arm strength, and above average accuracy, but who is calm facing down a rush, tough, and able to get the most out of his skills. His teammates also seem to like him and respect him (as do several of our 2021 commits), which leads me to conclude he has pretty good leadership traits.

Overall, I think he'll be a decent college QB, but I don't see him as a QB who will be able to take over games against top level P5 competition. And the fit with our offense is a really puzzling. Hopefully the TVD basket is a strong one, and he's ready to go Day 1 next year.

Advertisement
You are either all in, at least it seems that way with him this year, or taking a portal guy.

People be acting like he's Brad Kaaya mobility wise. Is he a dual threat, not really, but he can move around and seems to always be looking down the field to throw. He throws with a good base and is accurate when moving.

I don't like how they tried to scam the system by going to Georgia, but I do like that he was game for it. That shows a competitive nature when he really didn't have much to gain by doing so.

As another said, some of our recruits like him for whatever reason. That shouldn't be a basis, but as he's been one of our top targets, they obviously like what he offers. Those saying he doesn't fit what Lashlee wants to do, that's the dumbest **** ever. Lashlee is recruiting him, wake up and drop the stupidity on this one.

As for a portal guy, you always take one if you can better your team. The rub here is that if you continually do that, recruiting is going to get tough, recruits will begin to think this is a place where your time will be never.

King will be here another year is my prediction right now. That Clemson film was damming in that it exposed his weakness with throwing down the field. He has time to fix that as the season goes on and for all I know, maybe he had an arm issue although his ball looked the same to me.

No QB isn't the end of the world. If he wants to come here, he'll have a spot.

You are either all in, at least it seems that way with him this year, or taking a portal guy.

People be acting like he's Brad Kaaya mobility wise. Is he a dual threat, not really, but he can move around and seems to always be looking down the field to throw. He throws with a good base and is accurate when moving.

I don't like how they tried to scam the system by going to Georgia, but I do like that he was game for it. That shows a competitive nature when he really didn't have much to gain by doing so.

As another said, some of our recruits like him for whatever reason. That shouldn't be a basis, but as he's been one of our top targets, they obviously like what he offers. Those saying he doesn't fit what Lashlee wants to do, that's the dumbest **** ever. Lashlee is recruiting him, wake up and drop the stupidity on this one.

As for a portal guy, you always take one if you can better your team. The rub here is that if you continually do that, recruiting is going to get tough, recruits will begin to think this is a place where your time will be never.

King will be here another year is my prediction right now. That Clemson film was damming in that it exposed his weakness with throwing down the field. He has time to fix that as the season goes on and for all I know, maybe he had an arm issue although his ball looked the same to me.

No QB isn't the end of the world. If he wants to come here, he'll have a spot.

We'll make this simple.

What is your "prediction" on King based on? Because based on what I have heard, as long as the remainder of the season is as good as the first three games, King is definitely leaving.

Let's not "predict" what we want to happen. Let's try to base this on actual information.

We'll make this simple.

What is your "prediction" on King based on? Because based on what I have heard, as long as the remainder of the season is as good as the first three games, King is definitely leaving.

Let's not "predict" what we want to happen. Let's try to base this on actual information.

Let's get something straight, what King does is completely up to him and I'm fine with whatever that decision is.

What the Clemson game showed though is that he won't get drafted as a QB should he decide to leave.

His long ball, down the field ability, isn't good enough at this time for someone to draft him at the position he wants to play. He was so wildly inefficient there against Clemson and that will immediately be spotted by any scout that reviews his film.

You can't draft someone who can't deliver the ball to one third of the field. This is actual information, based on a real game, with multiple chances to throw into tight windows which is the norm at the next level.

He has the rest of the season to show otherwise. Maybe his arm was sore, who knows. Simply put though, he killed his NFL QB dream with his throws on the biggest stage of his career.

Let's get something straight, what King does is completely up to him and I'm fine with whatever that decision is.

What the Clemson game showed though is that he won't get drafted as a QB should he decide to leave.

His long ball, down the field ability, isn't good enough at this time for someone to draft him at the position he wants to play. He was so wildly inefficient there against Clemson and that will immediately be spotted by any scout that reviews his film.

You can't draft someone who can't deliver the ball to one third of the field. This is actual information, based on a real game, with multiple chances to throw into tight windows which is the norm at the next level.

He has the rest of the season to show otherwise. Maybe his arm was sore, who knows. Simply put though, he killed his NFL QB dream with his throws on the biggest stage of his career.

I agree. He might want to take a shot at being a slot WR in the NFL, but I assume he wants to be a QB. Scouts aren't going to look much at his UAB film and how he performed against a G5. They will look at Clemson. And he was not good. I would put his odds at getting drafted as a QB in any round of the upcoming draft at less than 5%.

Advertisement
Back