Flemming de-commits

Fleming is plenty quick and I have no doubt he can develop as a route runner if he works. The second part is the question. Some guys turn it on in college, some don’t.

Redding is also raw but has a reputation as a grinder. I have confidence he will sharpen some of the rough edges in his game and allow his natural tools as a split end to shine through.

Advertisement
If the last sentence is true, I’m not sure I want to see what Enos wants on offense. That’s not using the built in advantage of being Miami and it’s proven over and over that the big body plodders like Njoku, Hightower, the ones that come to mind most recently... don’t work for us. The Harley, Wiggins, Pope, etc types that can run and have wiggle are the ones that break out.
Big body plodder Andre Johnson says hello!:)

Yep. It’s amazing how people defend this staff’s lack of personality on the recruiting trail by pointing to how great of coaches and technicians the staff is.
But then what does this staff do? Drop the raw athletes that require coaching technicians and go after too many low ceiling, finished products.

What’s the point of Stubs if not for developing the Fleming type players?
you really think kirby and saban get guys because of personality? saban has a revolving door of a staff. they win big and pay big.

you really think kirby and saban get guys because of personality? saban has a revolving door of a staff. they win big and pay big.
Your confused. Saban and Kirby are way more involved in recruiting than Manny is, and understand it better, have more resources against it, expect more of their staff around it, and engage.

As for personality, there are different ways to relate to kids and close them. Personality helps, but so does energy, effort, intensity, credibility and emotion. Manny was not a good recruiter as a assistant, and IMO he is not doing it well as a HC.

Advertisement
Your confused. Saban and Kirby are way more involved in recruiting than Manny is, and understand it better, have more resources against it, expect more of their staff around it, and engage.

As for personality, there are different ways to relate to kids and close them. Personality helps, but so does energy, effort, intensity, credibility and emotion. Manny was not a good recruiter as a assistant, and IMO he is not doing it well as a HC.
I never said he was a good recruiter.

Late bloomer. I think he has a chance to be the best of the bunch.

Emilien has a lot of the same positives as Worsham with a little more suddenness.

I feel we've have Emilien type WRs here over the years (Darnell Jenkins comes to mind)...while I like them, they developed later in their time here and were limited.

I'm cool with that, but I'm struggling to see a good class here. Looks like a lot of WRs that will take time to develop and have limited ceilings.

Too much emphasis on his speed. If Fleming were 5'8 160 and was clocked at 4.67, even with the same production, many would just dismiss his decommit and wish him luck. Speed doesn't equal football potential, it equals track potential. Restrepo is a baller and so is this Dazalin kid. If we get him we came out ahead.

Too much emphasis on his speed. If Fleming were 5'8 160 and was clocked at 4.67, even with the same production, many would just dismiss his decommit and wish him luck. Speed doesn't equal football potential, it equals track potential. Restrepo is a baller and so is this Dazalin kid. If we get him we came out ahead.
So your thesis is if he were slower, no one would care about his decommit. Okay, let’s try that elsewhere. If Rivers were smaller, no one would care about his being committed at OL. If TVD had a gimpy arm, no one would care that he was committed at QB. If Mamarelli were shorter, no one would care that he is committed at TE.

Here’s the thing, he isn’t slower. And speed matters in football. It may not be the only thing that matters, but if you’ve watched our team the past ever, you’d notice that old speed thing we used to be known for, not so much anymore.

Advertisement

Restrepo is a 4.5 guy.

Worsham is a 4.8 guy...Emilien is a 4.7 guy.

We are not talking about the same thing.

Fleming is a 4.4 guy. I wouldn't want a 4.6 WR at 5'9" 160 either...but a 4.4 guy? Yeah, we're cooking with something there.

So your thesis is if he were slower, no one would care about his decommit. Okay, let’s try that elsewhere. If Rivers were smaller, no one would care about his being committed at OL. If TVD had a gimpy arm, no one would care that he was committed at QB. If Mamarelli were shorter, no one would care that he is committed at TE.

Here’s the thing, he isn’t slower. And speed matters in football. It may not be the only thing that matters, but if you’ve watched our team the past ever, you’d notice that old speed thing we used to be known for, not so much anymore.

Speed matters in football the way being 7'0 matters in basketball. It can't be coached but plenty sub 7 foot basketball players are outstanding. If he were the complete package he wouldn't be rated the 75th wr in the country behind much slower wr's.

Speed matters in football the way being 7'0 matters in basketball. It can't be coached but plenty sub 7 foot basketball players are outstanding. If he were the complete package he wouldn't be rated the 75th wr in the country behind much slower wr's.
Basketball teams need tall guys for center, and football teams need fast guys for wr. It is simple and you are now just dumping on the kid to make yourself feel better about the decommit. He’s a talented, fast, local kid and we do not have enough talented kids, fast kids or local kids in this class.

Advertisement
Restrepo is a 4.5 guy.

Worsham is a 4.8 guy...Emilien is a 4.7 guy.

We are not talking about the same thing.

Fleming is a 4.4 guy. I wouldn't want a 4.6 WR at 5'9" 160 either...but a 4.4 guy? Yeah, we're cooking with something there.
worsham is very likely not a 4.8 guy, he ran that as a sophmore in highschool before his junior offseason. People progress you know and regardless he looks faster than that on film. **** Jeremiah payton ran a 4.74 entering his senior season and imo he looks much faster than that too

worsham is very likely not a 4.8 guy, he ran that as a sophmore in highschool before his junior offseason. People progress you know and regardless he looks faster than that on film. **** Jeremiah payton ran a 4.74 entering his senior season and imo he looks much faster than that too
Payton doesn’t look ‘much faster than that’, imo. He’s not a sub-4.5 burner. More of a smooth kid with good change of direction. Prolly a 4.6 kid.

Advertisement
Payton doesn’t look ‘much faster than that’, imo. He’s not a sub-4.5 burner. More of a smooth kid with good change of direction. Prolly a 4.6 kid.
I didn’t say he’s a a sub 4.5 guy but I can See sub 4.6 for sure and that’s fine given how big he is at 6’1 200 entering Miami

Basketball teams need tall guys for center, and football teams need fast guys for wr. It is simple and you are now just dumping on the kid to make yourself feel better about the decommit. He’s a talented, fast, local kid and we do not have enough talented kids, fast kids or local kids in this class.
Dumping on the kid? LOL! Ok. I don't feel bad at all at his decommit. Would have liked him but no real loss like losing Neal last year. I just laid out a scenario where the U comes out better and I look forward to that playing out. We don't need local kids, we needs kid who are talented and want to play for us.

I'm just saying the sky isn't falling.

Advertisement
Back