Flemming de-commits

It is a big loss imo...He's travis benjamin but coming in 160 or so instead of high 140s. you don't want travis benjamin?

Lol @ "biletnikoff award winner", like every good player is a good coach. Come on man.

Stubblefield and Enos can prioritize what they want, but they shouldn't have the authority to IGNORE LOCAL. I don't know if they with their midwest roots know how important taking Dade kids is for UM. That's gotten coaches in trouble at Miami. This is a dade kid with a unique skill that can take the top off the defense by one of our most reliable sources...(LCE) him and his family wanted him here.

Jury's still out and I hope they succeed, but players like this are needed and are going off in cfb and the nfl nowadays.

Again to each their own, and I like some of our WR recruits for sure (Redding was a huge get)...But to sit there and defend EVERY move the staff makes, is no better the sitting there and crying about EVERY move the staff makes.

Benjamin is faster and moves effortlessly. He's a rare breed of athlete who practically glides on the field. He was more prolific after the catch too. He can shake defenders too. Fleming is more like a poor man's Dorsett.

I didn't say Stubblefield is a good coach but he is a good evaluator of WR skills. Jury is out on his coaching ability.

Don't disagree with the rest of your argument but we don't have complete information. I would have been fine with keeping Fleming in this class but I understand this move as well.

The irony here is you point out Redding as a guy you like when I'm not sold on his projection. He's big and powerful with above avg speed but lacks quickness, agility and polish. We obviously have different traits that we look for. I liked Hightower better than Redding...I hope he develops better for that archetype of big-bodied ballwinner.

Advertisement
Who gives a ****, who they land

I do. UNC has the better coach, so our only advantage is talent. Being UNCs ***** for the foreseeable future is going to suck. You have posters one here whining about Bama and UGA. We actually play UNC every year.

It also is absolutely pathetic that a basketball school is out recruiting this staph.

The same reason I know it is the same reason you dont see it. Your choosing to overlook it when it's been pretty obvious for quite sometime. Save this chat and remember I told you will finish strong and this class will be beyond respectable and solid. I'm not the type to cry over a verbal commitment walking away. Manny got replacements on replacements. The 17 years you were talking about Manny wasn't coaching. Guaranteed to finish string. We will drop some more and we will add plenty more. New names always come out. Zero ******* worries. Only thing I'm thinking about right now is do we beat the sorry *** team we play Saturday by 40 or 50? Does Jarren throw for 4 tds or 5? ***** gravy
so you have blind hope. thats nice.

Lol why do some of yall get all whiny when we heard he had one foot out the door in September.. Now he bounces and it's cry me a river..

Ivins mentioned on the pod that he spoke to a power 5 coach 2 weeks ago and was told that the big concern with Fleming is that he doesn’t run routes well enough to get by being so small. Maybe that’s a concern with our staff as well. You never know. Most of us are just excited by his speed but I know a lot of 4.4 players that never amount to nothing because all they have is speed.

Then we have the dumbest F'ing staff on the planet.
Get this, running a route isn't rocket science. You can't teach speed, quicks, and hands, but you sure as heck can improve route running. You can improve all three things, but only so much.

Routes can be improved more so than those and all it takes is practice before and after practice (Marvin Harrison, maybe the number one example of this ever), but anyone can learn to run clean and crisp routes.

Young man is electric with the ball in his hands and a threat to house any catch he gets. Concerned about routes, man these guys suck.

Advertisement
I do. UNC has the better coach, so our only advantage is talent. Being UNCs ***** for the foreseeable future is going to suck. You have posters one here whining about Bama and UGA. We actually play UNC every year.

It also is absolutely pathetic that a basketball school is out recruiting this staph.

Zero worries who they or anyone else gets. 0

Flemming has some passionate fans in this site, JFC. I understand that for UM be in the CFP convo every year we will need SoFla best players staying home, but this commitment got to be both ways. We can’t stay recruiting Dade just for the sake of recruiting Dade, if the staff feels they have a better OOS player then take the better player.

Now, who Poitier has to kill to get the full court press from this staff?

You're searching VERY hard for something to be mad about if you're concerned with what Mack and UNC are doing

Advertisement

You find a new team to slurp on every week. Now you are sucking off Mack Brown and UNC. #originalmiamihater!!!

Lmao.

Benjamin is faster and moves effortlessly. He's a rare breed of athlete who practically glides on the field. He was more prolific after the catch too. He can shake defenders too. Fleming is more like a poor man's Dorsett.

I didn't say Stubblefield is a good coach but he is a good evaluator of WR skills. Jury is out on his coaching ability.

Don't disagree with the rest of your argument but we don't have complete information. I would have been fine with keeping Fleming in this class but I understand this move as well.

The irony here is you point out Redding as a guy you like when I'm not sold on his projection. He's big and powerful with above avg speed but lacks quickness, agility and polish. We obviously have different traits that we look for. I liked Hightower better than Redding...I hope he develops better for that archetype of big-bodied ballwinner.

So, I'm going to challenge this. Why? Because we have no evidence of this yet, IMO.

Its cool that you like some of his evaluations. I can see what he likes in some of these players. But, my concern, being a small and slow WR himself is that Stubblefield tends to disregard those things in some of these WRs, especially the speed aspect. Worsham and Emilien look a tick slow on film and I see them with a bit of a limited ceiling. I think they are solid prospects, but I don't like them as WR2 and WR3 in a class. Plus, I like quite a few WRs better than them, but many of those we've passed on already or the ship has sailed.

I like Restrepo as a WR more than most and honestly, I'd rate him above those two, FWIW.

Advertisement
So, I'm going to challenge this. Why? Because we have no evidence of this yet, IMO.

Its cool that you like some of his evaluations. I can see what he likes in some of these players. But, my concern, being a small and slow WR himself is that Stubblefield tends to disregard those things in some of these WRs, especially the speed aspect. Worsham and Emilien look a tick slow on film and I see them with a bit of a limited ceiling. I think they are solid prospects, but I don't like them as WR2 and WR3 in a class. Plus, I like quite a few WRs better than them, but many of those we've passed on already or the ship has sailed.

I like Restrepo as a WR more than most and honestly, I'd rate him above those two, FWIW.
wait. so one minute stubbs values speed too much which is why hightower and njoku couldnt play, now he wants them small and slow?

I never shared my opinion on Fleming cause I know this board is obsessed with him and didn't want to be a downer and get flamed (again). I haven't shared my full opinion on Sam Brooks yet either but we'll leave that for another day.

To be clear I was fine with him as a take because he has upside and value as a deep threat, but if the staff is turned off by his intangibles/don't think they can develop him then this move makes sense. Emilien is a better fit for this offense and Worsham has always been my top target.
i dont get why emilien hasnt been more recruited.

Advertisement
LMFAO UNC is about to pass us in the recruiting rankings when they land that in state 5 star kid. (Yes, I know they are a head of us right now, but thats only because their class is bigger).
Manny is tired of hearing how he's losing to less talented teams so he's going to make Miami less talented than said teams.......chess not checkers

Then we have the dumbest F'ing staff on the planet.
Get this, running a route isn't rocket science. You can't teach speed, quicks, and hands, but you sure as heck can improve route running. You can improve all three things, but only so much.

Routes can be improved more so than those and all it takes is practice before and after practice (Marvin Harrison, maybe the number one example of this ever), but anyone can learn to run clean and crisp routes.

Young man is electric with the ball in his hands and a threat to house any catch he gets. Concerned about routes, man these guys suck.

Yep. It’s amazing how people defend this staff’s lack of personality on the recruiting trail by pointing to how great of coaches and technicians the staff is.
But then what does this staff do? Drop the raw athletes that require coaching technicians and go after too many low ceiling, finished products.

What’s the point of Stubs if not for developing the Fleming type players?

Advertisement
Back