FIU 5 Miami 0

Right, you said that the postseason run starts with a sweep against Pitt. One week ago you thought we had a team that was going to go on a postseason run. Today the program is hopeless because we don't have a covered batting cage. You flipped that much in one week.

A run to the postseason to grab a 3 seed. Finishing above .500. Is that asking too much with all the talent we have on that pitching staff? Not at all.

Advertisement
If technology and facilities were such an issue, you guys would have been here talking about those things in January. Instead, you were making predictions of sweeps and postseason appearances one week ago. Buffoons.

I just got here like 2 weeks ago.

A run to the postseason to grab a 3 seed. Finishing above .500. Is that asking too much with all the talent we have on that pitching staff? Not at all.

Oh, it's not too much to ask. But it is certainly the bold prediction you made even though today you claim that we've been left behind and can't compete as a program anymore.

Advertisement
And one week ago Pitt couldn't compete with us. Today we're done as a program unless we get better facilities.

There's a big difference between competing with Pittsburgh (we are more talented than) and competing with FSU and Florida (nowhere close to as talented). Maybe that's too much for you to comprehend.

There's a big difference between competing with Pittsburgh (we are more talented than) and competing with FSU and Florida (nowhere close to as talented). Maybe that's too much for you to comprehend.

Oh it's the other way around. You said Pitt couldn't compete with us. One week ago. Then you disappeared during the series loss. Now you claim that you knew all along that we've been left behind.

The comprehension insult is so 2005. You're showing your age.

Advertisement
Morris and Dimare have shown little interest in recruiting PBC. Makes no sense to me, amazing baseball is played here.

So Jagr is correct that we're missing kids because we're not identifying the right kids in the recruiting process.

Advertisement
If you put a roof over the batting cages in the next few weeks, you would probably win the ACC tournament and make the field.

Advertisement
We're getting left behind because we recruit pretty boy travel ball kids who look great in a uniform. We're not losing kids. We're identifying the wrong kids.
I disagree. The real big miss was the 2016 class in which several high profile recruits signed Letters of Intent to Miami, but were drafted high and turned pro. That left the staff scrambling to fill the roster with guys that would have never been recruited to Miami.

I blame the coaching. Particularly the hitting coach DiMare. The poor hitting is a direct reflection on his lack of coaching. There is no way a team should continue to strike out at the rate they do. A good hitting coach could get more out of less talented players.

Look at Toral. As a coach, you can't get this talented hitter straightened out? It seems like the hitters are left to figure things out on their own because I see the same awful at-bats in recent games that I saw in the beginning of the season. That shouldn't happen with good coaching.

You can't blame the freshman either. The poor hitting has been across the board regardless of experience at the college level.

As I said in other posts, the problem is going to get masked because the freshman will improve over the next couple of years because of summer leagues and their own physical and mental maturation. They will be good enough to win the ACC and go to Omaha, but it won't be because of DiMare, but rather inspite of him.

We're getting left behind because we recruit pretty boy travel ball kids who look great in a uniform. We're not losing kids. We're identifying the wrong kids.
We getting left behind because we're not teaching players how to hit. FAU and FIU, both have 44 home runs on the season. Yes the play in a weaker conference, but do you think this is because of the players they recruited, the coaching, or both? Probably both. However, they both continue to be in the top 20 in the nation in home runs and extra bases. That comes down to teaching players how to hit. Yes, you teach how to hit for power. Teach ow not to strike out so much, etc.

I watch every Miami hitter and can see their strengths and weaknesses. Why are a lot of hitters swinging at pitches they can't handle? Take Willie Escala for example. Not to pick on him. He's a good hitter. Hits close to .300, but strikes out way too much and fails in situational hitting. He constantly swings at pitches above his belt. They are balls. He's not a homerun hitter. He either whiffs at it or hits a weak popup everytime on a high pitch. That should have been coached out of him within the 1st 5 games or better yet, last fall. Yet, here we are in the latter part of the season and there's no adjustment. That's 100% on DiMare. The coaching solution was to bench Escala for Paige. You could go down the line player to player and it's the same thing.....Coaching/Teaching.

Thing is, you don't have to teach an elite high school hitter how to make contact against a fellow freshman from FIU. Guys who are recruited at this level should have been seeing the best 18U pitching in the country.

Coaching is absolutely an issue. But I am certain that DiMare takes a lazy approach to recruiting. He recruits measurables; the guys with the high Perfect Game rankings. He fails to identify true baseball players, and I think we're seeing that with this freshman group that was supposed to immediately make us better.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back