FIU 5 Miami 0

You're 100% wrong. It's changed drastically and we haven't budged.

http://thetandd.com/sports/usc-base...cle_a1bcace6-3b5b-5af6-ae23-14db38616a8a.html
I remember when using a pitching machine was thought to be a major technological shift, too. Or even using a Hit-a-way/hitting stick.

The game itself hasn't changed, though. Some of the aids to help you get better at it have changed (as one would expect them to). However, actually playing the game with 9 guys on the field with gloves/bats/balls hasn't changed that much. Same with the strategy of the game, which really only changes with the matchups, skills, and pieces that each team has.

Jagr beat me to saying this, but whatever.

I'm not arguing against technological advances, mind you. I'm simply saying that with the things we're struggling with on the field, the right coaching with our facilities as-is would be fine to fix those things. The coaching, development, and recruiting are all suffering. Are the batting cage upgrades and the tracking technology needed? I'll not turn them down if they're implemented, but they're not the reason why we're 17-23.

Kids from Puerto Rico, Venezuela, Cuba, and the DR get drafted into the bigs every year. Some of them are signed as international FA's and demand tons of cash. Now...some of them do have access to technology, but not all. In those countries, it's hard work, reps, and a bit of luck to get your talent discovered. It's not always on a field or a place where facilities are as nice as FIU or Miami. A lot of those kids would kill to be training at Miami's facilities, and not think twice about whether or not the cages are covered or if we have ways to measure their launch angle or exiting velocity when they hit the baseball.

Advertisement
Nah man, we just need to recruit better and coach better. It's THAT easy.

Meanwhile, UF is building a 50 million dollar baseball stadium. Good luck recruiting against that

No, it's not easy to recruit better and coach better. That's why we're losing. We don't work hard in recruiting or coaching. We let local travel ball teams decide who's good enough to play at Miami. The hard part is to recruit better and coach better. But that won't happen when job security is guaranteed.

Meanwhile, UF is building a 50 million dollar baseball stadium. Good luck recruiting against that

UF? UF passed us a long time ago without a $50 million stadium. They passed us because their head coach is ruthless in recruiting. At this point I would like to see us surpass Dartmouth and Pittsburgh.

Let me be clear - I'm not advocating us to start playing on the college baseball equivalent of a sandlot. If technological advances are implemented, I'm all for it. Those things are enhancement tools to help aid good talent to get better and good coaches to give their players the proper feedback.

The point that's being stared at and missed (like our hitters like to stare at called 3rd strikes) by a select few in this thread is that the tech advances are fine, and spending more on the program/stadium/facilities is fine...but it's not THE problem. Saying these things will fix it is like giving a person with extreme depression a smiley face on a stick, and then proclaiming their depression cured because they can hold that in front of their face now.

Let me be clear - I'm not advocating us to start playing on the college baseball equivalent of a sandlot. If technological advances are implemented, I'm all for it. Those things are enhancement tools to help aid good talent to get better and good coaches to give their players the proper feedback.

The point that's being stared at and missed (like our hitters like to stare at called 3rd strikes) by a select few in this thread is that the tech advances are fine, and spending more on the program/stadium/facilities is fine...but it's not THE problem. Saying these things will fix it is like giving a person with extreme depression a smiley face on a stick, and then proclaiming their depression cured because they can hold that in front of their face now.

Back when D'Nofrio was giving up record yards, I don't remember hearing that he would be fine if we had an indoor practice facility. We could have given that guy every resource possible and his defense would still fail in the ACC. Same here. 16 strikeouts?????? I guarantee without reservation that Bolles and Montverde don't strike out 16 times against FIU's bullpen.

Advertisement
So Morris and DiMare aren't the problem. It's that darn athletic budget.

It's both, why can't you understand that? I don't understand why it has to be one or the other. Coaching? Bad. Development? Bad. Recruiting? **** Poor. Facilities? Terrible. It all plays a part.

Coastal Carolina recruiting in the 30's? Pretty **** good for a SunBelt team!

UF? UF passed us a long time ago without a $50 million stadium. They passed us because their head coach is ruthless in recruiting. At this point I would like to see us surpass Dartmouth and Pittsburgh.

I fully agree. They do a great job of getting good players on campus. Will be even easier for them now.

It's both, why can't you understand that? I don't understand why it has to be one or the other. Coaching? Bad. Development? Bad. Recruiting? **** Poor. Facilities? Terrible. It all plays a part.

Coastal Carolina recruiting in the 30's? Pretty **** good for a SunBelt team!

Coastal Carolina has been winning conference titles for 30 years. They didn't emerge when they spent money. You swung and missed. It happens.

The facilities don't play a major part when we're literally three years removed from leading the nation in scoring.

I fully agree. They do a great job of getting good players on campus. Will be even easier for them now.

So what? They can't take every player. And they don't stand in the way of anything as far as Miami is concerned. It's possible for Florida to be good and for Miami to be better than Rutgers at the same time.

Advertisement
Football decided to pay a HC, hire more staff, improve our facilities, and now we're not such a laughingstock. Some of you are just like the BOD when it comes to baseball - stuck in 1999. Clearly the first step is finding the right HC, but good luck doing so without support from the school.

Saban built a dynasty by recruiting better than everyone else, which he was only able to do by ensuring the necessary amount of money and resources.

Maybe you just want to beat Rutgers and Dartmouth. I want to win god **** CWS titles and I promise you we won't unless the school, Paul DiMare, or someone else rich decides it's time for Miami to get serious about baseball again.

Football decided to pay a HC, hire more staff, improve our facilities, and now we're not such a laughingstock. Some of you are just like the BOD when it comes to baseball - stuck in 1999. Clearly the first step is finding the right HC, but good luck doing so without support from the school.

Saban built a dynasty by recruiting better than everyone else, which he was only able to do by ensuring the necessary amount of money and resources.

Maybe you just want to beat Rutgers and Dartmouth. I want to win god **** CWS titles and I promise you we won't unless the school, Paul DiMare, or someone else rich decides it's time for Miami to get serious about baseball again.

Right. Stuck in 1999. You can't figure out how to recite basic statistics, but you know EXACTLY why our program is a mess.

Coastal Carolina has been winning conference titles for 30 years. They didn't emerge when they spent money. You swung and missed. It happens.

The facilities don't play a major part when we're literally three years removed from leading the nation in scoring.

Swung and missed? They just won the national championship. GTFOH

Swung and missed? They just won the national championship. GTFOH

You swung and missed because you tried to tie the championship to the new facility. They were a #2 seed in 2016. They got hot for three weeks. They had better teams BEFORE the new facility. As a program they are no different today than they were in 2008. Borderline 1/2 seed, leading their conference.

Advertisement
Coastal Carolina in 2010: National seed
Coastal Carolina in 2016: #2 seed

But they're good because they got a new facility in 2011.

They are good because they are at the forefront of the college baseball world. They recently built a new stadium. Brand new hitting facility. State of the art technology. They have their own baseball data analyst to track hitters/pitchers progress. They care about baseball. That's why they're good. Miami doesn't care about baseball.

Coastal Carolina in 2010: National seed
Coastal Carolina in 2016: #2 seed

But they're good because they got a new facility in 2011.

Of course I'm indicting DiMare with every post. Our baseball program is basically where football was around 2010 in terms of money and resources. Most "major programs" are using indoor cages, computerized simulators, advanced metrics, have a video coordinator, etc. We're still stuck in 1999.
That's the bigger problem then - you are pointing out symptoms of an athletic dept that isn't committed to the baseball program, but is to football and basketball. That's pretty sad - I remember when the baseball program used to joke about propping open doors w CWS runner-up trophies, now we're willing to let it slide into irrelevance apparently.

Advertisement
They are good because they are at the forefront of the college baseball world. They recently built a new stadium. Brand new hitting facility. State of the art technology. They have their own baseball data analyst to track hitters/pitchers progress. They care about baseball. That's why they're good. Miami doesn't care about baseball.

Got it. They were a national seed in 2010 with kids they recruited in 2007-8 because of the new facility they opened in 2011.

Miami has one of the highest paid coaches in America. Quit blaming this on the AD. We have a coaching staff that steals money.

You can always spot the emotional dorks who know little about the nuances of the game (regardless if we're talking football or baseball). Still waiting on Nick Linder and Odogflu to seize starting spots on our 2017 OL, Rok. A ******* roof on our batting cage isn't moving the needle on why we can't hit for ****.

Got it. They were a national seed in 2010 with kids they recruited in 2007-8 because of the new facility they opened in 2011.

Miami has one of the highest paid coaches in America. Quit blaming this on the AD. We have a coaching staff that steals money.
Don't let the AD off the hook - he's just as culpable if he's not holding the highly paid head coach and his successor accountable. He's the one who gave the extension and announced the next head coach prematurely.

Poor Midweek Mediavilla. The kid hasn't been the same since Arizona cleaned his clock in Omaha. Its been like Mitch Williams after the 1993 World Series.

Advertisement
Back