FIU 5 Miami 0

rok

N-U-D-E-S-I-N-B-I-O
**** wisely inserts Mediavilla and his first pitch is laced into center for a 2 RBI base hit.

Advertisement
9-0 and Mediavilla records a total of one out before getting yanked. This is getting good.

In FIU's last three weekends they scored 10, 6, and 10 runs. So it makes perfect sense that they would already have nine runs in a game that our supposed freshman phenom started.

Advertisement
The 6 run 6th inning for FIU all occurred because our 2B dropped the ball on a force play. And then Morris inexplicably went to Mediavilla who surrendered a million hits, including a 3 run HR. This team and its coaches can't stay out of their own way.

Why is Mediavilla even pitching?! He should put on shorts and be the bat boy, not sure if he can even accomplish that without giving up numerous runs to the opposing team!
The hitting is beyond pathetic! Does the hitting coach (DiMoron) have them practice watching perfect strikes go by then swinging at balls in the dirt?

The 6 run 6th inning for FIU all occurred because our 2B dropped the ball on a force play. And then Morris inexplicably went to Mediavilla who surrendered a million hits, including a 3 run HR. This team and its coaches can't stay out of their own way.
Morris inserted Mediavilla because he didn't want to waste any of the arms with the FSU series this weekend.

It doesn't matter. Season is basically over. Team would have to win 2 of 3 against FSU and win out the regular season plus at least 2 ACC tournament games.

I am more disappointed with the lack coaching on offense. FIU with 50+ home runs on the year while Miami has 15 and averaging 10+ strikeouts per game including 16 tonight against FIU. I mean come on!!! 16 strikeouts in a midweek game. I think DiMare has been exposed. The hitters look like they are self coached because they look the same in game 37 as they did in games 1-5.

The worst part is that DiMare will survive as head coach because the players will get better in summer leagues, but not from his coaching. He will get the credit, when it not deserved.

Very disappointing to say the least.

16 strikeouts.

If a mid-major saves their junior draft-pick ace for us and he strikes out a dozen, you tip your cap. But this was a staff game for FIU. They ran seven guys out there. They need three wins against Marshall more than they needed a win against Miami. And they still struck us out 16 times.

The Clemson fluke really had some people fooled.

Advertisement
How can we compete against a sub 500 CUSA team with indoor batting cages?

FIU is hitting .284 as a team and has scored 67 more runs than Miami. Miami is hitting .245 as a team. You don't think its crazy that FIU has a better hitting facility than the University of Miami? Whew

Advertisement
FIU's coach is the real deal. He's going to push our **** in for years.

FIU is hitting .284 as a team and has scored 67 more runs than Miami. Miami is hitting .245 as a team. You don't think its crazy that FIU has a better hitting facility than the University of Miami? Whew

I don't think it's crazy at all. FIU has access to its batting cages any time. Miami does not. We're clearly at a disadvantage in several ways, that being one of them.

Advertisement
I don't think it's crazy at all. FIU has access to its batting cages any time. Miami does not. We're clearly at a disadvantage in several ways, that being one of them.

Good lord.

We're setting strikeout records. That has nothing to do with getting rained out of the batting cages twice a month.

Buffoons,

We led the nation - LED THE NATION - in runs per game in 2015. We had uncovered batting cages and lightning was hitting the Coral Gables area at roughly the same rate as it is today.

On a side note, tuition was also really high in 2015, so there goes another excuse.

We led the nation because two or three guys got private help and took it upon themselves to learn how to hit. Everyone else on the team was batting .200.

Collins and Thompson were making kids like Barr, Ruiz, Michelangeli, Batista look pretty capable but those guys could hardly make contact by the time they left.

No indoor/covered batting cages isn't the sole reason we suck, but we're getting left behind because these croots are getting wise to our act. We haven't evolved.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back