First visit to Miami

Matter of opinion. I agree they have fallen, but still enjoy visiting.
Fallen isn't the word...Ive been going in AllCanes since the 80s....Last time I went in...They had the same shirts since 5-7 yrs earlier (2 yrs ago at Paradise)...Bookstore's selection blows AllCanes away...and so does Caneswear....not even comparable...

Advertisement
Bookstore has superior selection, but the price gouging is ridiculous. You are better off heading to Caneswear if you can, but if you just plan on getting something simple, then AllCanes is fine. AllCanes is limited by their actual store footprint, so the selection is going to be extremely basic. Then again, you are a grown man shopping, so you probably would be good with the basics.
Wtf does being "Grown"...have to do with basics??....

Fallen isn't the word...Ive been going in AllCanes since the 80s....Last time I went in...They had the same shirts since 5-7 yrs earlier (2 yrs ago at Paradise)...Bookstore's selection blows AllCanes away...and so does Caneswear....not even comparable...
We do like Caneswear, good selection.

What happened to Allcanes ya think?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Definitely have to hit up Caneswear. I was down for the first time for the FSU game last year and stopped by the store. The line was wrapped around the store and they had to stop letting people in. It was awesome!

We went to AllCanes when we attended Canes/FSU baseball game back in April and they were doing a good business. They have lots of stuff but the store is smaller & the people working that day weren't particularly helpful. They have opened another store at Aventura Mall.

**** bruh. He’s going to have to set aside time to go all the way to Krome Drive. But I must admit next to the Strawberry Festival (Plant City) they have the best strawberry milkshake I’ve ever had.

I used to fly in, so it didn’t seem so far. It is out in nowhere.

Advertisement
Sunday Brunch at the Rusty Pelican in Key Biscayne was always great food with an awesome view! Not sure if they still have it.

If you visit Miami and don’t eat at any Flanigans then you wasted your time here.

Advertisement
Don’t know if it’s been a mentioned but go to this place. Order this exactly: Vaca Frita 3 ways. Black beans, Maduros and an avocado salad. Thank me later. It’s in coral Gables

Great spot and all the Everglades type suggestions are normally great but some of you guys are forgetting that September is still pretty much summer down here. Summer = torture by mosquitoes in both spots. And not pull your toenail out type torture but more like put you pelotas in a vice type torture.

Seems like the skeeters nearer to the glades are behemoths. I had one land on my arm, I smacked him as he was swelling up with my blood and literally there was blood spray. Looked like a small drone had landed on my arm.

Bistro Mezzaluna Italian-American Lauderdale
Blue Moon Fish co. Fish
Bahia Mar Bar & Grille casual on the water in Lauderdale
ANTHONYS Coal fired Pizza multiple locations, one close to airport

Seems like the skeeters nearer to the glades are behemoths. I had one land on my arm, I smacked him as he was swelling up with my blood and literally there was blood spray. Looked like a small drone had landed on my arm.

I absolutely believe it. The repellent companies actually test their products out near Flamingo. I'll never forget the first time I headed out there not knowing how insane the mosquitoes were in the hot wet weather. I stopped to take a **** and within 6 seconds but after the flow had already started I was literally being eaten alive. It seriously felt like hundreds of little animals biting me. I looked like I had been in a fight. Both eyelids were swollen with bites within a minute. I seriously thought I was going to get some disease. Everyone out there walks around with body nets and the strongest Deet during that time of year.

Advertisement
Back