First visit to Miami

Advertisement
Caneswear greater than All Canes now. But see the campus and stop by All canes. Hit them both!

If you're looking for a day of something off the beaten path (and a decent workout), I always recommend Shark Valley. it's a little far from Ft. Lauderdale, but it's a very cool 15 mile bike trail through the Everglades, with a lookout midway through (great spot to eat a pub sub). Can also an airboat ride while you're out there, if you're interested. Might be rough during the summer months though, as it's really hot unless you get out there early

Last edited:
Advertisement
Crandon was my "every Saturday beach spot " while at the U. In fact it has been there forever. Parked my sports car, and had a blast. Great memories. This would be the ultimate immersion + a host of other local spots listed earlier.
One thing has not changed, and that is the variety of tastes, and appetites in Miami.
Awesome. Have a great time.
Ditto, man. Couldn't count how many days I spent on Crandon Beach while I was a student there. Great memories for sure!

Advertisement
As far as going to the beach (and if seeing t-and-a isn't the main objective) then Bill Baggs Cape Florida at the end of Key Biscayne is my favorite beach down here. It's as close to being in the Keys as you can get and it's a better actual beach than you'll find in most spots down there. I'm still amazed that it exists so relatively close to a major urban area.

Seconded.
I'm currently on my annual visit home (Miami) and while I have relative easy access to soBeach (parents have condo), I prefer Bill Baggs if/when I just want to enjoy a good beach without having to listen to 20 boom boxes playing that reggaeton shti...more laid back vibe.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Alabama Jacks is on Card Sound. Not Islamorada. Can't have the dude looking for the wrong bar.

Great spot and all the Everglades type suggestions are normally great but some of you guys are forgetting that September is still pretty much summer down here. Summer = torture by mosquitoes in both spots. And not pull your toenail out type torture but more like put you pelotas in a vice type torture.

No its not...Absolutely No selection compared to Bookstore or Caneswear...

Bookstore has superior selection, but the price gouging is ridiculous. You are better off heading to Caneswear if you can, but if you just plan on getting something simple, then AllCanes is fine. AllCanes is limited by their actual store footprint, so the selection is going to be extremely basic. Then again, you are a grown man shopping, so you probably would be good with the basics.

Advertisement
Back