First visit to Miami

Advertisement
Maannn...I wish I could go back in time to the 80s....The oldtimers in here know what I'm talking about...Clubbing/ Bar Hopping in the 305 back then was Legendary, and eviscerates anything since....Penrods Bch Club....Button on the Bch....Club Manhattan's....were 5* Legendary Status....For Hole in the Walls, Club Deuce had/has No competition.....Talk about Good times...Jesus.. @The Franchise ....I know you remember...Lol
I'm surprised anyone survived that era, bro. LOL

Advertisement
Here's an article, but I haven't read it...so I assume it's straight...fact it says "Time Out" suggests it might be otherwise.

https://www.timeout.com/miami/things-to-do/whewhere-to-stay-in-miami

But remember, always make sure you're close to a Chik-fil-a, and you'll be OK. If you have some active coupons then Burger King or Arby's will work, too.

Be careful, people here will try to send to some exotic, offbeat foreign sounding place, but you're likely to find out it's too spicy, disagrees with you, or gets you sick or the runs....

Stick to a food place that has numerous places with the he same name, like Arby's or Macaroni Grill or Chipotle, and you'll know what you're getting into instead of a place with only one restaurant that nobody outside of Miami has ever heard of.

For recreation, you might try to find out if there are some nice shooting ranges. See if Groupon has a deal. People down there n Miami should have some names.

Here's an article, but I haven't read it...so I assume it's straight...fact it says "Time Out" suggests it might be otherwise.

https://www.timeout.com/miami/things-to-do/whewhere-to-stay-in-miami

But remember, always make sure you're close to a Chik-fil-a, and you'll be OK. If you have some active coupons then Burger King or Arby's will work, too.

Be careful, people here will try to send to some exotic, offbeat foreign sounding place, but you're likely to find out it's too spicy, disagrees with you, or gets you sick or the runs....

Stick to a food place that has numerous places with the he same name, like Arby's or Macaroni Grill or Chipotle, and you'll know what you're getting into instead of a place with only one restaurant that nobody outside of Miami has ever heard of.

For recreation, you might try to find out if there are some nice shooting ranges. See if Groupon has a deal. People down there n Miami should have some names.
The chances I'd go into a Chipotle..Arbys..or a Macaroni Grill are Slim and none, and Slim hauled ***...

Advertisement
I know these types of questions have been asked here before and my searching didn't give great results, so I'm asking this same question again. . . and I apologize in advance.

I live in Atlanta and have been to many Miami games vs. Georgia Tech. My wife set up a trip to Miami for my first time in September to see the Bethune-Cookman game for my birthday last week. As a newbie to Miami in general, I need some tips and advice for what to do while we're there, and also where to sit in Hard Rock Stadium.

We're flying into FLL on Friday before the game, and leaving Sunday morning. We're staying in Fort Lauderdale and will have a car, so getting around shouldn't be a problem. We're not partyers—definitely more "quiet, night in" kind of people. We'll probably do most of our stuff during the day, and head back to the hotel to relax in the evenings.

I've already got a few things on my list to do while we're there:
  • Visit UM's campus
  • Wynwood Walls
  • Dominos Park
  • Go to the beach (any beach, not necessarily South Beach)
Are there any other must do things while we're there? And recommendations for places to eat? We know there's always chain restaurants and fast food, but we'd love to know where the locals go, and what the locals love.

I've heard that the visitor side of HRS gets the most sun, so it's best to stay away from there, but are there any other things to be aware of? Favorite sections to sit? Any details about parking to know about?

Thanks for any help you all can give. I very much appreciate it. Go Canes!

You are basically there for one day - my advice
- have dinner in downtown ft lauderdale/las olas both nights
- I would skip the trip to campus ... not much too see and I dont think you want to dive to the campus Saturday only to turn right back around for the game
- go to caneswear in davie as opposed to the drive to all sports in miami
- game day -- you dont need to get there too early but give yourself a couple of hours to walk around the stadium and meet fellow canes fans - make sure they know this is your first game and you wont have to buy beer
- try to get club seats -- view is great but when it is hot you can walk inside to the AC

have a great time and make plans next time to fly in on a Thursday and see a bigger rivalry --- enjoy

Advertisement
Back