First Rd Management

First Round Management Question (Now a poll too)

• Interrupt them please. The plebes need to be heard at any time.

• STFU and let them fight. I see enough comments from the plebes. Let the battle rage uninterrupted.

Results are only viewable after voting.
We’ve already announced Frierson and Taylor at 50K each

Have about 7-8 more announcements coming this week and you will see what I’m talking about.

Forgive me if my terminology is improper, but are the firm's collecting commissions on these deals? What %? The back-patting for the 'service' being provided for the student athletes makes it seem charitable. Is that the case?

Advertisement
Yeah, I will try to sim this up and I hope this is accurate in essence.

Pete became an Agent for First Round Management (FRM). Many on the board, including Brooklyn, blame him for getting kids to leave school early and then be drafted low or not at all. Pete says that’s not how it happens and that often these kids make their own choices regardless of what they are told or advised. Brooklyn has made other statements on here regarding FRM. Peter is now taking issue with those statements.
Thanks!

So two things I’m noticing here. First, this thread took Pete from a -10 to a +10 in his reaction score. While he’s certainly not setting the upvote world on fire, at least he’s out of the red. Second, Pete isn’t paying @Andrew $25 per year for ads-free. I think a gift subscription could be in order.

EE61D185-CD11-4CC7-B840-AF52C02D8030.jpeg

Oh I’ll let it get out of hand. The debate isn’t the issue. The issue is poRsters directly interrupting the participants with their questions and comments during the heat of the battle.

Please vote in the poll though. Lol
Where is this happening? What thread so I can watch it

Advertisement
I can’t fathom how you all think you can defeat Pete in battle of words.

Let me give you all some context. I have it on good authority that has known at least one women in the biblical sense. Now many of you are probably saying “that sounds sinful” and while I agree, it’s also a demonstration of this man’s power of persuasion.

Every woman knows that carnal relations brings a risk of conception. At this point, you may be asking, “we the boss, you are talking pure nonsense. This is football board sir!” Well let me explain.

Women always envision what a potential child with their partner could look like. Now we get to the heart of my argument. Imagine the powers of persuasion it takes to convince a woman (even conceding their limited powers of reason) to assume the risk of this:

1642438477301.png

You’d need the voice of Sinatra and the persuasiveness of a young Abe Lincoln to get a woman to take even the most remote risk that singular browed creature like that could be suckling at their chest.

In light of this evidence some of you continue to engage an oritor of this caliber in a rhetorical joist? Well to you brave souls I say:

1642439166177.gif

Forgive me if my terminology is improper, but are the firm's collecting commissions on these deals? What %? The back-patting for the 'service' being provided for the student athletes makes it seem charitable. Is that the case?

I have tried to address this numerous times. On one side, you have some posters who keep repeating the 15% marketing commission rates for PROFESSIONAL ATHLETES. On the other hand, you have the actual reality of college NIL deals, which are not true "agent representation" in the historical sense of the term. I have heard numerous people with knowledge (including Pete 6 months ago) say that many of those people/agents/firms who have represented college student-athletes in NIL deals have done so on a pro bono basis, or for very low percentages. THAT MIGHT NOW BE CHANGING, as the NIL deals get larger.

However, I would also hope that representatives would not take advantage of these kids WHEN THE DEALS ARE FOR MULTIPLE PLAYERS and the business owner is already pre-disposed to employ student-athletes. There is a fundamental difference between, say, David Falk setting up presentations and huge shoe-apparel contracts in the early 1980s on behalf of Michael Jordan (when there was substantial risk and uncertainty on both sides), and some random dude from some random agency "being in the same room" when a boilerplate small-dollar deal is arranged between a local business who already wants to license the NIL of student-athletes and, say, 8 to 85 student-athletes. Even a caveman could arrange THOSE types of deals, and would not earn or deserve 15%.

Last edited:
I can’t fathom how you all think you can defeat Pete in battle of words.

Let me give you all some context. I have it on good authority that has known at least one women in the biblical sense. Now many of you are probably saying “that sounds sinful” and while I agree, it’s also a demonstration of this man’s power of persuasion.

Every woman knows that carnal relations brings a risk of conception. At this point, you may be asking, “we the boss, you are talking pure nonsense. This is football board sir!” Well let me explain.

Women always envision what a potential child with their partner could look like. Now we get to the heart of my argument. Imagine the powers of persuasion it takes to convince a woman (even conceding their limited powers of reason) to assume the risk of this:

View attachment 172852

You’d need the voice of Sinatra and the persuasiveness of a young Abe Lincoln to get a woman to take even the most remote risk that singular browed creature like that could be suckling at their chest.

In light of this evidence some of you continue to engage an oritor of this caliber in a rhetorical joist? Well to you brave souls I say:

View attachment 172853
My money is on @Brooklyndee. He didn’t come here to lose. He’s old school.

Advertisement
We’ve already announced Frierson and Taylor at 50K each

Have about 7-8 more announcements coming this week and you will see what I’m talking about.
Since you’ve put yourself out there by posting on this board, I believe it’s fair to ask you direct questions.

Are you taking a % of their NIL deals?

Do you believe helping them with NIL deals will help you with future professional contracts?

Advertisement
So two things I’m noticing here. First, this thread took Pete from a -10 to a +10 in his reaction score. While he’s certainly not setting the upvote world on fire, at least he’s out of the red. Second, Pete isn’t paying @Andrew $25 per year for ads-free. I think a gift subscription could be in order.

View attachment 172850
****, fraggle has a reaction score of 3354 with only 2175 posts!

View attachment 172850

I think I can accounts for that reaction score swing...
I've had Peter on ignore for a couple years now. Good chance he'd still be in the negative if I hadn't made that call.
That said, not charging athletes for the NIL deals is a good thing to do for the players (even if it is a way to form a relationship with the player in hopes that it materializes into a player-agent relationship down the road).

Advertisement
Since you’ve put yourself out there by posting on this board, I believe it’s fair to ask you direct questions.

Are you taking a % of their NIL deals?

Do you believe helping them with NIL deals will help you with future professional contracts?

Asked and answered. Just look above by a few posts (Post 151).

Thank you for confirming. I recall that is what you said about 6 months ago.

Nothing is for free; in business, it’s business. So I’m going to assume, that although no money is upfront, FRM is securing these NIL deals for representation once a player signs a NFL contract. It’s unfathomable that they r just doing this Pro Bono w/ no sort of skin in the game. I’m going to assume they r exploiting a loop hole to represent a player b4 becoming draft eligible w/o “representing them.”

Advertisement
Back