First look at Quincy Roche in Canes gear

Advertisement
DL is not risky if you use good form.

It is a technical lift, though and takes time to get it right.

Lot of younger fellas put a lot of weight on the bar before the form is good, and sometimes bad things happen.

Take your time to perfect the technique and all will be well.

Stick to trap bar for speed. But the old deadlift is too risky.

Advertisement
Advertisement
His form is fine - very focused and deliberate. No fvkin around.

I'd rather see him with a trap bar bar than a straight bar. It's infinitely safer and you'll have much more engagement from the quads, and more forgiveness on the back, as you can clearly see in this video.

If you're gonna have a tall dude using a straight bar, put him in a rack to do heavy rack pulls or on blocks.

Almost looked like a Kabuki bar with an open back end, at first.

Only minor correction needed is to make a double chin in order to create a neutral cervical spine. Trap bar deadlift or even BB Deadlifts are for posterior chain work primarily. This is why you only want a slight bend in your knees and you want to hinge while keeping a lordotic lumbar spine. The moment you flex your lumbar spine to pick up the weight, that's when you have a high risk of injury (muscle strain most likely, or disk bulge/herniation) just my thoughts as a Physical therapist.

Advertisement
DL is not risky if you use good form.

It is a technical lift, though and takes time to get it right.

Lot of younger fellas put a lot of weight on the bar before the form is good, and sometimes bad things happen.

Take your time to perfect the technique and all will be well.
There is still a risk vs reward component that he was talking about. Trap bar squats have already been proven to be more beneficial to an athlete and less risky than dL For body building and competition go for it and yes get someone to teach you that is certified and then go slow. All these kids and gym rats see a video and then go hard or trust some dude in LA fitness

Advertisement
Good to see a guy lifting after being on the team for 2-3 days. But i don't like the form. For my money, he needs to bend his knees more and keep his chest upright. This form can lead to back soreness and injuries.

form is nearly perfect. You can draw a straight vertical line from his shoulders down to heals.

I'm pumped we have him and king all spring.

Trevon coming in the summer really hurt him I believe

Advertisement
Back