First look at Quincy Roche in Canes gear

Advertisement
Advertisement
Perfect form, see what a hurricane should do. No phuckin around. That's what I'M talking about.

Advertisement
I’m not criticizing the young man, I am however criticizing the S and C coaches. His form isn’t terrible but as many on here have noted, he is putting himself in position for a possible back injury or soreness because of how much he is using his back in the lift.
dead lifts are a great combo movement for legs and back. But what I see is the weaker body part, the back, doing too much work.
I wasalways taught that form should be perfect, not ok or pretty good. And this is even more true as one reaches heavier weights because the margin for error leading to injury is so small.
I agree that this is nitpicking, but I want the UM athletes taught the perfect way to lift, run, hit, tackle, throw, etc.. no one is perfect but thatis what should be taught.

giphy.gif
Haha saw fat boys, Morris Day, and someone I can't remember now in Dayton Ohio many moons ago.

Advertisement
His form is fine and you are all nitpicking. Trap bar deadlifts have a different strength and acceleration curve compared to a regular deadlift with a much lower risk of injury. He's using his legs and hinging in the hips fine. There is no reason for a football player to be deadlifting with a straight bar instead of a trap bar and if any of you bodybuilding.com people in here actually kept up to date on research and modern conditioning you would know that.

Here is a literal study on it:

Advertisement
Listed at 6'4" 235.

Not the biggest DE, but he has plenty of time to add some good weight.

And I'm sure he will.

Y’all talking about form and I’m looking at how small he looks.

I thought he’d be bigger than that

I just hope we traded a loser in Jarren for an Alpha dog in the lockerroom. Can’t have any more Bs in there

His form is fine and you are all nitpicking. Trap bar deadlifts have a different strength and acceleration curve compared to a regular deadlift with a much lower risk of injury. He's using his legs and hinging in the hips fine. There is no reason for a football player to be deadlifting with a straight bar instead of a trap bar and if any of you bodybuilding.com people in here actually kept up to date on research and modern conditioning you would know that.

Here is a literal study on it:

This!!!
It’s one the most important exercise for speed and explosiveness.

Advertisement
Back