Fire Manny Diaz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I guess you didn't post anything about Graham Harrell or firing Manny Diaz? :)

You may be new to this but when you fire someone you usually replace them with what you hope is a stronger candidate. No need to shut down university athletics. Just fire the incompetent people and replace them with competent people. Not a very hard strategy to understand. :)
What’s the point in buying a billboard if I’m not even going to see it in person. Just because I see something doesn’t mean I’ll do it

Advertisement
Advertisement
There is no excuse after last season to come in and lose against GT, FIU, and Duke.

"Our players don't seem motivated."

Wonderful. You're fired. We're gonna find someone that can.

Mack Brown was smart enough to dump you in the trash after you let a one legged quarterback run for **** near 300 yards.

Being the head coach at Miami is like being defense against the dark arts professor at Hogwarts.

Advertisement
Unfortunately we can’t fire him.

You don’t hire a guy without even an interview process and then turn around and fire him after one year.

There’s absolutely nothing to look forward to for Miami football in the foreseeable future.

We took a once in a lifetime gift from Mark Richt (bless your heart) and literally rubbed it in **** and then all over our faces.

This is the lowest moment in this programs history in my lifetime.
You can if the guy who hired him gets canned too. Wait until after LOI are signed then clean house.

Advertisement
Let's see what Diaz does this offseason.

Just stop.

Certain things are painfully obvious right now....
- this team does NOT respect this staff or school tradition. You could kick them in the balls and they'd still dance. You could punch them in the face and they'll lay down. Something is incredibly OFF in the locker room, practice field and offensive huddle.
- this staff can't coach themselves out of a paper bag....even a wet paper bag (evident by Enos tonight)
- Manny has no clue what to say, do, or change. The look on his face during games, just as the one in interviews after tells you all you need.
- If and when nothing changes, we will see a mass exodus like we haven't seen before. Guys will transfer, go pro, do anything to get out from this abortion of a program.

Time for the ex-canes to put their money where their mouth is. All those millionaires who talk about their disappointment with the program and do nothing but show up for a shmoozefest like paradise camp. Raise 5 million and drop it on Frank’s desk and say here is your buyout now get us a real coach.
Also don’t care about a Miami connection Jimmy and Erickson had nothing to do with the school but won big here. Get an X and Os coach and dont worry about recruiting. The coach here will get recruits here no matter what.

Look at the LSU corch who fired his coordinators and has LSU #2 in the country. Im willingt ongive Diaz a chance if he fires Enos, Baker ,Patke , Banda and brings in REAL COACHES. If he does not do that this off season and makes excuses the. Fire Manny Diaz.

This loss is the BEST thing that could have happened to the program because now we will see if Diaz is full of **** or if he has the cojones necessary to make the changes.

There is some quick fix stuff. Fire Enos and bring in a spread OC. I like Bill Bedenbaugh but I get that fans want someone who as called plays. So Diaz can do what Coach Orgeron did and hire an OC who was open to having a young buck help him innovate. Hence he got Ensminger as the primary OC and brought in Joe Brady to add spread concepts. Diaz could do the same with his old buddy Larry Fedora and hire Bill Bedenbaugh as the OL coach/co-OC. Fix two problems off the bat. I don't want Fedora alone- we'd just have the same problems again. Bedenbaugh would be the "OC in waiting" since Fedora would likely bounce to a HC gig in a couple years (yes, it's an upgrade for Bedenbaugh as he will NEVER call plays with Riley at Oklahoma). Yes, Diaz could bring someone in to help Enos but Enos doesn't think he needs help.

2nd, Coach Orgeron didn't hire some nobody backwoods hillbilly as his DC. His DC, Aranda, makes nearly as much as he does because he wanted the best in the business. He can worry about the big picture than focus on taking back the defense. Embarrassing that Diaz had to step in at one point this season to help his DC. Diaz needs to put his pride aside and get a DC who is better at defense than him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back